2. Flhrich

Sony 2251 and/or 2250 owners thread

She's up and running! Woot woot.
  3. Flhrich

Pm sent, thank you so much
  4. Flhrich

Hi, just started to rebuild my 2251 and looking for an arm board template. Does anyone have a Grace 707 or sme 3009 arm board they are willing to sell. Or let me borrow for a template?
  5. Flhrich

Vintage McIntosh With Modern Speakers?

Mc2105 with first Gen KEF LS50, also getting signal sent to the REL via the output speaker connections. I really like how the MC2105 sound through the KEF. Ive tried some Bryston mono block, a couple other SS Amp, I come back the 2105. I would say its close between the MC2105 and the Dyna...
  6. Flhrich

SF Bay Area High-End Store Survey - House of Music SF is Closed

House of Music, in SF is not a great lost. Near the end their business ethic was questionable and they stopped being a McIntosh dealer for awhile.
  7. Flhrich

Jumping into the pool with you guys

Hi, I just build my VTA ST120 about 3 weeks ago too. I did the yellow sheet diode mod, running Mullard GZ33, Cifte 12AU7 center with RCAs on the ends and TungSol 120s, driving Kef LS50 through the Primaluna Dialogue Preamp. Ive been running it for 8+ hours every weekend, no issues so far...
  8. Flhrich

Keeping a tube amp or preamp original

Things wear, even if it looked good on the outside. Electrolytics, tubes and other components have a life span, so that the repair part. McIntosh used the known "safe" parts at the time, but its 50+ years, since then. We now have 50 years of knowledge that the designer at the time did not...
  9. Flhrich

The 1st time I was truly disappointed by McIntosh

True that!! Most if not all precision hand work, women are better, more detailed oriented.
  10. Flhrich

Right, 911 is still made in Stugartt, while the others are off to the eastern block, for cheaper labor. Yes , QC will be crucial. Having worked with Asian supplier, it’s a hit and miss. You have to find the right relationship and understand the core competencies. My point is to keep the high...
  11. Flhrich

Don’t be too hard on them, McIntosh needs to survive. These smaller nitche product doesn’t really concern me, it would be more disheartening to see the amps and preamps moved to off shore. McIntosh may need these lower nitche products to keep the flagship alive. Take Porsche, if it wasn’t for...
  12. Flhrich

Mcintosh 2105 Recap Help!

Hi, Mouser had the large replacement, looks to be on order. https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/661-36DY393F075DL2B The Multicap, saw this after I did mine. I replaced with same value. https://hayseedhamfest.com/collections/mcintosh/products/mcintosh-amp
  13. Flhrich

Vintage McIntosh Motherlode in Connecticut

WOW, what a collection! My dislike is the way the auction site stripped all the wooded case and instructions from the units. This forces you to buy a lot of cases and owners manuals, some of which you may not want.
  14. Flhrich

Thorens TD 125 Barn Find

What a great thread! Wished I found this before. I just gave up and dropped in the Origin Live motor replacement kit. With this thread I may go back one day and try to repair the original board.
  15. Flhrich

Dumpster score

Not worth anything, please send my way for proper disposal. I'll provide you a 25$ scrap value gift card.
  16. Flhrich

Echo Dot vs. Chromecast Audio for simple application

Well, I wouldn't call Chromecast a dog. It depends on the system you have setup. I have CA system, that I created, I bought pieces that works together. I can have my whole house playing music, and it's seemless from room to room, with CA. Try doing that with dot, maybe this new update will...
  17. Flhrich

How do I start streaming music?

so, Once you connected the chromecast puck, usb power then toslink to the c47. You then downloaded the google home app, used that to set up the puck? When you went to add a device, it ask you to change your wifi connection to connect the new chromecast. The new chromecast should be...
  18. Flhrich

Hmm..my view would be: Option 1: CCA-> optical cable -> c47 optical, you use the C47 dac Option 2: CCA -> 3.5 —-RCA —-> c47, you use the CCA built in DAC Option 1, would be better, as the c47 DAC has to be better than the CCA dac. The CCA , Chrome cast audio, only has two output option via...
  19. Flhrich

True, as Cast is native to android. An Android tablet would be all you need to add. Then you could play with Roon, an excellent music manager and Spotify for high-end digital music. On the cheap, I find google play music fine for casual listening, if you don’t mind advertising .. kinda like...
  20. Flhrich

The CCA’s beauty, is that it takes over the stream, once cast from the browser and or app. If you use a chrome browser, there should not be any issues. Once cast from the bowser, the network stream will be between the internet source and the CCA. Just make sure the CCA has good access to the...
  21. Flhrich

Hi, Your c47 has a toslink input. Your cheapest route to streaming is get a CCA, per suggestion and a toslink cable. You can use chrome browser to get the music, from google play music, Spotify or any music service/source. The chrome browser has a cast option on the right hand corner of the...
  22. Flhrich

Restoring an MC2105

Yup, great call on the meter, rookie mistake, didnt even think about that. Good to know about the normalcy, of the resistor running hot. Yes, I used ACF-50, to help clean the rust down to bare metal, then cleaned it and treated it with anti-rust primer and painted over the primer. It was all...
  23. Flhrich

Restoring an MC2105

Ok, thanks for everyone’s help. She’s back and running, from what’ve read, if she not burning up, she’s good. After a couple of hours run time she’s just warm and feels even on both sides. Im adding a little bling to her, making a custom chrome screen. I replaced all the electrolytic...
  24. Flhrich

McIntosh - Hints and Kinks

so, after reading all theses "Hints and Kinks" pages...im going into McIntosh Information withdrawal, not seeing anything since Nov 2017. On a serious note, these pages were really helpful and enlightening. Need more !! Thank you Terry, for starting this thread and sharing your wealth of...
  25. Flhrich

Restoring an MC2105

Tonight I started into the amp, and did the easiest thing. I replaced the two main caps and found that both leaked, one was really bad. The amp actually ran really well, I now question the validity of the previous owner saying that it was tested by the prior to me buying it. Or at least the...
Back
Top Bottom