Search results

1. J

Marantz 2015 ground connection question

So I committed a cardinal sin when recapping this 2015 and did not note connections on the main power cap. There were 3 wires in the area and I tied them all to the negative on the cap. The problem is that one of those wires was originally soldered to a chassis lug right next to the cap. There...
  2. J

Bozak B-209a midrange foam replace viable?

Hey all, so I was gifted a pair of early '60s B-300s which had been converted to B302s early in their lifetime as noted by the presence of the B209a that's in them. I read every major Bozak thread on here and decided to rebuild the crossovers from the start with the Tobin circuit as the...
  3. J

CR-1020 intermittent quiet channel assistance

Hey all, I just want to get some thoughts on where to look for an issue I'm having. Randomly, in the last few weeks, I've been struggling with a left channel getting very quiet, almost inaudible but still present. Details: Not in volume or balance pot. All inputs affected. Tuner and phono...
  4. J

Adding a parallel electrolytic to a can cap in tube receiver

I'm replacing the caps in a Voice of Music 1428 and I definitely want to replace the main filter can with another. In the past, I've restuffed them or just left dummy ones while putting the electrolytics underneath, but this chassis is very tight. It's a 4 section can, so restuffing it will be...
  5. J

Question about increased values during CR-420 recap

I'm recapping a CR-420 that's reasonably unmolested. Any previously replaced caps have been the schematic value, but I just came across 2 pairs that are way different. C419-422 were originally 470pf ceramics and they've been replaced with 3.3uf electrolytics. Should this be undone? It seems like...
  6. J

CR-420 unlabeled capacitor values

Ordering up caps for my 420 and some values are not listed in the schematic. I'm leery of just replacing what's in there since this unit has been worked on several times before with all sorts of different caps, so I'd like to know factory spec if anybody has this info. Looking for: C202 C214...
  7. J

CR-420 right channel issues

I love my 1020, so I picked this up recently for a second receiver. Fully tested upon getting home and the right channel only output distortion, not even distorted music, just buzzes to the beat. Thorough de-oxit didn't fix it. Needs caps, but I wouldn't think caps would cause that dramatic of...
  8. J

Sansui 210 high DC offset

New to the forum and new to solid state receivers. Done some simple tube amps though. I got this old Sansui for cheap as a good starter receiver to practice on and hopefully set up as a small bedroom rig. The owner said it recently started to get really distorted. At least I decided to check...
Back
Top Bottom