Search results

1. JadeRose

Tube Preamp for Kenwood Basic M2

Thinking about running a tube pre into my Basic M2. Any suggestions? Not looking to spend McIntosh money, just something to get me going in tube sound. Even if it's a kit.
  2. JadeRose

Realistic Nova 7B..recap?

6's are crisp and clean but lack some bass. 7b's are little more balanced but lack some top end. The 8b's are pretty balanced but the bass is a little boomy. I have found that a combination of the 7b's on the A's and the 6's on the B's make for a damn fine listening experience. They both...
  3. JadeRose

Four screws holding the crossover in place. Plenty of wire to bring them out. I STRONGLY suggest you bring them out
  4. JadeRose

I just recapped a pair over the weekend along with some 6's and 8b's. Cleaned the sound up greatly. I got the cheap-o 15 uf/100v from Parts express and they sound great.
  5. JadeRose

Petition to change the Audiokarma Logo

If we're audiophiles, what do people that collect these things call themselves?
  6. JadeRose

What is the most prone to flame wars topic?

Cerwin Vega's are the best speakers ever made but only those made before 1990. Fight me....:whip:
  7. JadeRose

Petition to change the Audiokarma Logo

Do I give any $hits about the logo or masthead? No. Would I like a coffee mug with the logo on it? Sure...sign me up.
  8. JadeRose

Zebulon1

Bought a Realistic STA-2000 from Zebulon1 for not a lot of money but you would never know it by the packaging. Completely foamed in. Completely safe. They could have drug this behind the truck and it would have been fine. Buy with confidence that your stuff will arrive safely from Bob. He...
  9. JadeRose

Dynaco A25 vs. Realistic Nova8b

Thank you all that replied. I was able to get a much better deal on the Nova's. I'm going with them. Was what I wanted in the first place, I just didn't want to pay what the seller wanted and I told him so. I respectfully told him that I thought he was high, or at least too high for me, and...
  10. JadeRose

I agree that both are over priced. The Nova's are just getting so hard to find and there ain't many Dynaco's here in the midwest either.
  11. JadeRose

Here's my dilemma.....locally I have the opportunity to purchase A25's with updated SEA's Tweeters that are otherwise pristine for $275 or a 4 hour roundtrip to buy some pristine Nova 8b's for 150. I would, of course, do the VL mod....something I've wanted to do since I found out about it. I...
  12. JadeRose

62 goin' on 22

I'd love to have the body and stamina of my 22 year old self. Not the mind. I was dumb, destructive and dangerous. Sounds fun. Mostly wasn't. (Some was!)
  13. JadeRose

62 goin' on 22

I had an epiphany a few years back. I had just turned 45 and was "feeling my age". I knew I was supposed to be a "grown up" and simply didn't want to be. I took care of my responsibilities ( weirdly, I always have) but didn't want to care about grown up stuff. This was, of course, a little...
  14. JadeRose

62 goin' on 22

50 year old punk and "angry young man" here. I was a wild kid. And by wild, I don't mean I dabbled in drugs and partied. I mean I am a full blown alcoholic and drug addict that had a heart attack at 19 from the cheap and easy cocaine of the "florida to chicago" train that I was a part of. I...
  15. JadeRose

Songs that stab you right in the heart.

Huge Bowie fan. I was shocked and saddened the day he passed and as we remember, that was a terrible year for heroes leaving us. As I was driving home, the local rockstation was doing a tribute and they played "Five Years". I burst into tears and just sobbed. I'm a gaddam grown man but so...
  16. JadeRose

Songs that must be played at top volume to be fully experienced

The Late September Dogs by Melissa Etheridge. Make sure the volume is loud right at the very start when she speaks. If you don't damn near $hit yourself, you're a better man than I. I'm sure it's on here somewhere but 2112 has to be played at earbleed.
  17. JadeRose

Preamp in/out

I wonder how this train wreck turned out? Badly, I'm sure.
  18. JadeRose

drmaudio back in business

\ I would like this info, too, please
  19. JadeRose

KR-5150 Pre-amp out

Got a 5150 that I am trying to run through a Basic M2. For some reason, the pre-amp out signal just isn't very strong. It's significantly louder when the speaks are hooked directly to the receiver. I've run a TT straight to the amp through a DJPRE2 and the amp has no problems that I can see...
  20. JadeRose

Realistic STA-2100D

5 years later there is one on ebay for $1900. OY!
  21. JadeRose

General Electric Solid State lights no sound

Mine had a short in the motor of the turn table. Caused all kind of problems. I just disconnected it and some of the issues went away
  22. JadeRose

Just a middle aged dude that still likes to rock on, and play with, old audio gear.

Just a middle aged dude that still likes to rock on, and play with, old audio gear.
  23. JadeRose

KC area?

St. Joe here
  24. JadeRose

Have you used any Deoxit or anything on it and does is look like my Avatar? Mine just took a bunch of cleaning . Those functions switches to switch between tuner, tape and phono also need to be cleaned AND you could possibly have more than one turned on. Before you start ripping apart, always...
  25. JadeRose

I've got an RC7832BWD-A. Spend some time with it and take your time with it. When you do get it going, I guarantee you'll be glad you did. It sounds amazing. Just for S&G's try disconnecting the turntable power and inputs.
Back
Top Bottom