Search results

1. Sutherland

SR-929 platter mat, very soft?

Mine is still as soft and pliable as when it was new in1979. Spent time in Hawaiian sun those first three years but none since.
  2. Sutherland

Looking for speakers to complement my BA-3000 CA-3000 combo.

Back in the day (1980) when I had this pair I ran Bose 901 IV's. Know alot of Bose haters but man did these rock Van Halen at HIGH volume
  3. Sutherland

Sansui SR-929 different versions?

Make sure guys add those serial numbers to the Sansui data base
  4. Sutherland

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

On a Joe kick tonight. Have tickets to see him at Red Rocks, Colorado in August
  5. Sutherland

With some Dewars 12year scotch
  6. Sutherland

Why did Sansui lose the audio wars to Pioneer, etc.?

I agree that the military boosted Sansui's sales. I never heard of the brand until I was in the service late 70's. They were very popular along with Pioneer equipment. The Sansui equipment overall seemed better at that time and that is was I bought. As far as the other brands ,it's like the Mac...
  7. Sutherland

TU 7700 FM stereo indicator bulb not working

Ok, will go ahead and paint the bezel black and replace LED, Thanks for info
  8. Sutherland

Finally got the metal bezel and LED's. Wouldn't you know it but the stereo LED starting working on it's own. Could be issue with the driver ?
  9. Sutherland

Show me your rack!

Here is my DIY rack. Have a suspended hardwood floor so footfall was a problem. Went with a flexible design to absorb vibrations. Maple X frame supporting 1/2 inch MDF shelves which are sitting on Sorbathane insulation strips. The Sansui SR 929 is sitting on a Michigan 1 3/4 maple cutting...
  10. Sutherland

Found some black ones but they fit a 5mm LED, The Sansui looks more like 3mm LED. Fits into a 5-6mm hole in the panel. Thanks for idea, will keep looking
  11. Sutherland

If the bezel is broken, I'm not sure about finding an identical one (short of a parts unit) to replace it. I've seen similar black plastic LED bezels in the past, but usually those are for use with the slightly larger T-1 3/4 size LEDs. The Led is captured in bezel. Dug out other piece of...
  12. Sutherland

Here is a picture of the bulb out of a TU5500 should be the same- it was epoxied in and broke the threads removing it. has a jamb nut on it also. Wondering if a power indicator from matching AU 5500 or AU 7700 is the same?
  13. Sutherland

Just a thought.. is the power indicator the same LED ?
  14. Sutherland

Thanks guys, that's what I thought but wasn't sure. Like kevzep said, I cannot find the correct size LED so will have to modify something. I am retiring a TU5500 that needs major work so was going rob the bulb from it but someone had epoxied it in place-- same issue of modifing something I...
  15. Sutherland

What TT's do you folks have

Sansui SR 929 currently with an AT125LC cartridge. also have an Ortofon 2M Red but keep going back to the AT. Need to save up and get a better cartridge this table deserves.
  16. Sutherland

Just picked this up and gave a good cleaning. The only issue is the stereo indicator bulb does not work. I am getting a stereo signal out to the speakers. Probable bulb ? I believe this is an LED, any hints on where to get replacement ?
  17. Sutherland

Groovy man, no herb though
  18. Sutherland

Pics of your listening space

Nice..Where did you find the industrial media rack?
  19. Sutherland

Interesting idea. Mine was bought thru US Army PX in Hawaii
  20. Sutherland

My 929 serial number is 327010439. It has the Metal silver dial weight and screen printed logo. I bought new in 1979. It also has the ribbed pitch control knob. Next theory ?
  21. Sutherland

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

TU-7700,224120269,Sutherland
  22. Sutherland

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

And then there was..........
  23. Sutherland

Thanks.. been here for a little while. How about this too
  24. Sutherland

Some great local blues. Check them out , Great Sax !!
Back
Top Bottom