Search results

1. Grenadeslio

Soundcraftsmen MA5002

getting the itch to add another amp to the rotation, any comments on the MA5002 welcome.
  2. Grenadeslio

music received for Christmas

my lady Renee and I have a Christmas tradition of buying each other a record, this yrs haul includes two I received and a double album for her. listening to the Stray Cats
  3. Grenadeslio

cool music videos

I've run across some really cool music videos apart from the main stream, here's an example, anyone else have any?
  4. Grenadeslio

Grill'n music

ok, who's out there grill'n & chillin, and what's the tunalidge, any format, show your setup if so inclined. Grilling some wings tonight with my proprietary dry rub, 1/2 will also get a coating of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. Prince Purple Rain recorded from vinyl with the Teac C-3RX through...
  5. Grenadeslio

The Comedy of Terrors

couldn't believe I had never seen this movie before, Renee and I watched it last night, what a hoot lol.
  6. Grenadeslio

budget LOMC preamp shootout

Just ordered two budget LOMC preamps as the thread title states. The Art should be here this Friday, the TCC next week sometime, so I'll have a little time with the Art first. I'll be testing their performance mainly to drive LOMC cartridges, a Denon DL301 actually. Ive read good things...
  7. Grenadeslio

Grace stylus

I have a few Grace F-8, know about the F-21, didn't know the two could share stylus. Anyone know anything about this stylus? Nothing on the internet, not surprising as it goes with all things Grace. the F-21 used a .5m conical, maybe this is the same, any assistance would be awesome asked...
  8. Grenadeslio

speaker break-in

real or just hype? I have my experiences with speaker break-in, and I've read others here mentioning the same, some seem to feel it's all manufacturers hype to cover their asses for making junk.
  9. Grenadeslio

The Rock

looks absolutely tiny next to these giants really puts the size of NBA players into perspective, The Rock was noted to say he wasn't wearing shoes.
  10. Grenadeslio

today

would have been our 41st anniversary, it's been almost 10yrs, life can seem very long at times I miss you Nanette
  11. Grenadeslio

South Florida tech

ok, so I have two Kenwood KX-1030 decks that aren't working, looking for either a tech that specializes in Kenwood or tape decks, hopefully out of the two one can be salvaged. I live on the treasure coast but willing to go north or south if anyone knows a tech.
  12. Grenadeslio

Teac C-3RX

I have a number of great decks including a Nakamichi MR1, but I've always liked the offerings from Tascam. Basically this is a Tascam 122MKIII I believe with DBX added, that part actually doesn't interest me. Just wondering what others that own this deck or have experience think about it, will...
  13. Grenadeslio

Pickering XV15 625E VS Grado G1 8MZ

Not a head to head as you most likely thought other than output. Yesterday I decided to put a turntable in the bedroom, to hell with the minimalist one source setup. I've had the Mitsubishi DPEC8 for about 5yrs, only used it to test it was working with my Pickering XV15 625E/D625 installed...
  14. Grenadeslio

who's recording a cassette tape?

with the prices of high bias tapes being so expensive and metal at forgetaboutit prices it's an expensive endeavour now. Just wondering who if anyone and what your recording, deck used, tape, and source medium would be interesting. Tonight I'm giving the Nakamichi MR1 a little exercise like...
  15. Grenadeslio

eBay prices on turntables

I'm constantly doubted here about the prices I quote on tables through eBay. I've helped several members here score nice decks but still some doubt. Well I gave a heads up to the members here about this sale, no affiliation, hope someone here landed this great deal. This is the arm mounted on...
  16. Grenadeslio

now this is funny

I have quite a few searches always running on eBay, one for the Kenwood KD770D included. So I see a new ad posted and look to see what's offered lol. The description claims the table is "all original" and plays great, so looking at the pictures I decided to contact the seller, picture below...
  17. Grenadeslio

The little lady

Just wondering how many remembered the above last weekend. Surprised Renee with these Saturday morning, the lilies have really opened up. 2 dozen long stemmed roses and a dozen lilies.
  18. Grenadeslio

football fans

My oldest son has been a Dolphan for many yrs, and Dan is definitely the man as their quarterback. So every year I try to find something special for his bday, we've found a lot of it at this antique store we frequent over the yrs. Well this yr I found something really great, the pictures don't...
  19. Grenadeslio

bucket list

Someone started a thread on aspirational speakers and this got me thinking, never a good thing lol. Anyway, was wondering if any here had acquired any bucket list system pieces, whether speakers, amps, cartridges, etc. I've only just recently scored one of the items off my list, the original...
  20. Grenadeslio

KA7300 power switch

ya, I know these are unobtanium but I have to ask. My KA7300 power switch finally took a dump, using a switched cord leaving the power switch in the on position works fine, but I'm thinking of selling the amp and would like the switch working. So I'm looking for either a replacement, or info on...
  21. Grenadeslio

Best lady ever

We really need a new couch and chair in the living rm, but we're picky and can't find what we want. We've looked at literally thousands on line, but what we want is currently not in style so we've been told. I went to several local furniture stores this weekend, went on line etc, hoping to...
  22. Grenadeslio

In tribute to my brother, love you bro

As many of you know I lost my brother yesterday, his favorite band was Led Zeppelin, so in tribute to Buzz it's an all Zeppelin day. Anyone else out there want to join in and play their Zeppelin it would be awesome, maybe Buzz will be listening. And if you do please feel free to post them here...
  23. Grenadeslio

tale of two preamps

putting together a little system for one of my nephews, saw these two preamps for similar money, any preferences? NIKKO BETA 30 B&K PRO - 10MC
  24. Grenadeslio

What band are you binging?

Lately I've posted a few mini musicathons, is that even a word lol? The latest being a Santanathon of six albums featuring two each night over three nights. This got me wondering if anyone else is listening to multiple releases by the same artist. So, anyone else out there having a musicathon...
  25. Grenadeslio

Campy movie scenes

ok, so this hasn't been a great weekend with my brother's diagnosis, so keeping with my own creedo of "you're either laughin or you're cryin, pick one, and I'd rather be laughing", always get a laugh out of this kinda shit. So let's see some of you're favorites, I know my list is endless...
Back
Top Bottom