Search results

1. M

How About a Beginner Turntable Sub Forum?

Biscuithead sort of makes the same idea I had, that one thread can lead to others and I guess for a newer member like myself I enjoy that. I can see where older members may have grown tired of it or tired of repeated questions but I still think the vinyl is really coming back ( glad I kept my...
  2. M

You know I just found this site myself when I had a simple question. I was worried about pushing speakers rated at 75watts max with the 100watt Yamaha amp I had bought my son. When I googled that question, it led me to a thread on here. Pretty cool, a simple question I should probably have known...
  3. M

I think the thread could be really useful for opinions on subs being necessary vs speakers being used or bought. Many are getting back into vinyl and are buying systems for this. I just did this very thing. I bought my son( a digital downloader and I mean 1000's) a Yamaha stereo reciever w/...
  4. M

Royal 6 Speakers?

Great idea, you surmised my reason for this as I was just wanting to add some bottom and have fun refurbishing the speaker. I can add a sub to the Yamaha ( you have to get a sub with high level line in and out and run out to sub and then to speakers , suppose to sound good and is on Yamaha's web...
  5. M

My first turntable was a Dual, then went to a JVC belt with MarkIII ( ADC?) cartridge, the Audio Technica 60, now 120 and like I said my ears can"t tell the difference between belt and direct ( except at very high volume I hear a little rumble on belt drive)
  6. M

Also the question most people want to know is where do I put it there is no phono input. Simple, if turntable has built in amp, go to any open red/white available ( I use blue ray ) and your table plays there. If turntable does not simply run into a phono pre amp and then to an available open...
  7. M

I've researched a bunch and I believe turntables should be bought by how it's used. For me I want automatic with controls on the front so I can close the cover. For me it had to have a replaceable cartridge in case I wanted to upgrade. I understand what audiophiles are after but for every day...
  8. M

Royal 6 Speakers?

And one other thing to stir it up a little. I'm giving my son a pair of Bose 201's I had laying around to pair with the Yamaha (100w) reciever along with a Audio Technica AT-LP60usb turntable. I know how everybody feels on here about Bose but I picked these up for 40.00 at a pawn shop to hook up...
  9. M

Royal 6 Speakers?

I have a Marantz NR1403, Integra CDC 3.4 CD, Audio Technica AT-LP120 Turntable with DCM TF-400 mains ( awesome) DCM 16C center ( awesome also ) and DCM satellites ( voice matched ) so my system is perfect for my needs. The Royal 6A cabinet is not really solid wood but it is Heavy even missing...
  10. M

Royal 6 Speakers?

I have a 6a cabinet without the woofer and the tweeter and driver are in terrible shape. What replacements speakers would work? 12", 5", and 2-1/4 worried about crossover.
Back
Top Bottom