Search results

1. JoelMart2017

JBL L222 refoamed

I am running them on my Yamaha MX-830 amp. :) WOW!!!!
  2. JoelMart2017

JBL L222 refoamed

Finally finished the re-foaming of both the 15" passive and 14" woofers. These speakers sound amazing. They still need a little more on the refinishing of the wood but for now its done. Sitting next to my Norman Model 10's and JBL HP520 in the back. Definitely keepers.
  3. JoelMart2017

JBL L222's!!

Starting the restore process. Some Howard's restore and feed-n-wax. Foams have been ordered and will arrive this week. Right one has the process started.
  4. JoelMart2017

JBL L222's!!

I picked up a pair of JBL L222's for $50. Woofers need to be refoamed and wood needs a little TLC. They are heavy as hell and barely fit in my Jeep Cherokee. Very excited to get these restored and hook them up to my Kenwood 700's.
  5. JoelMart2017

Can you have too much power ?

I have my Kenwood 700m around #2 on the output dial and I rarely get to the half mark on the 700C volume dial. Maybe I am not used to pure power but thats really loud for me. I have cranked my Polk RTi12's to half power on both kenwoods and the walls are rattling. I cant imagine what it would...
  6. JoelMart2017

Bi-amping

I have not yet, but I will tomorrow to see what it sounds like. The specs are actually not that bad. Power output: 100 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo) Frequency response: 10Hz to 100kHz Total harmonic distortion: 0.08% Damping factor: 100 Input sensitivity: 1V Signal to noise ratio...
  7. JoelMart2017

Bi-amping

I had not been to please with the Polk Rti12's running on my Kenwoods, not quite the sound I was looking for. I recently found an Integra ADM-2.1 amp for cheap and figured I would try to bi-amp the Polks. What a difference it makes, sounds so much better. I might see if I can air brush it to...
  8. JoelMart2017

Starting in on the worst KR4070 ever...

Its a really good receiver. I just got one for my daughter.
  9. JoelMart2017

Kenwood Vintage Set

I picked this up for $80. :) Kenwood KA-601 Kenwood KT-615 Kenwood KX-1030 All seem to be working good so far, just needs a good cleaning.
  10. JoelMart2017

Kenwood KX-1030 :)

Thank you!!! This will surely help.
  11. JoelMart2017

Belts are in great shape but it does need a new pinch roller, it messed up one of my cassettes. Sound is great though. The KX-830 is going to my daughter with the KR-4070 I just got for her, but I will probably replace the pinch roller on this one also. I just need to locate a replacement or...
  12. JoelMart2017

Kenwood System CL Listing

I have been lucky on the belts of my current KX-1030 and KX-830 but both could use a new pinch roller. Hopefully its not too difficult to change out.
  13. JoelMart2017

It would be nice to have in my bedroom, not to replace my 700's. :)
  14. JoelMart2017

This showed up locally and was wondering if $100 for all is worth it? I am going to go see them today. Kenwood KA-601, KT615 and KX1030 Also they have a JVC L-A31 Turntable for $30
  15. JoelMart2017

No problem!! Hope you are enjoying your 700C, I love mine.

No problem!! Hope you are enjoying your 700C, I love mine.
  16. JoelMart2017

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Listening to Journey LP on my Harman Kardon ST-7 though my Polk Audio A9s.
  17. JoelMart2017

I just got this in. I got this one because it came in the original box with manuals and original receipt from 1978 with extended service plan till 1980 from a place called Dixie Hifi. This will make a great addition to my Kenwood 700M and 700C which also have their original boxes and documents.
  18. JoelMart2017

I completely forgot, there is already a copy of both in PDF here...

I completely forgot, there is already a copy of both in PDF here: https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/kenwood/700c.shtml
  19. JoelMart2017

Your photo, critiqued and/or praised. It's about learning and improving.

Its no problem. My photo is called "The Landing" so cropping it would change what the photo is saying. :)
  20. JoelMart2017

Absolutely. I will be able to this afternoon. The diagram will be a little tough to scan but I...

Absolutely. I will be able to this afternoon. The diagram will be a little tough to scan but I can get a HD photo of it.
  21. JoelMart2017

B & W Pics

Like this one? :)
  22. JoelMart2017

Am I the only one who seeks matching components?

I do this also but it will take some time before I get my hands on a 700T to complete my set.
  23. JoelMart2017

Cassette tape decks, what is the fascination?

I would like to see companies make parts for the vintage decks, these were over built compared to today's standards. I like the vintage look. :)
  24. JoelMart2017

Cassette tape decks, what is the fascination?

So true. I tested a buddy's Nakamichi on my Kenwood system and it sounded so much better than my KX-830, so much that i want to get a better tape deck. Cassette tapes sounded so clean and vibrant on the Nak, I was surprised on how good it was.
  25. JoelMart2017

New Category: TAPE find of the day?!?

My find today. $2 for all and still sealed at SA. Also found these too.
Back
Top Bottom