Search results

1. H

Soundcraftsmen A5002 - Need Recommendation

I want to replace the gain controls on my A5002 amplifier. Are they called attenuators or potentiometers? I am looking for a budget option replacement. The original controls are 47k ohms, but from a search here it looks like 50k will work. The original units have a d-shape shaft, the shaft...
  2. H

Denon POA-1500, Fixing Premature Lamp Failures

I bought the kit as you describe and installed it. When installing the replacement transistors and resistors I overheated the back of the board and what appeared to be some thin overlay linkages connecting certain legs of the transistors to the resistors melted - so I can't tell for the new...
  3. H

When installing the replacement transistors and resistors on my POA1500 I overheated the back...

When installing the replacement transistors and resistors on my POA1500 I overheated the back of the board and what appeared to be some thin overlay linkages connecting certain legs of the transistors to the resistors melted. Can you or anyone else send me some pics of the back of your board...
  4. H

Mcintosh C26 Mode Selector Connection for the c19/20 .22uf capacitors

I am restoring a C26 preamp. I am trying to figure out which terminals on the back of the Model Selector switch the C19 and C20 .22uf capacitors are connected to. I have a schematic for the switch but can't figure out the connections from the schematic. Anyone know which terminals these...
  5. H

Recapping C304 & C305 capacitor cans on Mcintosh C26 Preamplifier

Thanks so much for your response. This is the first recapping job I have done on a preamp so your thoughts are quite assuring. Any thoughts regarding my question #2? Do my planned connections based on the picture sound reasonable? Best, Kevin
  6. H

Recapping C304 & C305 capacitor cans on Mcintosh C26 Preamplifier

Need some confirmation regarding the replacement of my C304A&B and C305A&B electrolytic capacitors on the Power Supply board of a C26. The original capacitors are contained in two silver covered caps. It is a real pain to dismount, cut, empty and refill them so instead I plan to disconnect the...
  7. H

Repairing Thorens TD125 MKII

1) The cartridge you choose is the pickup and determineds MM vs. MC. The TT is agnostic as to the type of cartridge (MM vs MC) as it has no built in phono amp. I run a Moving Magnet cartridge in my table. You not likely to find a Moving Coil (MC) in that price range. 2) Yes, but you will want...
  8. H

Altec Lansing Model 14

Beautiful speakers! They look to be in great shape. I love a horn loaded speaker, particularly for jazz. And let's face it, they just look cool sitting there!!!
  9. H

Altec Lansing Model 14

Guys, as promised pic of the Model 14s and related stuff (extra covers still packaged, original boxes, Sansui AU-999,McintoshMVP-861, Empire 698 TT, Michel Transcriptor TT). The Model 14s sound great!
  10. H

Altec Lansing Model 14

Got a chance to fire them up. All I can say is WOW! They are particularly suited to strong recordings where particular instruments or vocals are emphasized (e.g. Chris Botti, Diana KrawI, Tony Bennett) They remind me of my Klipschorns without the need to shove them into a corner. At the...
  11. H

Altec Lansing Model 14

I'll post pictures when I can. Amy traveling lots so I haven't had time to do anything but get them home...haven't even fired them up yet!!!
  12. H

Altec Lansing Model 14

Went to see and listen to them today. Sounded great. Cabinets are near perfect as stated. Woofers have been refoamed and in great shape. Original boxes and paperwork complete. Only thing that wasn't as new were to speaker covers. One have a small corner rub. Seller said the reason he said...
  13. H

Altec Lansing Model 14

Thanks guys. You aren't helping my stereo addiction. I need another pair of speakers like a hole in the head. But I haven't owned any Altecs before and it's not often one comes across single owner primo speakers w/ original boxes of such an unusual model. Guess I'm going to have to buy them...
  14. H

Altec Lansing Model 14

Found a pair of Altec Lansing Model 14 in perfect shape with original boxes. One-owner pair bought in 1979/80. Woofers have been refoamed and look right. They sound good. Seller wants $1000 firm. I like horn loaded speakers (e.g. Klipshorn). Prior reviews on these look mixed. Any current...
  15. H

Very cool. Thanks for the help. I'm getting there! Kevin
  16. H

Hi Tom, I'm replacing caps using the parts list you provided (thanks!). Question, for C11, do you mean solder in two .10 caps in place of the one .20 cap in the original? Thanks, Kevin
  17. H

I don't think so. Seem tight on the board, but I'll sure test them all to be sure. Thanks for sharing though. There is a good chance I might miss something.
  18. H

I don't see one. Which one looks suspicious to you?
  19. H

I don't have a socket on the board. The leads coming out of the bulb are soldered onto mine ( see img850) and note mid board to the left. There is no bulb or socket on top of the board (img2291). Strange. But as long the existing one on the board is a 6v/20mA I can certainly improvise. I...
  20. H

Ha! I'll bet it was a let-down. By the way, I did find the lamps on eBay from one seller and there are more if you need them.
  21. H

Thanks. I am not sure why a prior owner might have moved it to the back of the board from presumably the front. Best, Kevin
  22. H

Hi Tom, Thanks so much for the great information. Most helpful! One last question regarding the lamp. Do you think it matters whether it is mounted on the front side of the board versus the back? Mine is on the back, but it appears to me that perhaps this was done by another owner. Best, Kevin
  23. H

HI folks - new to the form and to Thorens TTs. Have a TD 125 MKII I purchased broken and want to repair. Motor pulses but does not turn. From reading threads on the forum I think the problem may be one or two things. First, the capacitors - specifically the two 1000mF capacitors on the main...
Back
Top Bottom