Search results

1. 20Hz

classic mcintosh preamp- no service needed if it's 'working'?

So I am finally getting some mac gear after 20 years of it hanging around in the back of my mind as a 'someday' thing, and I bought a C-33 based on the love it gets here and everywhere. Anyway, I called audioclassics to see what they would recommend as far as a tune up/check out (assuming it...
  2. 20Hz

Tell me all the bad things about Cornwalls..

.....aside from the fact that they're huge. because I'm going to look at a record collection I may buy today, and the person is selling some cornwall CWOs which I really don't need, but I have heard so many glowing reviews (best speaker I ever heard, stopped chasing the dragon when I got these...
  3. 20Hz

M-22..OMG.

Just got this beast from another AKer. My initial impressions are wow. And whoa. Tomorrow I drag it upstairs to try against my reference amp (Rogue Cronus Magnum ll). I'm running straight into it from the variable output on my DAC at the moment. I've plugged 3 speaker sets in so far and they've...
  4. 20Hz

ESS AMT 3 rebuild

Porkloin told me to start a thread so I am. I was trying to buy some AMT 1bs from an old feller in state who was in the process of falling for the Craigslist Cashier’s check scam, and despite my best efforts he went through with it. I read a lot of ESS threads while I was searching and saw lots...
  5. 20Hz

those eBay DIY amp kits..

thoughts on these? There are a ton of them, seem to be relatively inexpensive. I imagine like anything the quality of the components you put in them and careful soldering will make a difference, but are the basic topologies sound? Anyone have experience with them?
  6. 20Hz

Qe dustcap replacement.

hey I just picked up a pair of these at goodwill for the princely sum of $25 and they sound pretty darn good. One of the woofer's dustcaps is missing entirely. I just googled dust cap replacement and found there's a school of thought that some speakers sound better without them. So...if you Qe...
  7. 20Hz

Yet another 9090bd protection light question

I’ve read numerous threads in this topic and checked the resistors on the driver board which are in spec. I took the bottom cover off and tapped on the relay and the light went green. I tried to clean the contacts as best I could without removing the relay (I was lazy) and it doesn’t seem to...
  8. 20Hz

Talk me out of a D707f/D907f..

I've been bitten by the Sansui bug, hard. I got a 9090db, and am sending it to trnsfmr for overhaul, and bought an AU-505 to recap myself, based on his recommendation as an excellent choice for a first recap job, and the many excellent reviews here. Bone stock it sounds amazing, and I'm really...
  9. 20Hz

Tannoy 609 or System 8s?

Hey folks, new user here. I am putting together a number of "golden-age (debatable, I know) of hi-fi" systems (Sansui 9090, Pioneer sa- 9100, Fisher 500c, Thorens 125, Arriston RD11s) but I also like and have modern gear (rogue, VPI, ATC). I'm looking to add some mid-size Tannoy DCs and was...
Back
Top Bottom