Search results

1. D

Muffled sound while using DAC

Yep, that was the problem. I didn’t realize the input requirements are different. I usually use CD or AUX but guess I got in a hurry. Thanks everyone!
  2. D

Just weird because I haven’t changed anything and everything sounded great until it didn’t.
  3. D

Yea, I kind of thought the Airport Express either works or doesn’t too but I’ve tried with two different phones and get the same result. I don’t see any changes on sound quality from the phone and have the equalizer turned off. What about the optical cable between the airport and the DAC? I...
  4. D

Any suggestion as to what to use in its place? I don't use the system often so I don't need anything terribly expensive.
  5. D

Hi folks, just a quick question about my DAC setup. I have the DAC running to my Yamaha CR2020 and to a set of Polk M7s and using an Apple Airport Express to received the stream from my phone. The Airport Express is connected via optical cable to the DAC and the DAC is connected via RCA cables...
  6. D

Can anyone identify this speaker?

Thanks for the replies! The grills don't come off (so says my dad, I haven't made it over to take a look at them yet) but I'll try to open them up and report back.
  7. D

Can anyone identify this speaker?

Can anyone identify this speaker? My dad bought the set at an antique shop and said they sound really good. There’s no name anywhere on them.
  8. D

Mitsubishi LT-5V problem and search for part

Hi all, Early this year I purchased a Mitsubishi LT-5v linear tracking vertical turntable. At the time the only thing wrong with it was it would not return the tone arm at the end of the record (burned out bulb in the sensor). Not long ago, I sold it to my dad and he fixed the bulb and all was...
  9. D

Onkyo 4500 Mk2 or Pioneer SX 1010

Yes reading now. Thanks for the heads up!
  10. D

Ya know, the easy solution to this is to buy both. I did some reading on both of these and the Pioneer definitely seems like the one to get. Any guidance on how much is too much to pay? As I said it's already over $250.00. Not a big deal but I don't want to pay too much obviously.
  11. D

Nope not a trick question. I’m new to vintage receivers and the best way to learn is ask those that have owned them. Makes sense that the bids on the Pioneer are over $250 now and the Onkyo remains at $75.
  12. D

Wow that’s surprises me. I thought the Onkyo would come out on top. Thanks for the input! Why do you like the Pioneer more?
  13. D

I have a lead on an Onkyo 4500 Mk2 and a Pioneer SX 1010. When it’s all said and done, either one I pick is going to run me around $200 shipped. Both are fully working. The Onkyo is a 8 1/2 out of ten, and the Pioneer is a 7. Is one better than the other, or is it subjective depending on...
  14. D

Onkyo TX-2500 MK2 worth

I may have to find one of those!
  15. D

Onkyo TX-2500 MK2 worth

Yes. LOL. But I really didn't have a chance. I'm sure someone picked it up as soon as it posted.
  16. D

Onkyo TX-2500 MK2 worth

Well, I called first thing this morning and it had already been sold. I couldn't call last night when I saw the post because they were already closed. Oh well...wasn't meant to be. At least I'll know for next time!
  17. D

Onkyo TX-2500 MK2 worth

Wow thanks for the great replies. I’ll call first thing in the morning and see if they still have it. I’ll report back if I end up with it.
  18. D

Onkyo TX-2500 MK2 worth

Right now I have a Yamaha 820 that I love.
  19. D

Onkyo TX-2500 MK2 worth

2F17BCCF-246F-4792-9C2A-377BA2762182 by dgwestfall75 posted Feb 1, 2018 at 8:46 PM
  20. 2F17BCCF-246F-4792-9C2A-377BA2762182

2F17BCCF-246F-4792-9C2A-377BA2762182

21. Onkyo

Onkyo

22. D

Onkyo TX-2500 MK2 worth

I have a chance to pick up an Onkyo TX-2500 MK2 for $50 if it’s not already sold. I don’t need it per se, but am I crazy to pass it up? It works but looks as if it needs to be cleaned up.
  23. D

Problem with my Mitsubishi LT-5V turntable

Thank you. I checked it again this morning, and when the tone arm is down and playing a record, if you gently blow or bump the arm left or right, it tracks in the correction. If the tone arm is up, it does not. It's my understanding if one of the bulbs are out, it will not correct it's...
  24. D

Yea I think so. I’m pretty handy with this type of thing. But before I blew the dust out I could make it track left and right with the buttons and now it doesn’t. When I just press start it goes to the beginning and plays as it should but I can’t cue the tone arm to the left like before.
  25. D

Having a problem with my turntable. When I bought it it worked fine other than the platter needed a little help to start spinning, and the tone arm wouldn’t return at the end of the record. Otherwise worked fine and sounded really good. Tonight I pulled the back off and replaced the belts, blew...
Back
Top Bottom