Search results

1. D

Muffled sound while using DAC

Hi folks, just a quick question about my DAC setup. I have the DAC running to my Yamaha CR2020 and to a set of Polk M7s and using an Apple Airport Express to received the stream from my phone. The Airport Express is connected via optical cable to the DAC and the DAC is connected via RCA cables...
  2. D

Can anyone identify this speaker?

Can anyone identify this speaker? My dad bought the set at an antique shop and said they sound really good. There’s no name anywhere on them.
  3. D

Mitsubishi LT-5V problem and search for part

Hi all, Early this year I purchased a Mitsubishi LT-5v linear tracking vertical turntable. At the time the only thing wrong with it was it would not return the tone arm at the end of the record (burned out bulb in the sensor). Not long ago, I sold it to my dad and he fixed the bulb and all was...
  4. D

Onkyo 4500 Mk2 or Pioneer SX 1010

I have a lead on an Onkyo 4500 Mk2 and a Pioneer SX 1010. When it’s all said and done, either one I pick is going to run me around $200 shipped. Both are fully working. The Onkyo is a 8 1/2 out of ten, and the Pioneer is a 7. Is one better than the other, or is it subjective depending on...
  5. D

Onkyo TX-2500 MK2 worth

I have a chance to pick up an Onkyo TX-2500 MK2 for $50 if it’s not already sold. I don’t need it per se, but am I crazy to pass it up? It works but looks as if it needs to be cleaned up.
  6. D

Problem with my Mitsubishi LT-5V turntable

Having a problem with my turntable. When I bought it it worked fine other than the platter needed a little help to start spinning, and the tone arm wouldn’t return at the end of the record. Otherwise worked fine and sounded really good. Tonight I pulled the back off and replaced the belts, blew...
  7. D

Polk Monitor 10 vs Monitor 7

I’m new to the vintage audio scene so forgive any ignorance. I have a Yamaha CR-820 and paired it with a set of Monitor 7 speakers. It sounds fantastic to me. Today I received my Monitor 10b speakers and I swear they don’t sound as good! There’s nothing wrong with the speakers... they are...
  8. D

Yamaha CR-820 tuner question-FM stereo

I just bought a CR-820 that sounds fantastic. I posted in another thread about the radio pointer not matching the frequency but it’s the same on AM so I think it’s mechanical. However I’m having another tuner problem. Tonight I received my Polk Monitor 7s and they sound great. However this is...
  9. D

Yamaha CR-820 stereo cutting out

I just bought a CR-820 that sounds fantastic. I posted in another thread about the radio pointer not matching the frequency but it’s the same on AM so I think it’s mechanical. However I’m having another tuner problem. Tonight I received my Polk Monitor 7s and they sound great. However this is...
  10. D

Yamaha CR-820 tuning question and hum on phono

Hi folks! Just received my CR-820 I bought from Ebay and I couldn't be happier (well I'd be happier if it was a 2020, but this will serve my needs). It looks brand new and sounds good (I'm running it through Bose (I know...I know) 301 V speakers until by Polk 10s arrive). I have a couple of...
  11. D

Need opinions between Polk Monitor 10, Pioneer CS-G403 and Sansui 5500x

I'm building a vintage system. I wanted a CR-2020 receiver, but settled on a CR-820 that should be here this week. I also acquired a Mitsubishi LT-5V turntable, and also have the equipment coming to stream music from my phone through the system. Here's my quandary. I don't have any speakers...
  12. D

Streaming to CR2020 question

Ok, it seems that this has been talked about at length here, so I apologize for bringing it up again, but their seems to be so many ways to go I’m lost. I’m working on getting a CR2020 that I may likely pair with a set of Polk Audio M 10 speakers and a Mitsubishi LT-5V turntable. I haven’t had a...
  13. D

What's the closest to the CR2020

I posted another thread about where to begin, but I have a specific question about the Yamaha receivers. I had my mind set to buy a CR2020, but in looking around the CR-600, 620, 800, etc. are so much lower priced. All I want is a system that is clear, crisp, and will shake the room when I...
  14. D

Question for a newbie building a system based on a Yamaha CR 2020

I "think" I have a lead on a good CR 2020 that I'm going to use as my receiver to base my home stereo on. I also have a Mitsubishi LT-5V turntable on the way. So now I'm thinking speakers. My dad has a Yamaha CA-610 II paired with a large set of Pioneer floor speakers (I don't have the model...
  15. D

Chicago to Charleston WV area or close

Hi, I'm new to all this, but I'm wondering if there's anyone coming from the Chicago area to near Charleston, WV in the near future that I could trust to deliver a Yamaha receiver to me? I haven't made the deal yet, but this is part of the deciding factor. I assume that most on here that's...
  16. D

Subscribed, how long does it take to be approved?

Hi folks! Joined the other day and I like the site so I just subscribed. How long does it take to be approved? I logged out, cleared the cache and all that as suggested in another forum. Thanks! Dave
  17. D

Mitsubishi vertical LT turntables - opinions?

I posted another thread about building a vintage system around a CR-1020 or 2020. Another piece of equipment my dad used to have was a Mitsubishi vertical LT-5v (I believe). What are your opinions on these? I love the looks of them and while I won't use a turntable much, I thought it may be...
  18. D

General questions as to where to start

Hi folks, brand new to the site and enjoying it so far. Bear with me as I learn my way around. I have a few questions that I hope some of you can answer. First, In order to see user classifieds, I see that I have to be subscribed. Is that a paid subscription or something because I don't see a...
Back
Top Bottom