Search results

1. michaelj325

CS-R300 Pioneer Speaker - Dead tweets

That's them. PIONEER is on the plastic trim / surround ring. Yup zero, as in open line. I'll subscribe and post a wanted ad...
  2. michaelj325

CS-R300 Pioneer Speaker - Dead tweets

Greeting, I just picked up a physically very nice set of Pioneer cs-r300s. No veneer issues, mild pilling on otherwise clean grilles. Completely front-room worthy. Got'em pretty cheap too... because the tweeters are dead. Oh well, thought I scored. Anyway, no resistance across the...
  3. michaelj325

Electronic Engineers - Chicago. Anyone ever used them?

He's not a Mac fan, but did a damn nice job restoring mine. And that $6K amp he was making fun of was junk. I really wish I could remember the brand name...
  4. michaelj325

Just picked up the 6100 and a SX680 that my dad bought new in 1978 from Casper. Ended up spending a couple hours there. He's great. Watched him break the bad news to a customer that his $6K "high end" hand-made integrated amp (from some brand I can't remember or ever heard of, sorry) is nothing...
  5. michaelj325

I ended up at Stereo Rehab with Casper. Found out the amp had been botched by a previous "service" needs a complete restoration. Had been re-capped with all the wrong values. Casper has plenty of rave reviews, so I'm hopeful.
  6. michaelj325

Pics of your listening space

Deciding to thin out the herd of speakers, so today is "cut day"... So far, the Paradigms and second gen HPM 60s are going on CL (I just think the 1st gen HPM 40s sound a lot better...) Also, I probably need to dust more often.
  7. michaelj325

Yes. He ( c_dk ) already reached out to me. I now have options Thanks all! I find it rather telling that no one here actually has a service story about E E in Chicago...
  8. michaelj325

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Listening to Miles Davis - Bags Groove - Dual 601 / Nagaoka MP110 - Fisher X101-C - Modified Knight 2330
  9. michaelj325

Yeah, I got the vibe that reels are their thing...
  10. michaelj325

Greetings, I have a MA 6100 amp that I'd like to get checked out and possibly refurbed. The volume between inputs is inconsistent and, frankly, it just lacks the volume and punch of some of my other amps. My NAD 3020 blows it away... Anyway, It's cosmetically mint and I'd like to get it...
  11. michaelj325

Your KLHs will probably look pretty good on tulip stands... I decided today to rotate my 17s in.
  12. michaelj325

Hermosa, Near Diversey/Cicero
  13. michaelj325

Yup - chrome 901 stands. Wires run under the floor, down and back up through two small holes. House was built in 1923, one of them, behind the console, was already there... Thanks!
  14. michaelj325

Current NAD 3020 / Dual 601 / Paradigm 5se rig in the front room of my not-so-big Chicago bungalow. I rotate pieces in and out. cd, cassette, tuner and eq are in the old TV cabinet. It's an old RCA Victor that is almost perfect. Found it in the alley. Home theater is in the basement.
  15. michaelj325

Greetings

Hi all, Joined up after lurking about for a while. Mainly into vintage stuff and vinyl, rebuilding my record collection after losing about 800 records in a divorce (I got the house so...). Have a small collection of vintage systems ranging from a Fisher 101C / Dual 1019 playing through Knight...
Back
Top Bottom