Search results

1. JEM@Clem

X-202 restoration

Turns out that channel was flaking out because the Speaker On/Off switch was physically busted. My work around was just soldering it into the On position! This thing sounds great powering a set of Klipsch Heresy speakers!!
  2. JEM@Clem

X-202 restoration

I finally got some DeOxit in, and I cleaned every pot, switch, and port on the amp. After hooking it up I started it and it was really quiet, then the volume jumped rapidly. Kinda scared me, but nothing blew and it stayed at that volume. Then I noticed I was only getting sound out of the right...
  3. JEM@Clem

X-202 restoration

So I got everything hooked up and started it up. I only got sound out of the right speaker. It sounded good, but then it stopped :(
  4. JEM@Clem

X-202 restoration

I finally finished recapping my X202, and I'm itching to power it on. I have a couple questions though. First, I'm running with 2 speakers, no center. Do I need to put a resistor etween the center taps, or can I just turn the center speaker knob to OFF? Second, The speakers I have available are...
  5. JEM@Clem

X-202 restoration

Also I found an inconsistency between the parts list and the schematic. 20uf vs. 200uf Guess who bought the wrong one.
  6. JEM@Clem

X-202 restoration

I finally got parts in, and now I'm wondering how to get the cardboard off of the cap
  7. JEM@Clem

X-202 restoration

Currently I'm looking at replacing all the electrolytic caps and adding a current inrush limiter. here's my parts list: original: 50uF@3V replacement: 50uF@6V 40@500 40@600 20@250 22@350 40@450 40@450 40@400 40@450 20@300 22@350 20@250 22@350 1000@35 1000@35 50@70 50@100 one...
  8. JEM@Clem

X-202 restoration

Reading around the forum, it looks like the easiest modification I can make to help keep the tubes alive longer is putting a CL-80 current inrush limiter on the ac power supply, like Dave did in his "Gilding the X-202B" thread. When I put this in, it should go between the power switch and the...
  9. JEM@Clem

X-202 restoration

Your right gadget. Looking at the schematic 2 of the cans are common negative and one is common positive.
  10. JEM@Clem

X-202 restoration

How bad is too bad on a ceramic cap? Many of mine are cracked around the leads, but otherwise seem fine. I should probably get a cap tester at some point...
  11. JEM@Clem

X-202 restoration

Am I correct in assuming the at the can caps need to be replaced? Also, how do they work, from what I can gather all the caps in the can go to a common point, which appears to be the can casing itself, and the positive ends all go to separate terminals in the middle. What's the price difference...
  12. JEM@Clem

X-202 restoration

More dumb questions... In my parts list from the service manual I see 3 types of capacitor: Ceramic, Mylar, and Electrolytic. Do all the capacitors need replacing, or could the Ceramic caps stay?
  13. JEM@Clem

X-202 restoration

Sorry it took so long for me to get back, I had to make it through a few final exams last week :yikes:. But now pictures. She's missing a few gems and caps and even the speaker on/off switch... but the face plate looks good! There's lots of grimyness, but there is also a random switch. It...
  14. JEM@Clem

X-202 restoration

I recently acquired a Fisher X-202-b that had been my Grandfather's. It has not been stored in a dry area and needs a lot of work. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a restoration kit. I have seen a couple on Ebay and am not sure what I will need to get the thing fixed. Any advice would...
Back
Top Bottom