1. Justen

Lucinda Williams...

rocks live. That is all.
  2. Justen

Best of my threads list

. <end of list>
  3. Justen

Any NC area people Fest bound?

I've got a couple of items I need to get hauled up there if possible. I can meet you somewhere.
  4. Justen

Turntable Conundrum

And I seek some input... my turntable for years has been a Rek-o-Kut Rondine Jr, with a Pickering arm (Cardas rewire) and a Shure 97x. I've been pleased with it. I also have a Rondine Deluxe "project" and have toyed with the idea of putting a modern arm on it, when I found something I liked and...
  5. Justen

Thanks AK, for saving my A$$

As some of may have read, a week ago today I was flying home from a rather, uh, difficult vacation. If you missed the gory details they can be found here: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=240953 No where have I ever found a place on the internet quite like AK- the people I...
  6. Justen

Emergency Pony Express Needed

Okay gents, I'm broken down (blown engine) in Strattford Colorado with my two kids... it's 11:00 at night. Looking for ways to get back to NC. A ride to rent-a-car facility would be of enormous help right now. Number is 336-941-0121.
  7. Justen

Emergency Pony Express Needed

Okay gents, I'm broken down (blown engine) in Strattford Colorado with my two kids... it's 11:00 at night. Looking for ways to get back to NC. A ride to rent-a-car facility would be of enormous help right now. Number is 336-941-0121.
  8. Justen

Beyond the Beat Generation

If you're interested in in underground 60's sh*t, I offer this up. http://www.beyondthebeatgeneration.com/ Enjoy. Or don't.
  9. Justen

Nina Simone

Belts the blues. That is all.
  10. Justen

Got Gas???

No, not that kind. I'm talking about unleaded- regular, mid or high. We don't, not for miles around due to a gas run. There is something about the South that makes the locals stock up at the first hint of problem... if the forecast even mentions the chance of snow, we have no bread or milk...
  11. Justen

Vintage Toolboxes

AK certainly doesn't have a lock on people who collect strange things! Cool site though... http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146631&showall=1
  12. Justen

I was honoured

Let me say, it was truly an honour to meet so many of you -even you tentoze! From people I talk to online regularly to those who are either new or those I've simply not had much interaction with not a one of you was dissappointing... I've never met such a collection of fine individuals at one...
  13. Justen

Three Channel Stereo

This has been covered here before, but I'll be damned if I can find it. I'm looking for the wiring diagram for three channel stereo. Not a Hafler circuit, I think it is the positive of the left speaker and the negative of the right wired to a center speaker. Dates back to the late 50's, I...
  14. Justen

2000 Posts...

Well, it took exactly three years longer than VinylDavid to hit the 2K mark. I'd like to mark this event with some heartfelt, emotional remarks for such an auspicious occasion. Nah. Maybe later.
  15. Justen

Tonearm Rewiring

So I'm trying to buy tonearm wire my newly aquired ROK. Most of my previous TT wire had circular clips that had a split which would allow you to "resize" the clip to fit different size carts. My other TT (Kenwood KD-5100) has round clips that are very small and seeminglyy unadjustable. They...
  16. Justen

Rek-o-Kut w/ Pickering 190

Got lucky and picked up a lovely 1957 Rek-o-Kut 34 today- quite an impressive TT. It has a Pickering 190D cantilevered tonearm on which I installed my Shure 97x to replace the Shure Hitrack that was on it (missing stylus). I like this design; no weight on the TT, no counterbalancing...
  17. Justen

Guilty Pleasures...

It's 3:00 am, nearing dawn. There are no family members awake, no friends around, no one on AK to pass judgement on your musical taste... what do you cue up, or have a soft spot for even if it isn't "cool" and a fine example of your musical sophistication...perhaps something you don't quite want...
  18. Justen

I'm Sold...

on SACD. Leave it to me to finally discover a format that isn't going anywhere! I like vinyl...the feel of the disc, the huge artwork of the cover, the total process. The fact I can buy them for a buck or less.... OTOH I like cd's- easy to listen to, portable and once you get past the...
  19. Justen

The Great Vinyl Experiment

I may live to regret this thread, but after some mind numbing threads about cleaning vinyl and the pros and cons of Armor All & Windex I decided to put test the theories. YMMV. First of all, the fuel behind the great idea....
  20. Justen

Mac+Bulleit+Junkies=....

Spent the evening with my new (to me) MC2505, a bottle of Bulleit Bourbon and the Cowboy Junkies.... Not a bad combination....
  21. Justen

Is this place

for new folks to introduce themselves? Seems more like the AK Old Folks Home....hardly a name here I haven't seen for years on end...
  22. Justen

Raccoon that Wooger!

Without searching, do you know the origins of this phrase? Have you even heard of it? Seems to have fallen out of fashion... EDIT Please answer the poll BEFORE following luvnvinyl's post!!!!
  23. Justen

Lyrics that....

motivate you, inspire you or are thought provoking....doesn't have to be the full song, just a passage is okay... I'm serious here. The first Sonny & Cher quote or one of Sandy's crazy ass quotes and I'll open a serious can of whup ass...:nono:
  24. Justen

What Harman Owns...

So I'm going through a copy of HarmanPro, a new pro audio mag I'm getting at work and I'm stunned at everything Harman Group owns these days! Some I knew about, others not so much... JBL Crown AKG (microphones) Soundcraft (mixers) Studer (mixers) Lexicon (sound processors) dbx Harman...
  25. Justen

What is Ak to you?

Just curious....
Back
Top Bottom