Search results

1. cason

New Wall Art For Your Listening Room

Hammacher Schlemmer (don’t ask me how I got on. their mailing list) is offering a new turntable. And it plays in the vertical position. Better get yours now, I’m sure they won’t last long:biggrin:
  2. cason

Just Arrived

Brand new JBL580 speakers. Will have to wait until tomorrow, when I have some help, to get them set up. (My listening room is a bonus room over the garage)
  3. cason

Musical Fidelity M5si

Does anyone here have one or has anyone spent enough time with one to make useful comments? Thanks.
  4. cason

Terry Witt

Any news on Terry Witt, Terry’s Rubber Rollers?
  5. cason

Grumpy

Hey Grumpy, great to see you on line as an administrator. Still praying for strength and a full recovery. :thumbsup:
  6. cason

Fisher 500c

The item in question is a circa 1965 Fisher 500c FM Stereo receiver. It had the “Fisher Doc” updates done by a competent technician in 2004 and has operated perfectly since then. It has an American black walnut veneer cabinet made by Mcintoshcabinets. How much do you think it is worth?
  7. cason

Feeling Really Good

I’ll be 74 in less than a month and have been blessed (cursed)with more gear than one sensible man needs. It’s time for me to start letting go. My sister and nephew came by today on their way back to Florida after having spent a week over on Strom Thurmond Reservoir (Clark’s Hill Lake). I sent...
  8. cason

Cartridge to Headshell Coupling

Is it better to have the cartridge firmly coupled to the headshell, or to have an isolating layer, like thin cork or balsa wood, between the cartridge and headshell? I have never tried isolating the cartridge. Just thinking.
  9. cason

Tube Suppliers

I suspect this may change fairly often, but who currently is your “go to” source for tubes? Thanks in advance, Bob
  10. cason

It’s Time

It’s time, it’s November. What’s on your Christmas wish list? Mine? Speakers, JBL studio 590s, but they’re too costly, (and probably too big) so I won’t even ask. What about you?
  11. cason

Microwave Popcorn

what is your favorite microwave popcorn? I’ve been using Orville Redenbachers, but it doesn’t pop as “tender” as it used to it seems. Bob
  12. cason

CT-F 750 Tech Needed

I want to have a full restoration done on my CT-F750. It appears to be in very good condition. I replaced belts a couple of years ago. It works great— intermittently :eek: Problem is hardened rubber pinch roller. I might could remove this and send it to Terry, but at this point I’m ready...
  13. cason

The State of Rock

Ok, a little game. Name a rock song title in which one of the primary words is the name of a state. Examples: Sweet Home Alabama; Georgia Rhythm; Mainline Florida. I’ll stop there. There are still some obvious ones. Have fun. Bob
  14. cason

The Perfect Thread

OK. I had an idea. Most of y’all know the story of David Allen Coe and the perfect country song — it has to have pick-up trucks, mother and prison. So, what are the components (subjects) for the perfect thread?
  15. cason

Auto-biasing?

This is probably a very dumb question, but I’m going to ask anyway. Is there an auto-biasing modification for the 500c?
  16. cason

Serial Number Puzzler

I have a pair of Heresy II, oiled walnut, standard brown woven fabric grills, factory slanted risers and am unable to determine manufacturing date from the serial numbers. These have paper labels with consecutive serial numbers. The labels show a copyright date of 1985. The serial numbers...
  17. cason

What’s Santa Bringing You This Year?

Just two weeks away and no one started a thread, so what’s on your wishlist audiowise this year? I have it on pretty good authority that there’ll be a Rothwell Audio Headspace Head amp under my tree. What about y’all?
  18. cason

ACUTEX 315 III STR - Soundsmith?

Okay, I've plowed through the lengthy Piezo-Azden-Acutex thread and haven't found an answer. My question: Has anyone had Soundsmith install a replacement cantilever/stylus on an Acutex STR cartridge?
  19. cason

Your Low Output Moving Coils

I'd like to ask a few questions about your lomc cartridges. 1. What lomc are you currently using? 2. Do you plan to upgrade in the next year or so? If so, to what? 3. What preamp or step up transformer are you using? 4. Do you plan on upgrading it? If so, to what? Thanks for sharing.
  20. cason

Pet Peeves of the Grammatical Type

I contemplated starting this in the general audio section because I believe it has the largest readership, but figured a Mod would just move it. So, here we are. What is it about certain grammatical errors (choices?) that just "get under your skin?" I'm talking here about ones in written form...
  21. cason

45 RPM Albums

Just curious to know if those of you who play 45 rpm albums adjust ant-skate when you go from 33 to 45? Thanks Bob
  22. cason

Spin-Clean is...

For those of you who use or have used a Spin-Clean machine, do you think the effectiveness of its cleaning is better than, equal to, or poorer than hand washing? Is its main advantage the ease of cleaning or the quality of cleaning? Thanks, Bob
  23. cason

I NEED A BETTER ALLOWANCE

Just finished my first perusal of the Music Direct big book. I could spend some serious money -- mostly on music, but on some toys as well. It's sort of like this hobby's version of what the Sears toy catalog was when we were growing up. Anyone else feeling fiscally limited? Bob
  24. cason

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CARTRIDGE

Title says it all. I couldn't find a thread with this simple question. So ... what is your favorite cartridge right now, and maybe why. For me Denon DL110, because I can't afford better right now. Bob
  25. cason

Nikon USA Repair

I'm wondering if any one here can share their experience using Nikon repair services. I have a Nikkor AF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-200G ED VR lens and the vibration reduction function has begun misbehaving. I need to have it repaired, but am curious about others experiences. Thanks, Bob
Back
Top Bottom