Search results

1. barrakkuda

Barrakkuda's SX-1250 Restoration Project

Just a quick demo.
  2. barrakkuda

So I've been enjoying listening to my SX-1250 for the past couple of weeks after having completed its electronic restoration. Here's what I've done since my last update. The next board I did was the Control Amp Assembly AWG-041, big one but uneventful, only several caps and transistors got...
  3. barrakkuda

Short update. I'm done with the Filter Amp Assembly AWM-089. I reused the repaired original board and not the new PCB I created because if the original is still good after repairing it, why change it, right? But it was a good opportunity to get that board recreated in case anyone needs one...
  4. barrakkuda

Hello @Mr.Heatsink, I desolder the whole post without unwrapping the wires, making sure that the solder is melted enough so there's less risk of lifting the though-hole pads.
  5. barrakkuda

Happy New Year, everyone! I took a break during the holidays and have just returned to working on this project. So far, since my last update, I've restored the Tuner Assembly AWE-068, which turned out well (see the pictures below). I plan to attempt the tuner alignment later on. However, after...
  6. barrakkuda

Great news: the issue with the left channel, which was intermittently cutting in and out, seems to have been resolved. Contrary to my initial suspicion, the problem wasn't caused by the volume control. Instead, it was due to a cold solder joint in the Control Amp Assembly AWG-041 and likely a...
  7. barrakkuda

So the new Stabilizer and Protection boards, from delta9electronics, arrived. They look good and came with clear instructions, and supposedly work better that the original boards. So far I've only installed the new Stabilizer board (AWR-106), the old original one was in really bad shape, as you...
  8. barrakkuda

Hacked up Pioneer SA-9100 restoration

The PCBs I did were for the Pioneer SX-1250 receiver. So far I've done the AWG-042 Flat Amp board and the AWR-106 Power Supply board, which cost less than $70 each to have printed. The minimum quantity per order was 5 pieces for each board, so 5 pieces for less than $70, shipped. Check out my...
  9. barrakkuda

Hacked up Pioneer SA-9100 restoration

Hello @SansuiSushi, I noticed that some of the boards in your pictures appear to be in a similar condition to those in my SX-1250, which I'm currently in the process of restoring. Instead of attempting repairs, I opted to replace them entirely with new PCBs. Recreating them in KiCad and having...
  10. barrakkuda

I was able to open the volume control (ACV-169), the faulty one that came with the receiver. I used a Dremel with a small cutoff wheel to grind off the metal holding down the plastic disc, the one you can see in the picture above. Then, I used straight and pointy electronic tweezers, inserting...
  11. barrakkuda

Pioneer SX-5590 (1250) Volume Pot / Shaft

@riperice did you get the volume control apart? I'm trying to open one up and don't want to mess it up. It would be really helpful to know how you opened it up if you did! Thanks
  12. barrakkuda

So before doing the Power Supply Board (AWR-107) I had the left channel go out a couple times, and noticed that the volume control seems to affect it, When I raise the volume quickly sometimes it comes back, I'm not sure if it's a mechanical issue with the variable resistor on it or some...
  13. barrakkuda

Time for an update. So I thought it was surprising that after I did the Flat Amp board AWG-042 there was no improvements on the right channel. I don't have much experience with this, but I thought this board surely was causing the issues. Anyways I continued with the Protection Circuit Assembly...
  14. barrakkuda

That keyboard looking thing in a couple of the pictures is a Commodore 64, from my small collection of retro computers and gaming consoles.
  15. barrakkuda

Today I received the replacement volume control and it tested good so I soldered it to the flat amp board and put the board back in the receiver. The good news is that the receiver still works, bad news is that issue with the right channel is still there. I tested with and without the DBT and...
  16. barrakkuda

Here's the new board, almost fully populated with components from the flat amp board restore kit, along with any items that are not being replaced. There's something worth noting about the two FETs on Q5/Q6: the service manual specifies 2SK30, but I found 2SK34's on the original (damaged) board...
  17. barrakkuda

Today, I received the new AWG-042 Flat Amp board PCB, which I had manufactured through PCBWay. In my opinion, it looks good. The minimum order quantity was 5 boards, so I'll have 4 extras available for anyone who might need one. I'll list them on eBay. I've thoroughly inspected this new board...
  18. barrakkuda

Here's what I've been up to. I've recreated the Flat Amp Board PCB (AWG-042) using KiCad software. I've replicated the original design with the same track shapes and symbols, but I've added component numbers. I'm planning to get some of these made through an online prototyping service. Hopefully...
  19. barrakkuda

More pics...
  20. barrakkuda

Greetings everyone. I'm starting a restoration project of my Pioneer SX-1250. I have some experience restoring retro computers and video game consoles but not vintage audio equipment, so I thought I document my journey here in hopes of getting advice from this great AK community. I'm pretty...
  21. barrakkuda

Power supply for NAD PP2????

Were you able to find a replacement power supply? If so, where? I need one for my NAD PP 2i. Thanks
Back
Top Bottom