Search results

1. G

LMS, Sonos, and related streaming systems

ipeng for ios, its pretty nice
  2. G

LMS, Sonos, and related streaming systems

I'm currently running daphile on a cheap(ish) nuc as a player off of usb drive with LMS running on a single board computer (odroid) and it works perfectly
  3. G

Daphile....nice!

Also using Daphile installed on a tiny usb drive plugged into the back of my Intel NUC. I decided to run it off the usb drive to not have to go through the trouble of reformatting the hard drive and it's been perfectly fine. Boots up incredibly quick and also shuts down just as fast. Using...
  4. G

Plex Quality Help

Yeah I mean they say flac but I would like someone to listen to them and tell me how they sound to them. Plex is great man, just make a free account and I can share my library with you.
  5. G

Plex Quality Help

I recently started using Plex for music besides just video. I have a small collection of what I think are .flac files. The file names say they are but how do I know they really are high res? My ears aren't trained to really hear the difference and I was wondering if anyone who knows more about...
  6. G

Does this connection make sense?

Well I'm currently using Spotify premium for streaming, I know it's not the highest quality but it sounds good and then I also have a few flac files on my fiio x1 that I also connect to the receiver
  7. G

OK that all makes sense, so if I picked up let's say a Schiit Modi 2 and did the same set up I would get much better Sq that way over this? I've been thinking about a schiit stack but would I also need the Magni headphone amp?
  8. G

Oh OK well I guess then there will be a difference in sound quality and the connection does make sense, thanks for your help!
  9. G

I do know that when I connect the dac to the computer I select the USB dac as the audio output. As far as whether or not the receiver has a dac I'm not sure. The model is Sony STRDH130. Thanks for your help.
  10. G

OK I kinda follow but am I bypassing the internal dac of the computer or the receiver?
  11. G

I was just wondering if this made any sense or it's pointless. I picked up a stereo receiver specifically for some speakers I also picked up. I'm using a chromebook as my source and put a portable USB dac between receiver and chromebook. Does that make sense? Is it doing anything for sound...
  12. G

First Budget Bedroom Set up

Thanks man! I appreciate the comment.
  13. G

I appreciate your comment, it's so true. The only thing I want to pick up now is a nice small media cabinet of sorts so I can get rid of the boxes.
  14. G

thank you so much
  15. G

it really does, I don't know much about audio equipment but it sounds great to me
  16. G

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
  17. G

Hahaha I love that dude, his music is great!
  18. G

Hi everyone! I just joined AK and I figured I'd make my first post about my very first bedroom set up. I've been lurking around various audiophile/enthusiasts sites for a while now and have been very interested in picking up a nice, cheap, audio set up. Over the holidays I decided to treat...
Back
Top Bottom