Search results

1. Ryan Scruggs

Marantz SD 9000 Compudeck Problem

@paul_ral I've acquired a voltmeter! How do I know which pin is which? I've tested all five pins of P509 on the PK21 board, and none of them read 12V. If I do the same thing to the connector, I get varying voltages: purple wire: 18.36V, blue/white wire: 10.38V, purple/white wire: 18.55V...
  2. Ryan Scruggs

Problem with ADC Sound Shaper One Ten Mk. II

I've actually done that to the sliders on more than one occasion to try and bring this unit back to life. Thanks for the input, though!
  3. Ryan Scruggs

@Morrocotudo Also, I saw your question about the symptoms of bad optocouplers on the other post that I made. The optocouplers simply tell the tape deck whether or not both reels on the tape are still spinning. Obviously, when you reach the end of a tape, the reels stop spinning, and the...
  4. Ryan Scruggs

@cademan So, I re-soldered each connection on the board to no avail >.< Although, I have realized where the real problem lies! You were somewhat prophetic in suggesting to check the RCA interconnects. I'm not quite sure what exactly is the problem with the RCA interconnects, but the left...
  5. Ryan Scruggs

@Morrocotudo I bought the optocouplers for my machine here, but they required some modifications in order to fit into the machine properly. Following this tutorial gave me all of the information that I needed to replace the optocouplers successfully, so I would give it a look if you haven't...
  6. Ryan Scruggs

I like to think I'm alright at soldering things! I'll give that a try and get back to ya. Thanks again for the help! This thing hasn't worked for years!
  7. Ryan Scruggs

@cademan I've jumped the red and white wires, and you were right! The problem persists. What do you recommend as my next plan of action? I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to spot a bad/loose solder joint.
  8. Ryan Scruggs

Also, I'm not sure which schematic you need, so here are all of the ones in the manual I have: @paul_ral
  9. Ryan Scruggs

Alright, I'll definitely be looking into these issues. I can also provide pictures of the front of the equalizer (where the sliders are) if you think that would help us discern where the problem(s) is/are. Thanks so much for your help!
  10. Ryan Scruggs

Wow, I'm not sure how I am just now seeing these. Sorry for bothering you on TWO threads! I will check on these things and get back to you. I will need to buy a voltmeter, but once I do that, I will get back to you! Thanks again for your help with all this! Also, is the microswitch the switch...
  11. Ryan Scruggs

Marantz SD 9000 Compudeck PK21 Board Question

I just didn't want to make the assumption that the resistors were in series. I'm relatively new to the electronics repair world, and I wanted to make sure I didn't ruin anything beyond repair. So, you think I should go ahead and solder the other lead of R516 to the left handed R517? Again...
  12. Ryan Scruggs

Here's a closer, higher quality picture of the switch:
  13. Ryan Scruggs

Here's a closeup of the power switch: And here's a general view of the board: Thanks for your help!
  14. Ryan Scruggs

In other words, it almost looks, from my pictures of the original board, that the second lead of R516 connects to the left-hand lead of R517
  15. Ryan Scruggs

Thanks for your input, and I'll look into that! I've kind of ruled out a loose or intermittent solder joint solely based on the fact that nothing is changed when I manipulate the unit in any way. No amount of shaking or tapping makes the sound come back in the left channel. Also, what would you...
  16. Ryan Scruggs

You see how the R516 resistor has that jumper wire connected to one of the leads? That's how the old one was when I de-soldered it, so I saved it to use on the new R516 resistor. I have the jumper wire and one of the resistor's leads in the right place. I just can't seem to figure out where the...
  17. Ryan Scruggs

Hi, all! As you've probably guessed, I'm having a problem with my ADC Sound Shaper One Ten Mk. II. As of a few days ago, I had replaced five capacitors on the unit, and I thought that fixed my issue, but, alas, it is still giving me problems. When you turn the equalizer on, everything seems to...
  18. Ryan Scruggs

PROBLEM with Marantz SD 9000 Compudeck PK21 Board

Hi, all! I have previously posted about some issues I have been having with my Marantz SD 9000. I have replaced the notoriously bad optocouplers, and all belts and idler tires. What I neglected to notice were the burnt out resistors on the PK21 board of the machine. I purchased and replaced...
  19. Ryan Scruggs

I know, these things surely are beasts to try to fix! Sadly, though, I cannot see the resistor on your machine that's analogous to the R516 resistor on mine. I'm not entirely familiar with the similarities and differences between the 8020 and 9000 models. Does your machine have an R516 resistor?
  20. Ryan Scruggs

Hi, all! I have previously posted about some issues I have been having with my Marantz SD 9000. I have replaced the notoriously bad optocouplers, and all belts and idler tires. What I neglected to notice were the burnt out resistors on the PK21 board of the machine. I purchased and replaced...
  21. Ryan Scruggs

I figured out what the problem was: burnt out resistors on the PK21 board. That being said, I am now having problems determining where the last resistor is supposed to be inserted into the PK21 board. The resistor in question is R516, shown here: I have successfully replaced the other burnt...
  22. Ryan Scruggs

Stylus Compatibility: Technics SL-QD22

Just to clarify before I spring for the Shure stylus upgrade: Even though LP Gear lists the Shure stylus as "Shure Improved stylus for Shure N-99E N99E stylus" (https://www.lpgear.com/product/SHN099EOR.html), it will work with my M99E cartridge, right? Sorry to bother with all of this back and...
  23. Ryan Scruggs

I am using a Pioneer SA 7700 integrated amplifier and a pair of Technics SB-CR33 speakers. Although this equipment may not be ideal for higher quality styli, I do intend to upgrade my hi-fi as time goes, especially in the speaker realm. With that being said, I would like to purchase a cartridge...
  24. Ryan Scruggs

After taking bits and pieces of advice from everyone who so graciously replied to this thread, I have kind of narrowed my preference to the Ortofon 320 cartridge (https://www.lpgear.com/product/ORSER320.html). I'm assuming the higher price point of the cartridge/stylus is a result of its better...
  25. Ryan Scruggs

Thanks for those! In the event that I want to replace the cartridge as well, will I run into any problems with turntable compatibility? Obviously, I wouldn't purchase anything meant for DJs or for mono playback, but I don't want to purchase something that will just simply not work with my...
Back
Top Bottom