Search results

1. J

One sub for HT receiver and 2-ch stereo receiver

Thanks. Yea I think the high-pass crossover is fixed at 80hz.
  2. J

Thanks! Yes I think I’m good there, it’s an SVS SB-1000 (not the Pro model).
  3. J

Thanks!! I’ll have to play with the low pass filter and see if the Denon AVR-S530BT is affected. I appreciate your help!
  4. J

Stylus ID help—Shure

I got it fixed up and working—thanks again. I like this one better than the V15-RS, so I’m very happy!
  5. J

Hi, I have a single subwoofer with RCA/LFE input and speaker level connections. I have a vintage Pioneer SA-9500 2-channel amp for playing music, and a newer Denon HT receiver for movies (5.1 setup). I would like to run the same/single subwoofer in both setups (not simultaneously obviously). Can...
  6. J

Stylus ID help—Shure

Thanks! Yes I see the issue now, ugh. I will try to fix that, thanks again for your help!
  7. J

Stylus ID help—Shure

Hoping I can trouble you for one more Shure question. I got this other old Shure cartridge with this TT purchase—it’s an M91e with a Hi-Track stylus. I mounted it on this generic Technics-style headshell, but the angle in which it sits is not right (see pic). Is this cartridge designed for a...
  8. J

Stylus ID help—Shure

That was easy—I’d never have figured out that those caps come off. I cleaned out the old grease and added a dab of CRC dialectic grease. Now works just likeyour “after” demo shows. Thanks again!
  9. J

Stylus ID help—Shure

Thank you!!! Wow that’s great—I’m going to do this now.
  10. J

Stylus ID help—Shure

Mine is definitely dropping too fast. Thanks for that demo. So, how do you accomplish the re-lubing, is there a little port in there somewhere, or do you just dab it onto the hinges?
  11. J

Stylus ID help—Shure

Thanks to you both! I increased it to 1.5g, sounds great. I dabbed some wd40 on a qtip on the hinges of the stabilizer brush, which helped it drop a little quicker (yea, probably not the best substance to use).
  12. J

Stylus ID help—Shure

I’m running it at a little over 1g tracking force. I hope that’s not too much—it seems to be riding pretty low, but maybe the suspension is just worn out?
  13. J

Stylus ID help—Shure

Thank you, that is very helpful!
  14. J

Stylus ID help—Shure

So, when you say you like this cartridge for listening to hot jazz mixes, does that mean this cartridge works well for that application because it’s a bit lower output?
  15. J

Stylus ID help—Shure

Yep, sl-1200mk2. Thanks for the info—glad to hear it’s a good match.
  16. J

Stylus ID help—Shure

Thanks!! Good to hear that it might be a keeper.
  17. J

Stylus ID help—Shure

Thanks to you both! Well, I have this, an Audio Technics AT13EA, and a Shure M91E (which needs a stylus). I guess there’s probably not a big quality difference between these three.
  18. J

Stylus ID help—Shure

Hi, I recently got this Shure V15 RS cartridge and some kind of Shure stylus in a used TT purchase. It sounds good to me, but I’d like to know what the stylus is and maybe any advice you have about the cartridge (do I need to consider tonearm mass, capacitance, etc). Thank you in advance!
  19. J

anyone else running vintage Empire carts?

@ig88, thanks! Which one is the "300 ME equivalent"?
  20. J

@wualta, thank you! I guess my $50 limit is a soft limit :). If there is something a bit above $50 that is better replacement, I'd consider that as well.
  21. J

@1tumbleweed, thank you for the information and the recommendations! I will look into the first one above (the second one appears to be out of stock). I appreciate your help!
  22. J

Hi, I've been searching this thread, lots of good information--I'm still working my way through it. I have an RM50 cartridge w/ broken original stylus, and am trying to decide on a replacement stylus. I started with a Pfanstiehl 4241-D7, but it must have been defective, because it was really low...
  23. J

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

I didn't really do anything special in Audacity other than adjust the recording level up a little to get the levels to kiss -6dB on the meter. I didn't think about hooking it up to the speaker outputs, I guess I should try that too :-). Thanks for listening!
  24. J

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

Just did the Kab flex tonearm rewire kit (pretty easy job really, esp. with the wires precut and tinned). My abused ears can't tell much difference, but I'm still glad I did it. Here are before and after wav files I did using my MK5, Audacity, and a cheap RCA-to-USB device, from the Pre-Outs of...
  25. J

SA-9500 phono 2 gain question

Hi, Wondering if anyone knows whether the SA-9500 Phono 2 stage, when Impedance dial set to 50 ohms and Level all the way up (0db) is going to be the same basic settings as the Phono 1 stage? I have been driving myself crazy switching back and forth trying to discern a difference (what else is...
Back
Top Bottom