Search results

1. M

NEC AUK-5000E - No FF/Rew, loose part

Thanks - indeed, I have also found a spring. I forgot to attach a picture if it, but I mention it in my post. If I read your comment correctly, you agree with the position I assume this contraption came from (ref. pic "testfit2.jpg") I'll try to find an e-clip that fits and try. Otherwise, it...
  2. M

NEC AUK-5000E - No FF/Rew, loose part

Hello all and happy new year!! I'm working on this deck, which I picked at the flea market. The "Play" button works ok, but the FF/Rew functions do not. In the case I found a spring, a metal washer(?), and a plastic pulley or reel. The metal washer and the plastic pulley seem to fit quite well...
  3. M

Restoration of a vintage JVC VR-5535X - Questions

Hello! I'm about to finish the repair/ restoration of this radio amplifier. I bought it in a bad shape and spent several hours to bring it back to life. I have replaced most electrolytics, and all bipolar transistors, after measuring and testing most components. Apart from the very dirty...
  4. M

Help to rank my turntables :)

Hello all and merry Christmas! Over the past 3-4 years I have acquired and restored a few turntables, some I gave away, but I also kept a few. Now I’m trying to figure out as much as possible for each of them, and somehow rank them. Here’s the list, with some comments. 1. AKAI AP-B21: This is...
  5. M

Has anyone ever heard of Orphic?

Hi there! I'm also trying to find details about this brand/ company. I live in Greece and I'm currently working on restoring an Orphic radio amplifier. Actually, this is the second time I'm working on an Orphic. What is strange, is that the two models are totally different, but they have the...
  6. M

Replacing the woofer driver in my Technics SB-F88 speakers

Thanks for the answers! The Nokia woofer sounds good. The other (a brand I have never seen anywhere: "SIMSONIK") is not so great. I guess the question really is: Assuming I can find an identical Nokia woofer, do I use it? Or is it better to buy to new, modern drivers? It gets down to vintage...
  7. M

Do you mean that the Nokia drivers were made by Panasonic? I'll check your advice. The reason I started the thread, is that I have already found a seller in Greece with a good stock of Nokia drivers...for example, this one seems to be quite close to the specs of mine: Nokia Hi-Fi Woofer LPT...
  8. M

Hello, I acquired this set of speakers from the flea market. When I got home, I realised that the original woofer drives were replaced in both speakers, so now I want to fix this. The thing is, that one of the woofers is from Nokia, and from what I understand, they are considered to be good - at...
  9. M

AIWA AD-L300u

Hello and happy new year to all! I have bought this model at a flea market. It needs some attention, but it is operational. @Jonesy09 is it possible to share the manual you mention on post #4? thank you very much in advance!
  10. M

Help Needed: Vintage JVC System identification

Sure, I will post here as soon as I start working on this system.
  11. M

ok, interesting....good to know! thanks. I am not sure we had department stores in Greece in the early 70's (or we may had one), but I seriously doubt that this system was bought here. Most likely somebody who was living abroad brought it here from some other country. I'll keep searching, this...
  12. M

thanks! How can you tell that this is a department store item? is it something you know by experience, or is there any other sign? The unit also seems to have a European or non-US power cord, although I can't tell if it is the original one or not.
  13. M

Is there any site with old product catalogs? I suppose this might help my search...
  14. M

Nivico is another name for JVC as far as I was able to find out. Still, they had many models so I still need the model number...Thanks for the reply though...every little helps!!! :)
  15. M

Thanks, I am working on adifferent system these days (Sanyo G-2601KCA in case anybody is interested) but I hope to start on the JVC shortly. I will check the transistors. About the old electrolytics, typically I change them all even if they do not leak.
  16. M

Indeed. I bought this at the flea market for 20 Euros just to see if it works, fix it and sell it. When I went home and powered it up, I just fell in love with it and I was also surprised to find out that it works! So now I just want to "polish" it a little and make sure everything is...
  17. M

Hi, it just mentions the operating voltage and fuse ratings
  18. M

New Workbench - looking for best practices/ideas

Hello. pure beginner here, so please take my view with a grain of salt! :) I would install these wall mounts that can accept selves in verious positions, so you can move it up and down based on your needs, rather than have them in a fixed location. It may end up being a little more expensive...
  19. M

Hello! I have bought an old JVC system (pictures attached) but after I got it home I realised that there's no information about the model! The system works but I have not yet run a full test on it. Judging from the white mesh on it's right back side, I may not be the first one who is trying to...
  20. M

New member - Restoration projects

:) Glad to be here! Thanks for the warm welcome...
  21. M

New member - Restoration projects

Hi there! I'm a new member trying to build up my knowledge and skills in old equipment repair and restoration. I live in Athens, Greece, and I would love to meet other fellows both on the forum, and f2f. I have studied electronics, but never really got into working on the subject. Instead, I...
Back
Top Bottom