Search results

1. Dustyballz

qsc 3800 paired with Dayton audio ultimax 18?

I looked at the manual, David is right about the two ohm load. 4 ohm bridged it is. Now, are my klipsch choruses going to keep up. I have some time to figure things out, I just ordered the ultimax kit yesterday and parts express is behind on shipping. I'm glad to hear it should be adequate for...
  2. Dustyballz

It has not. There is a tech nearby. It came with a 6 p.a. speakers and was only 200$, so it was hard to pass up. I plan to test it out with the p.a.gear to see if it has any issues. Once Ihave it in working order, do you think it will adequately power the ultimax 18. I believe it says in the...
  3. Dustyballz

Will a qsc 3800 adequately power a Dayton audio ultimax 18 kit?
  4. Dustyballz

Clipping from a pre amp?

Thanks, house de kris that about sums it up.
  5. Dustyballz

Clipping from a pre amp?

The question was theoretical. Now i have thought enough to remember what had made me think about this to begin with, i have a preamp with an eq and digital meters on it when i run my phone into this preamp i try not to ever let the digital gauges max out. This is because i wonder if a clipped...
  6. Dustyballz

Clipping from a pre amp?

Woo dj i think you misunderstood the question.
  7. Dustyballz

Clipping from a pre amp?

Can a pre amp send a clipped signal to an amp then said clipped signal is amplified resulting in damaged speakers? Or are they desinged with enough headroom at near or close to full volume that this is not a problem. If so can i use a smaller amp as a pre amp thus having nearly unlimited...
  8. Dustyballz

Flipped a woofer fixed the speaker cs99a's

About four years ago i picked up a pair of cs99a's at a local yard sale for 60$. That started a search for an amp large enough to make them sing. First came a sixty watt technics that wasnt large enough. Then came a 150 watt onkyo which sounded great. I was blasting tunes for months until one...
  9. Dustyballz

vintage yamaha ca-2010 -or- marantz PM6006

I just recieved my ca 2010 from my repair shop today. Before the repair i had it hooked up to yamaha ns-8's and had thought that it sounded underpowered for its 120 watt rating. Today i hooked it up to my klipsch chorus I's and like it much more. Most likely this is due to the fact that the...
  10. Dustyballz

Using dq10's as satellites with miller@kreisel v-75.

He in the past was telling me about some of the best speakers he had heard and described some large square speakers he was calling bozaks. After coming to my house one day he saw the dq10's and realized that they were the speakers from his memories. Can any of you reccomend an active crossover...
  11. Dustyballz

My new plan is to run this on a seperate system for my dad. So they wont have to try and play with the klipsch. I still want to use all of this systems potential.
  12. Dustyballz

So i hook my pre amp to the active crossover run the crossover to the pl 400 and run the sub off the rca on the pre as usual and this will increase my headroom?
  13. Dustyballz

Value for yamaha cr2010

No origional paperwork. It looks to be mint oem. The one problem is one channel is sometimes weak and can be fixed by messing with the muting switch. I think this can be fixed with deoxit. I just keep forgettig to pick some up when i make the trip to town. I also have a tuner with it.
  14. Dustyballz

Value for yamaha cr2010

Just bought one and wonder the value. I meant a ca2010
  15. Dustyballz

Any Rammstein fans here audiokarma land?

Have you read any of the lyrics, give that a go. Some are a little strange to say the least. I have only read the first album they may have changed. Or watch some of the early concert footage also offputting. In my younger years around 14 i was reading the first album on a school computer and a...
  16. Dustyballz

How bad is pandora?

I like pandora alot. I use it to find music and enjoy reading the artist bios. I posted this mostly so i could hear others oppinions and hear other options, which has worked great. Thanks everybody.
  17. Dustyballz

How bad is pandora?

How bad is it? I would like to hear the long and short replies.
  18. Dustyballz

Jvc jrs-501 160 watts why does it get no respect.

Well for my extended reply about my friend getting a pioneer sx 1980 in trade for a one of the lower levels of marantz it goes sort of like this. There is a hotel in trail oregon which at one time was one of the two hotels that you could stay at when traveling between medford oregon and crater...
  19. Dustyballz

Lindsey Stirling & her violin.... I've always liked her and her work

I like her. She does dance around like a elf, i guess that is o.k..
  20. Dustyballz

I will admit i am partial to them partly because my dad has owned a jrs-600 my whole life. He said he tried everything in the store he could afford and walked away with the jvc amd a pair of b.i.c. venturis thinking they sounded the best. I was nice enough to blow up the venturis for him about...
  21. Dustyballz

They are not that ugly. I think aside from the plastic side panels they are comely, not homely. But, to each their own.
  22. Dustyballz

I have a jvc jrs-501 that i bought for 35$ delivered to the best western that i was staying in eugene or. Then i spent another 120$ having it fixed at mgs in shady cove oregon. Now for the whopping sum of 155$ i have an amp that produced 163 watts before clipping, rated 120. What i dont...
  23. Dustyballz

I have dahlquist dq10's powered by a phase linear 400. Will hooking them up as satellites on my miller@kreisel v-75 sub with an 80hertz high pass filter significantly lowerer their power demands.?As they are now running directly off of the phase linear and seem to use all of its power before...
  24. Dustyballz

Dynaco st400 vs phaselinear 400 pros and cons

I looked up the miller@kreisel sub and the high pass filter is at 80hertz. If ran the way i posted above using the dq10's as satelites will this significantly lower their power demands?
  25. Dustyballz

Dynaco st400 vs phaselinear 400 pros and cons

I plan to do the white oak mods when $ allows. I think oak tree has simular mods for the dynaco?
Back
Top Bottom