Search results

1. Silentnet

What the most useless/unreliable piece of Hi-Fi you have ever owned?

I have a couple DDC (digital to digital converters / bridges). Apart from effectively adding inputs to whatever DAC I connect them to - which I've never really needed - to my ears at least they do nothing. Some swear that reclocking, ground isolation and all that make a huge difference in their...
  2. Silentnet

Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL in Warren, MI (Detroit area)

https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/ele/d/warren-polk-sda-srs-12tl/7674374486.html No affiliation, just saw these on local CL and had never seen a pair for sale before. Outside my current budget and I couldn't move them anyway... But if you have a great need for 300+ lbs of speakers, well, go...
  3. Silentnet

Picture from your listening spot right now!

I think that may be the biggest lava lamp I've ever seen... Like I did a double take and was still confused for a second. :)
  4. Silentnet

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

MXMS - Gravedigger Remixes. Tidal on PC, MiniDSP DDRC24, SUMO Andromeda, Wharfedale SP88s. God do I miss my Martin Logans, but these are more than enough for this apartment. Really need to get some wall art or something - we've only been here a week and I'm already nesting...
  5. Silentnet

Let's see your cans!

I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow - two years of moving around the county somewhat regularly have left me with a much reduced two channel setup and a bunch of headphone stuff. Recently sold the Audio Technica ATH-R70x and Denon AH-D7200, but just off the top of my head I've still got, in...
  6. Silentnet

The Non-Klipsch Horns

Speak for yourself - my dream setup is a pair of Martin Logan CLXs and bass towers! :) Not all women are averse to big speakers. (That said, my fiancee doesn't get it - she thinks the Wharfedales are "silly" and never saw the reQuests...)
  7. Silentnet

Anyone sell their CD player and CDs???

I left mine in Arizona with my ex, so sort of?
  8. Silentnet

Picture from your listening spot right now!

Just moved in about a week ago, the side table TV stand / entertainment center is (very) temporary. Just got the Wharfedale Sapphire SP-88s today, and at $80 for the pair I have no complaints... Other than that I desperately miss my reQuests and still regret having to leave them in Arizona...
  9. Silentnet

Headphone recommendations

There was supposed to be but it didn't work. Let's try again. Dekoni Audio Platinum Protein Leather Earpads for AKG K701, K701, K518, and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079SGT9G2/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_htEJEb2XH2Q75
  10. Silentnet

Can anyone tell me what I have?

"Black plastic cr*p"
  11. Silentnet

Getting bored again

Thinking about electrostats? Stop thinking start doing!
  12. Silentnet

Sumo + Marantz

I believe the Marantz's "Recorder" output run to the Sumo's input should work. That /should/ give you volume control? Not 100% sure on that. Unfortunately the Marantz is an integrated amp with no dedicated pre-out.
  13. Silentnet

Buy essentials during COVID-19 or spend $7k on this amp?

I mean, I bought a bigger TV with the thought that I'd probably be stuck inside in the near future, so...
  14. Silentnet

Garage receiver?

That is what I meant, yes.
  15. Silentnet

Garage receiver?

Find a Nakamichi TR series, throw everything else away if you're lucky...?
  16. Silentnet

Ok, Does this Dynaco MK 3 work with Wilson Audio Watt 3 / Puppy 2 ?

Yes, and a tubed pre is totally appropriate in this case, but they either need to go SS power amp or have a $3k+ used tube amp budget, and considerable patience.
  17. Silentnet

Ok, Does this Dynaco MK 3 work with Wilson Audio Watt 3 / Puppy 2 ?

Get a real amp. SETs won't touch your speakers. I'm talking 300+ WPC under 4 ohms. Your speakers have an electrostat-like inpedence curve; almost no one running electrostats bother with tubes. You like tube sound? Cool sorry bro. Hope you can find a really strong SS amp with a similar sound...
  18. Silentnet

Eh.
  19. Silentnet

South Carolina?

Agreed
  20. Silentnet

Martin Logan reQuests, Emotiva PT-100, Nakamichi PA-7AII

Update: had the Nakamichi for a while, just hadn't updated the thread. Replaced the 55B6P with a 65B9P OLED.
  21. Silentnet

Strongly recommend you try some of these (occasionally on sale for $30-40, I think I got mine via Amazon?) when it's time for new pads. I have Q701s, slightly different damping and sound signature, but these pads made a massive difference.
  22. Silentnet

Something I personally have to be reminded of from time to time, and was recently: not everyone notices what we do, or cares when they do. Perfect example: my best friend is a very technical, brilliant guy. I've known him for almost 30 years (and we're both in our mid 30s), he went in to...
  23. Silentnet

Pros and Cons of separate Pre-Amps and Power amps?

The Emotiva PT-100 I'm using is kind of like that. It's a preamp, tuner, and DAC in one box. Basically a receiver minus the power amp.
Back
Top Bottom