Search results

1. Silentnet

Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL in Warren, MI (Detroit area)

https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/ele/d/warren-polk-sda-srs-12tl/7674374486.html No affiliation, just saw these on local CL and had never seen a pair for sale before. Outside my current budget and I couldn't move them anyway... But if you have a great need for 300+ lbs of speakers, well, go...
  2. Silentnet

Trying to find a song / band (screamo / punk / rock)

Long-shot. Been looking for this on and off for years. Band kind of like Thrice, Chevelle, something like that. The song is about jumping from a high cliff, everyone who has done it appears calm / tranquil from above, "that can't be blood in the water" etc. Ideas?
  3. Silentnet

Old car dead - new year, new car!

I /was/ driving a hand me down 06 Volvo V70 with about a quarter million miles for the last three years or so, then a couple weeks ago there was a big pump sitting in the middle of an intersection at night. By the time I saw the thing it was too late to stop, and I couldn't get sound it with the...
  4. Silentnet

12k seems... A bit steep. (Infinity 4.5, VTL 300 amps, Lynn table, etc.)

Not saying they're crazy, but if I were asking that kind of money I would have taken vastly better pictures and dusted first, bare minimum. Gear looks like it's been sitting in a high humidity environment (storage, maybe) for years. Just curious about opinions, no affiliation. Kinda want that...
  5. Silentnet

And here I thought my room was small...

Turns out placement could be far worse! (Picture stolen from Audiogon, no affiliation)
  6. Silentnet

Sharing my disappointment - the HPM-100s that weren't.

Saw a pair locally for $150, kinda rough but not terrible. Claimed working condition.Text the guy, ad has been up for an hour. Already gone. Really need a win, lately. Thought these might have been it. No such luck.
  7. Silentnet

Martin Logan reQuests, $1000 (Chicago, IL) - no affiliation

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis9f9i1-martin-logan-request-full-range Saw on Audiogon, looks like they're at a shop so no Craigslist nonsense to deal with. They say 5/10 but I'd say 7 or 8 / 10 from pictures? If you go to buy demo first of course. Going rate on these is easily $1500 and...
  8. Silentnet

Chromecast Audio, Topping D50, JBL 305P MKII powered monitors - too quiet!

As the title states, got a Chromecast Audio hooked up via an Audioquest mini to standard SPDIF adapter and Pangea optical cable to a Topping D50 DAC, with RCAs to the JBL 305P powered monitors using 1/4" TS to RCA adapters. Even with the JBL, D50, and Chromecast volume maxed I get like.... 1/3...
  9. Silentnet

Stage Right by Monoprice 6.5" Powered Coaxial Studio Multimedia Monitor Speakers, a.k.a.: LOUD CUBES

Stage Right by Monoprice Powered Coaxial Studio Multimedia Monitor Speakers. Say that five times fast, huh? I'll be referring to them as "SRs" going forward, for obvious reasons. Got these for $100 shipped during a recent sale, so they'll likely be showing up "cheap" on Ebay/Craigslist in...
  10. Silentnet

For those who believe incoming power quality has a huge impact on sound quality: convince me.

I am here to be convinced, but would prefer things stay civil. I recently thought something to the effect of "no harm in trying" and bought a cheap power conditioner. It's a MonsterPower HTS 3500. Claims to have various filters for "digital" "av" and "audio" components. Opening reveals many...
  11. Silentnet

Am I the only one who can't stand Paul McGowan?

Any time PS Audio comes up I find myself unable to contribute to the discussion because, put bluntly, I can't stand Paul McGowan. The guy presents his (frequently quite dubious) opinions as fact, misleading those new to the hobby. His YouTube videos are mostly him listening to himself talk...
  12. Silentnet

Longshot, but... Martin Logan CLS, Boca Raton FL to Charleston SC

There's a pair for sale for $650 on US Audiomart that look to be in really good shape, but a 16 hour round trip is too far even at that price. Just wondering if anyone happens to be going that way regularly already. Obviously I would be happy to meet out at I-95 if you aren't planning to head...
  13. Silentnet

Open Baffle fans - have you tried electrostats / planar magnetic speakers? And vice-versa.

As the title states. Curious how many OB aficionados out there have experience with planar speakers (electrostats or Magnepans/similar) and what they think of them? Also how many planar fans have tried OB and what their take was. Obviously very open ended since there are so many variations of...
  14. Silentnet

Digital room correction solution?

What's the best choice around $300 (ideally less if nothing much is gained by spending more)? I've read a little about the various MiniDSP systems (an OpenDRC-AN would be within budget used) and the Behringer DEQ2496, and am curious about any others. Ideas? Opinions? Also, I have a Blue Yeti...
  15. Silentnet

Technics SL-5 - first turntable questions

Technically I did have a turntable before, but it was brown and blue plastic and made by Fisher Price, about 25 years ago, so this is a pretty big step up. That said, I don't have a ground wire, there's probably something wrong with it, and I imagine a new cartridge will be in order at some...
  16. Silentnet

Unofficial Martin Logan Electrostat Owner Thread

Shamelessly stolen idea. Mostly just curious how many others here on AK are running Martin Logans. I've got a pair of reQuests and will post some pictures this weekend after spending a significant amount of time cleaning the living room. ;)
  17. Silentnet

UE Megablast VS. .... everything else under $300. (Bluetooth/WiFi Speakers)

I've recently decided I'd like to get a high quality bluetooth speaker for when I'm away from my system -- after all, 300+lb of amps and speakers 6+ft tall are far from portable. This thing's duties would be two-fold. First, it'd act as a 'secondary system' for when I'm laying in bed messing...
  18. Silentnet

Archguy is the best.

Flexible, fast shipping, great communicator, contributor to the forum, and all-around good guy. I'd still be using no-name cable were it not for him. Can't say it sounds better necessarily, but it looks a whole lot better. ;)
  19. Silentnet

Going to go pick up all this... Stuff. Good idea?

https://charleston.craigslist.org/ele/d/home-speaker-system/6693995950.html Design Acoustics PS-10 Loudspeakers (x2) JBL ARC SAT Surround Speakers (x2) JBL ARC SUB10 Subwoofer Rocketfish Universal Wireless Rear Speaker Kit The PS-10s are probably worth more than I'm paying... And they seem...
  20. Silentnet

I'm a bird-plane! A motherf****in' bird-plane!

(To the un-initiated... You're welcome.)
  21. Silentnet

Infinity Kappa 7.1, what's a fair price?

Local CL, no affiliation. Guy is asking $700, has original boxes, claims "perfect" condition but is using a stock photo for the speakers (odd). https://charleston.craigslist.org/ele/d/set-of-2-infinity-kappa-71/6581470521.html Not in the market for more speakers right now, just curious.
  22. Silentnet

SUMO gear - models, specs, pics, general info

Looked around both here and elsewhere and this brand is rather neglected despite its history and the impressive nature of their designs... Anyone who has info is more than welcome to share! I have a first gen SUMO Andromeda on the way, and will post specs and pics when it arrives.
  23. Silentnet

I may have an amp collection problem starting here...

Initially thought I paid an "okay" price for my Adcom GFA-555 a couple months ago, now just in the last couple days I've found a SUMO Andromeda freshly serviced for only a little more, and a Nakamichi PA-7AII (not the preferred first version but still) for significantly less! Every "Stasis"...
  24. Silentnet

SUMO Andromeda restored, $500+ship, fair?

Couple little cosmetic issues -- scratches on top and back, couple nicks on the handles -- but over all looks to be in good shape. Completely re-capped / restored internally. It's the original variant, not the II. I've seen them go for $600+ unrestored on eBay... Think I should jump on this...
  25. Silentnet

South Carolina?

I'm in the Charleston area and am interested in getting a group together, if we have enough interested members nearby. Any others from SC?
Back
Top Bottom