Search results

1. D

JVC T-Xx tuners

Oh, and also, I *did* have my eye on a T-40P on the bay for a minute there... the price isn't bad either. I believe those are their first (consumer-market) digital tuners. They have a cool transitional look about them, but I decided I'd rather have a big backlit dial. It does look fun though...
  2. D

JVC T-Xx tuners

Yeah, the T-X##s seem a lot easier to find, but they don't really match the vibe closely enough for me. :p Which is too bad cause yeah, later models -- and even certain ones from this older silver face era -- have things like switches right there on the back, line voltage selectors etc. But not...
  3. D

JVC T-Xx tuners

Right on about the de-emphasis. But aren't the schemes themselves different too? Weren't FM center frequencies (at least when these boxes were made) set at odd .2mHz steps in the US (88.1, 88.3, 88.5 etc.) versus every .05mHz in Europe (88.05, 88.10, 88.15 etc.)? And AM every 10kHz versus 9kHz...
  4. D

JVC T-Xx tuners

So there's a big JVC thread elsewhere that's probably a good source of this kind of model-specific info, but I thought I'd start here. I've been scouring the globe for a tuner to match my A-X2 integrated -- namely a T-X1 (analog) or T-X2 (digital). They evidently don't exist in North America, or...
  5. D

JVC JA-S44, a restore, and some respect for good design.

@redk9258 That's true... my A-X2 has certainly been reliable, and I've always really liked its sound. Feature- and spec-wise they're almost identical on paper, save for the JA's apparently better s/n ratio... I'd love to hear one. They're so COOL looking. Well, they both are, but it's a...
  6. D

JVC JA-S44, a restore, and some respect for good design.

Reviving this thread yet again... there was just a *gorgeous* JA-S44 on the bay that I'd only been watching for a couple of hours, listed for $230... and like that it was gone, for $30 less than that...! I'm ultra bummed. Makes me look over at my A-X2 wishing it were as pretty. Speaking of...
  7. D

Audio-Technica P-mount cartridges?

@quigz1968 and @Vinylmasters... welp, I'll have an extra cartridge body laying around here before long, so I may just have to try one out!
  8. D

Ah, now I'm keying into the symbol thing. I've only seen a round dot (conical) and what seems to be three different ellipses, one hollow, one with a dot inside, and one solid. Nude and bonded ellipticals? I've been looking for examples to corroborate. Maybe it'll prove handy if I ever want to...
  9. D

Yep, that's what I was thinking and wondering... it's just a matter of what I wanna spend on a stylus. I also found it puzzling that the entire new cart and this base stylus hover around the same price from most vendors, give or take a couple of bones. Also about the same price is this...
  10. D

Oh hey needlestein, you had a post in the same other thread I mentioned above (I've been scouring this forum about this question, haha) that was really illuminating, so thank you. (I'm talking about...
  11. D

Any thoughts on this? wualta, I noticed in another thread that you have an AT3482P with the conical tip and you dig it. This stylus is carbon too, but elliptical: https://www.lpgear.com/product/LPGCFNT4PSE.html
  12. D

I see! Right on. And thanks to the pic you posted, I now know what the original stylus profile is, and that the 3472 is a more refined tip. So, are you saying that this and the 92 bodies are identical? Like, output voltage and all that, and putting the same stylus on either will yield about the...
  13. D

Greetings from Seattle.

What's up, folks? I just posted in the TT section, but thought it might be rude to not introduce myself, having seen that this section's here and all. Been lurking on the AK forum for a while now and mining it for all the expertise laying around. This is chiefly because I tend towards old and...
  14. D

Hey everyone! New member though I've been lurking for some time. Good to be outta the shadows. Thanks to y'all, I've found a bunch of fantastic advice on how to get my tables in shape, including an old Technics SL-BD20. Kind of a knockaround, but she's served me well. (And she's the only one I...
Back
Top Bottom