Search results

1. roadrunnerx

Cerwin Vega VS-150 Replacement Tweeter?

Old thread. For future reference the RE38 series seems almost identical. Part number near the same. Built in a horn configuration, but looks just like the VS-150 with a horn body. Cab mod needed though. The RE-38 sounds very close to the VS-150. I parted mine out since I have 2 sets of...
  2. roadrunnerx

Opinions

Just for reference the JBL L Series tweeters used to be worth about $75 each. For reference, sounds like you can't lose. Listen to before you buy! And just for full transparency, I have never heard any exact model numbers of the speakers you have listed. I have found what I like in Cerwins...
  3. roadrunnerx

Another speaker ID thread Source Technologies

Previous last pair of speakers from my Goodwill was about six months ago. A pair of small B&W for 7.99 each and the plastic Sony's for 6.99 each. Guess which ones I bought! ( I'll take that back, I found a pair of DCM 27's about 3 or 4 months ago and that is what I was actually looking for for...
  4. roadrunnerx

Re-entry into speakers. Advise wanted.

The only NHT I have had, I really looked forward to them! Picked them up ,down-firing woofer was breaking out of the cabinet. Glued the wood back together and got them sold as quick as I could. Cant remember the model number, but had eight inch down firing woofers. Cabinet was cheap and thin.
  5. roadrunnerx

I will admit, I did look them over hard before purchase. Cabinet is a beautiful make. When I searched the name first thing that came up was white van speakers, but I have seen this Tweeter before and I felt that did not make sense. Kept searching and did find the manufacturer.
  6. roadrunnerx

Finally got more set up in new upstairs music room...

I am very intersted in this thread!!!! My VS-150's have won so many comparison's, but you have more to offer. I am open to better in my market, the Cerwin's are ugly but..... beat out many pairs that are very good, but bass......! :)
  7. roadrunnerx

Opinions

So what do you recommend? ????? Just asking.....?
  8. roadrunnerx

Opinions

I will ask... So why did you post?? Please fill in the blanks. I have heard some bad series and some good. What do you like? I believe some earlier vintage would solve his request. Everyone has a different taste, please elaborate on model #'s. Now I respect that you may not like the Cerwin...
  9. roadrunnerx

Opinions

OK girls, he likes Rock!!! Cerwins do enter into this conversation! I Let my smaller AT-10's go and still miss. My bigger Cerwins stomp many speakers but you can't have close neighbors. Nothing touches 15" Cerwins for bass. I have had several JBL and A/D/S. Many others...... What can your...
  10. roadrunnerx

I do hope, but nowadays, wishful thinking..... No One seems to support their vintage. Their lose, I believe these are alot of $'s unharnessed.
  11. roadrunnerx

Shahinian Compass vs Source model X (unknown)

Shahinian above with the Cerwin's. Source X with another pair of Cerwins.
  12. roadrunnerx

Shahinian Compass vs Source model X (unknown)

Just for reference, and we all know sound is specific to the person listening.... Both are high dollar boutique speakers. Both are 2 way with the Source having the woofer size advantage. 8". The Shahinian has a 34" height with about 35 degree angle speaker placement on top. Pegboard bottom for...
  13. roadrunnerx

Re-entry into speakers. Advise wanted.

You are in a good hunting area if you have the time. Buy low and resell if you do not like the sound. Sound seems quite unique per individual. Try not to prejudge!!!!!! I have been surprised many times. I still have my $10 Cerwin VS-150's that I bought cheap to part out but SURPRISE! Did refoam...
  14. roadrunnerx

Cerwin Vega speaker help needed

Yeah, probably! :(
  15. roadrunnerx

No response back from Source so...... model X :]
  16. roadrunnerx

I have emailed the company's customer service with a picture. Hope to hear back. If they reply I will advise. Amazed a high-end company that does not keep a catalog of past items. Seems quite common nowadays.:wtf: :(
  17. roadrunnerx

Cerwin Vega speaker help needed

Great thread, thanks! I've still got parts from a set of u - 321's that I had refoamed for my grandson and of course he hooked up to a subwoofer amp just to see how far he could push them. Killed me to throw away those woofers. They had been frozen from the 1000 watt subwoofer amp with high...
  18. roadrunnerx

Luxman R-117 Service??

Luckily, mine is still plugging along. (knocking on wood right now) Wish new ones were available. Don't have anyone near me that could fix this. I have some nice emergency backups like Carver, Etc but I love the sound of the Luxman.
  19. roadrunnerx

I do not want to pull any punches here. So DK, I think they are a great two-way 8 inch woofer hi grade cabinet system. I usually run Cerwin vs 150s. So for my music taste with alternative rock, rock they will still lack something. Excellent cabinets, excellent sound. I currently have larger...
  20. roadrunnerx

JVC SK-1000 Curb Find - Opinions?

I suspect they targeted the jbl's of the day. Had some Rodgers that were quite good. Definitely fix them if you enjoy your rock.
  21. roadrunnerx

And another Rarity about these speakers, you can actually feel the wood grain. Almost every Ripple can be felt. Quite unique in my speaker ownership.
  22. roadrunnerx

I do believe those are vifa tweeters from what I have seen.
  23. roadrunnerx

I have not pulled the driver's but per sources website they use vifa drivers.
  24. roadrunnerx

But I can be 100% wrong! :-) And yes, I did find these at Goodwill in my area which usually has nothing. I go in to dig through the DVDs and CDs now that they are putting them back in the stores vs. Online.
Back
Top Bottom