Search results

1. N

XiangSheng 728A. What gives?

There isn't one as far as I know perhaps he is talking about a different amp.
  2. N

Yes great value amp -Ican't fault the sound in my system-I reckon that fake tube in the front of the amp devalues it in many audiophiles minds but I don't care it's the sound that matters. Enjoy!
  3. N

Another major improvement I found was by installing shorted RCA plugs into the unused input plugs.
  4. N

Changed out the stock valves for Pavanes and transformed the amp -smoother ,more detailed,bigger soundstage,more and better defined bass-no deminishing returns here-well worth it.
  5. N

china-hifi-audio.com reliability

Just received a XiangSheng 728A Vacuum Tube Pre-Amplifier fro m China Hi Fi and it took about 3 weeks to arrive. Initial communication was poor and the shipping times on the site over promised and under delivered. But when I plugged my preamp in all was forgotten -for $300 US (including...
  6. N

Bowers & Wilkins 685 S2

I recently bought the 685 S2 and have been very impressed with the sound quality. Some reviews claim they are forward and bright sounding-I don't find this the case. I feel they are a revealing speaker with a smooth and uncoloured sound lacking in any "boxy resonance". Being front ported also...
Back
Top Bottom