Search results

1. Bikeman

Hi all from Ireland

Hi from Kerry!
  2. Bikeman

Any Rega fans out there

I still play my Rega Planet 2000 CD player, think it's 16-17 years old. I've loved the player since I bought it. No harm in doing a test with your DAC and reporting back as to which, onboard v standalone sounds better...to you...:-)
  3. Bikeman

New to this forum... this is my story

That was entertaining:rflmao: any chance of pictures?
  4. Bikeman

Speakers: What do you own?

My speakers:- Q Acoustic 3050, Castle Durham, Mission 771
  5. Bikeman

Hi from Ireland

:oops:Got me there...Shimano user...
  6. Bikeman

Hi from Ireland

Thanks and hi, very fond of the meat and whisky too:D. Love the Pinarello, Colnago, Bottecchia, Bianchi...Giro d'Italia...pasta, pizza...much to enjoy!
  7. Bikeman

Hi from Ireland

Sounds like an excellent deal, if you could get 3050's and another to compare then you'd make a great choice, I don't know the American market but I was reading around KEF and Monitor Audio, it was the chat with George Dexter that swung it. Good luck with the listening:music:
  8. Bikeman

Hi from Ireland

I don't listen at loud volumes so I needed a speaker that would give me a nice sound at the lower frequencies which the 3050's are doing, I was turning the amp up and up with the Castle Durhams until I'd give up due to the loudness, when I lived in a smaller room I loved the Castles, I'll keep...
  9. Bikeman

Hi from Ireland

Hi Kray, I'm really enjoying the 3050's, I've only had them since early January and am still moving them around before I settle on their final resting position. I couldn't describe myself as an audiophile, but I don't like speakers to shout at me! Currently they are about 11 feet apart and 14...
  10. Bikeman

Hi from Ireland

It definitely wasn't a Virgin Mega Store, after wrecking my head I will have to opt for Tower Records, but I can't be certain, google seems to be not a lot of help sometimes!
  11. Bikeman

Hi from Ireland

I moved to Kerry in '96, the case has been in and out of the news the whole time I've been here. One day while in Cork Ian Bailey ran around a corner I was walking towards and I side stepped him, turned the corner to see a bunch of reporters and cameramen in pursuit! hanks for the link I'll give...
  12. Bikeman

Hi from Ireland

At this stage I couldn't say that it only dealt in blues, it was spread over two buildings, the BB King section was larger than my whole music collection Looking through my CD's I would think my last purchase was in 2009, Kelly Joe Phelps Western Bell. The system I have has been virtually unused...
  13. Bikeman

Hi from Ireland

Hi,we're used to crazy tourists driving on the wrong side, mind, lots of roads around here aren't wide enough to have two sides. Visited NY in 2001, I was into the blues at the time, I remember a blues CD store that was almost bigger than my town, was a bit overwhelmed, but managed to come away...
  14. Bikeman

Hi from Ireland

Southwest in the Republic...not too far from Luke Skywalkers island!
  15. Bikeman

Hi from Ireland

The sun has at last made an appearance! I remember the Black Forest area as being stunningly beautiful:biggrin:
  16. Bikeman

Hi from Ireland

...and here we are after weeks of cold, rain and battering winds with intermittent power cuts dreaming of warm places...
  17. Bikeman

Hi from Ireland

Thought we were neighbours for a moment until I saw your location!
  18. Bikeman

Hi from Ireland

Hello from Ireland. Recently decided to restart my listening to audio after a long hiatus. Bought a pair of Q Acoustics and cleaned off the gear, it's wonderful to listen again:music:With the speakers is a Rega Plannar 2, an Albarry PP1, a Rega Planet and a Pioneer PD 8700. The Planet was bought...
  19. Bikeman

Speakers for Pioneer SA-3000

Hi, I used a small Pioneer in the late '80's, at the time I used Mordaunt Short ms10's, which were very popular at the time, they made for some nice sounds in my bedroom, not sure my parents would have agreed:D I still have a pair of Mission 771 bookshelf speakers from around the same period...
  20. Bikeman

What's British in your system?

My first post in an audio forum, my British bits are:- Rega Planet CD (early '00's I think), Rega Planar 2 (1989 I think), Goldring 1042 cartridge, Albarry PP1 with MM phono input (1994 maybe), Q Accoustics 3050, all are currently being used. Elsewhere there's a Cambridge Audio A1 amp, Mission...
Back
Top Bottom