Search results

1. ccheath

PIONEER SX-1980 PRICE,

I have a NOS tranny. It ain't for sale. And I have a used one as well. Looking at it, I will NEVER pay 5 grand for such a thing no matter how pristine it is. I rather just have a new one built to specification. I actually paid A LOT FAR less than 5 grand for it several years ago.
  2. ccheath

Pioneer Spec 2 vrs Micntosh MC 2205

You're right. My bad. I guess I was tired thinking he was referring cap coupled output like in older other brand receivers.
  3. ccheath

Pioneer Spec 2 vrs Micntosh MC 2205

I know this is an old thread but MC2205 are not cap coupled but autoformer coupled. I have two of them to use with SPEC 1 and each are stupid heavy for their size.
  4. ccheath

Pioneer SX-1980 - what would you pay?

I had been wanting an SX-1980 for quite some time. I remember being a kid and saw that SX-1980 brand new in stock. For the past 12 years tried getting one but didn't have cash while it was around $500 to $1500 range. Later, seeing the receiver price going ever up and up. Finally got the cash...
  5. ccheath

Marantz prices are up,up,up!!!!!!

I have a 2385 I been wanting for some time before. When I got it, it was a fixer for around $450. Now, it's not for sale. I also wanted a Pioneer SX-1980 and was planning to buy it when it drops to $500 but NEVER happened. I ended up paying $3200 with a malfunctioning power supply board. I...
  6. ccheath

To scrap for parts or not to scrap for parts......

My hearing is degrading over the years and my girlfriend asked me if I go full deaf, what am I going to do with my stereos? I told her that I still want to have at least one or more stereos. It completes me. ;-)
  7. ccheath

AU717/TU717 vs G9000

I know this is a 4 year old thread. Do you still stand by these words on TU/AU-717 vs G-9000? And why?
  8. ccheath

Whats Wrong with this Picture

Hi Kutzler. I see you're getting back on that project. I've been away awhile. So much to do but still kept my subscriber on. It'll be interesting to see what the finished product look like. Those heatsinks look great. I'm glad they're put to good use instead of collecting dust. I was...
  9. ccheath

Leestereo's Restoration and Upgrade Of A Marantz 2325

I used acetone soaked toilet paper and leave it on the glue. Works great. Of course, you don't have to remove ALL the components. ;)
  10. ccheath

Hi, thanks for asking. Funny I haven't finished that project. The project stalled but not...

Hi, thanks for asking. Funny I haven't finished that project. The project stalled but not given up. I had a lot of things going on and I am hoping to soon get back on the project as soon as I got other things taken care of. I haven't really considered selling them. I will have to think about...
  11. ccheath

Marantz 2385 - opinions

That's about the price I paid for my 2385 some years ago. Still have it. I did a repair and rebuild on the power supply and the main amplifier. I find it to be a fantastic receiver to own. It got the power and fabulous sound. I'd rather keep it over the 2500 I have. Scope is nice but don't...
  12. ccheath

Why do you like tubes?

Because they're cool magic light bulbs. :D
  13. ccheath

Loudness button? bad or good for speakers?

By design on many receiver if not all, the loudness will taper off as you go up on volume. Say if you put the volume to 12 o clock or 1 o clock and after, then the loudness is (in quote) "non functional". As winters say, do not put too much power to the speakers or driving the amp hard. If...
  14. ccheath

Story of a sx1250 encounter and a help request

So, you're missing the board and the black metal stand?
  15. ccheath

Pioneer SX1250 8kHZ filter question

I cleaned, repaired, and recapped my SX-1250 some years ago. It works great but overtime I rarely use 30hz and 8khz filter. Eventually from oxidation buildup and lack of use on those switches, they start dropping out. I need to clean them up but been busy and never got around to it. I still...
  16. ccheath

Fisher 202 thump startup

In my experience with those capacitor coupled receivers several years ago until now, I never had a problem with any damaged speakers. I never even bothered turning off speakers before I would turn on/off receiver. I still don't, even with my Fisher 202, Pioneer SX-1000TW, and Sansui 5000A. If...
  17. ccheath

Fisher 202 thump startup

Are you speaking of Futura series? If so, it is normal. I have a Futura series that does the same thing. They're capacitor coupled and no relay protection(don't need it anyway).
  18. ccheath

The 16-bit vs 8-bit blind test

I got 6/10. Being deaf, I expected much much less.
  19. ccheath

Marantz 2385 trouble shooting before going to the Tech

I had both channels out on my 2385. In the preamp, right channel didn't work. In the main amp, left channel didn't work. In preamp, the tone mode was a culprit. It turned out to have a missing coupler inside the switch. Main amp issue turned out to have a shorted 35v zener that blew a...
  20. ccheath

Here goes... G7500 rebuild 2nd attempt!

:lurk: I recall reading G7500 amplifiers are finicky compared to G7000.
  21. ccheath

Is your unobtainium power switch worth $5 and an hour or so of your time?

I agree. I learned that 20 years ago while hooking it up to the ceiling fan. The fan motor turns fine but was pulsing until I turn on a light along with the fan and problem solved but not a good way to leave it. So I removed the dimmer and back to switch.
  22. ccheath

Pioneer problem

G22000 is a nice receiver. Maybe you can ask some reputable tech on this site if he will go through your G22000 for a trade for your SX-1250 or vice versa. Then you will have a decent reliable receiver. :scratch2:
  23. ccheath

STK-0050N the same as STK-0050 ?

Looks alot like the power packs I bought from NTE. They are real crap. Crossover distortion shows up on scope and low volume was unlistenable. I ended up replacing them with this: http://www.bdent.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=stk-0050 They are not Sanyo as they say they are but are a little...
  24. ccheath

2235B GW Find

Looks nice. I used to have a 2235B until I sold it after buying a 2325.
  25. ccheath

Woofers pumping in and out?

You can bypass it or replace the switch. I'd prefer to do the latter if I could find a replacement. There are ways to do the mods or you can take apart the switch (if possible) and burnish the contact.
Back
Top Bottom