Search results

1. P

Lexicon MC-12 Power supply

As Mark555 said, "Taking the PS (plate) out of the MC-12 was a pain. Ended up taking most of the screws from back and anything else that was screwed to the back panel. Plus side I had no left over screws during reassembly." There is a seemingly unnecessary tab in the plate that requires you to...
  2. P

Just FYI: the EOS PS (replacement) is rated at 110W, the original PS at 60W. Nominally there is no headroom for the original PS.
  3. P

Blueglow 2020 Amp Build Ideas

But something closer to a Rogue Audio Stereo 100 power amplifier but in monoblocks would make me drool.
  4. P

No mention of the topology.
  5. P

I could live with 35 Watts.
  6. P

So it's a given that the chosen amp will be a SE? Snif. Two Blueglow SE amps already. Isn't it time for a more speaker-friendly PP?
  7. P

Now, if you really want a power supply: https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/241251-buy-ssr03-super-regulator-power-supply-37.html
  8. P

Hello and thanks for your YouTube videos. I would like to have the choice of building 5 monoblock 50-Watt amplifiers with XLR input for my system, for USD700 or so each (includes a purchased metal body from you and all tubes).
  9. P

That looks as the older power supply, with the bottom heat sink in the bottom that uses the plate and the metal cover of the unit as extensions of the sink. I have read, perhaps in this thread, that overheating of the molex connectors may be caused by dirty pins/individual connectors. "AC...
  10. P

You would have to open the units to check. I use two MC8s in my system. The main one uses the first version of the PS. I believe that it provides better heat dissipation as it has a larger heat sink and uses the PS plate and the body of the unit as heat sinks. So my main unit has a...
  11. P

Take into account that your JBL and MC12s may have the first version of the power supply, from a different manufacturer. Check this thread for the changes in connectors you would have to make if that is the case.
  12. P

Many (including me) have used the EOS with no issues.
  13. P

Many thanks!!
  14. P

Given the price used MC-12s sell for at ebay (USD500 or so for non-balanced units on a good day), I wouldn't spend much money nor time fixing a broken one. If it was mine, I would gamble a new power supply for about a hundred dollars and if that doesn't fix the issues, I would buy a used...
  15. P

Betting on the PS is not an extreme risk, a little over USD100. Check the thread for a replacement PS (Sager) information. Member Robert K. has information about the Mean Well MPQ-200C.
  16. P

Many, many thanks Paul!! At this point I'd rather repair the old-style PS as it provides better heat dissipation capabilities. Is it safe/worthy to use low-ESR caps as replacements? Many thanks again.
  17. P

Hello Paul. A warm regard. Did you ever do this?: Many thanks in advance.
  18. P

Same part in the MC8. Paypal would be OK. What is a letter broadcast? Give me a couple of weeks to package and ship the glass to you. Send me your physical address to papablo1 at andobuscando dot com. Best regards.
  19. P

Yes, add a second cable to the +5V and the ground connectors in the molex. Or use a short piece of cable with molex connectors at its ends that provides the extra cables. I have no idea on what would be the specs of the molexes. Or cut and peel a small section of the existing cables and solder...
  20. P

I guess it is a matter of ventilation. Are the top vents covered or restricted? In order to protect the power supply I want to use a fan that runs whenever the Lexicon is on. But I've been wary of the cable surgery (it's really a very simple thing, but I'm chicken) required to supply voltage to...
  21. P

Hello pfigg. A warm regard. Did you ever do this?: Just a quick update. My MC-12 is back up...

Hello pfigg. A warm regard. Did you ever do this?: Just a quick update. My MC-12 is back up... -->> I plan to document the process (board characteristics, etc.) and supply a parts list.<<--- Many thanks in advance.
  22. P

Bought an MC-8 For Parts Only at ebay for less than a hundred dollars. Less that what Sager wanted but never really offered to me for sale. It came with the old style power supply, which I guess is not switching mode, is easier to repair/rebuild and dissipates heat more efficiently. Now my two...
  23. P

I hope this is a sort of PM. Hello Brad. A warm regard. I'm getting zero cooperation from...

I hope this is a sort of PM. Hello Brad. A warm regard. I'm getting zero cooperation from Sager USA regarding the replacement power supply for my Lexicon. Are you able to provide info on Sager's Canadian rep? My email is papablo1 at andobuscando.com Many thanks in advance and best regards.
  24. P

Bump. I'm getting zero cooperation from Sager USA. Are you able to provide info on Sager's Canadian rep? My email is papablo1 at andobuscando.com Many thanks in advance and best regards.
  25. P

I'm getting zero cooperation from Sager USA. Are you able to provide Sager's Canadian rep? My email is papablo1 at andobuscando.com Many thanks in advance and best regards.
Back
Top Bottom