Search results

1. markshan

Happy Birthday markshan!

Thanks everyone
  2. markshan

I'm not really a jazz guy, but...

It seems I'm supposed to have one jazz score every year, even when I'm not looking for one. An adjusting to life on my own again, one of the things I did was join a band for the first time in 20 years. I don't think I've exactly given up on record collecting, but having to learn two sets of...
  3. markshan

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Merry Clayton is a legend. That's a great find.
  4. markshan

I knew what you meant.
  5. markshan

Yamaha stack from my younger years.

Glue damage is certainly possible, but don't overthink it. If it's there the amp will go into protection. If it's not, you are fine. If you want to take it's temperature so to speak follow the first post in this thread...
  6. markshan

5-6000 Vinyl Records - Norfolk, VA

You'd have to pay me several hundred to haul that pile away.
  7. markshan

That wouldn't have lasted two minutes in the thrift stores here. I can't even believe you had the chance to pass it up twice.
  8. markshan

Received a "heard you collect old audio equipment" call

I've always wanted a 747.
  9. markshan

White CEC BD-2600 Good for a Beginner?

Perfect beginner table I would say. There are lots of YouTube videos on setup. Come back here with specific questions and I'm sure they will get answered. Have fun!
  10. markshan

Albums, What are these worth?

A buck a piece at the thrift.
  11. markshan

Old Advents and fisher re-1056 found locally, worth fixing?

Maybe simultaneously move it with the toothpick as you run suction in the gap at the other side of the circle.
  12. markshan

Not sure about the Gorilla Glue but the covering is brilliant!
  13. markshan

I see what you did there.
  14. markshan

Cheaper than paying someone to hem my pants.
  15. markshan

Since many of the posts are non-audio, I just got a Kenmore 385 sewing machine for five bux. Works just fine, I just need to get a bobbin plate.
  16. markshan

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

If any of those Sony's are the line with MC/MM selector they are very good sounding receivers even though they look like BPC.
  17. markshan

I love my SR-60s and have had them completely serviced by Grado in Brooklyn. Customer service second to none. Spoke to Mr Grado himself on the phone when I inquired. As far as replacement pads go, I actually prefer the round yellow Sennheiser pads. I find them to be more comfortable and...
  18. markshan

Sansui AU-717 all original, all working, fair price local pickup?

OTOH if it hasn't failed yet perhaps that one was assembled without much of the glue and it will never be an issue. Wouldn't we have expected failure a decade or more ago if it was going to happen?
  19. markshan

New 1099-K tax thresholds (US) - is vintage gear on eBay and such about to get more scarce/pricey?

Do you think stereos are the only things that trigger 1099s?
  20. markshan

I prefer the test tone method.
  21. markshan

Agreed and this may also be why so much of the VC is forward of the spider. I suspect this is the cause of the noise. Maybe the OP got lucky and the spider isn't glued to the coil, in which case that shouldn't be too challenging of a fix.
  22. markshan

So it's GCEA just like a soprano. Very cool. I'd be stoked to find one of those. I assume it has a pickup?
  23. markshan

Minor Scroe? JVC receiver

Or add a powered sub if you basically like the signature of the Baby Advents. They aren't bad for what they are.
  24. markshan

Is that a soprano, tenor or baritone?
Back
Top Bottom