Search results

1. markshan

Penn42 hooked me up

Great prices, conservative grading, careful packing. I couldn't be any happier with the records! Thanks Grant.
  2. markshan

Being a picker is not without it's hazards

https://www.aol.com/news/zealand-family-finds-childrens-bodies-065753724-112557086.html?soc_src=aolapp&fbclid=IwAR0v78o_5r0zqjJwa-3Y6ZlzXj9P_eARd5XIxHc4ZI07NcGfEp-oI3UoR3Q
  3. markshan

He was my Last Resort

Okay, I've made a couple threads already singing his praises, but this went above and beyond the call of duty. For a long time I've been looking for Cornershop - When I Was Born for the 7th Time. It's stupid rare on vinyl and was only pressed in the UK. It's been on my radar for a long...
  4. markshan

Ethan strikes again

I don't know how @multichamp12 consistently comes up with this like new vinyl, but he has sold me several albums that are pillars of my collection. He just did it again. Thanks Ethan!
  5. markshan

Guys named Mark

I just sold a record to @Grady Cain and just wanted to let everyone know that he's a solid dude. Immediate payment and great communication. I know he doesn't have a ton of posts but if he approaches you for a deal just know that those guys named Mark are great to deal with. (Guys named Marc...
  6. markshan

A nice transaction with Mark 1234

I just got a record from @Mark 1234. Grading was accurate and packing was very secure. Thanks Mark.
  7. markshan

Another nice record from Al

I just got a record from @ahartig and it is much nicer than I expected from the description. Thanks Allejandro!
  8. markshan

jaybirdss396 gave me a monster of a deal

I just had a stellar purchase from @jaybirdss396. Exactly as described for a great price, packed conscientiously and shipped quickly. I couldn't possibly be any more pleased. Yip, yip.
  9. markshan

Midea U-shaped window AC

Have you guys seen these? I don't have central air so I depend on window units. I bought one of these even though it was the most expensive unit by sixty dollars. The design made sense to me and based on the energy usage ratings it would pay for itself in a year or two anyway, so I decided...
  10. markshan

Magnepan MMGs - worth it?

I was just gifted a pair that have a buzz. I read a few threads about delamination and see that lots of folks have successfully saved theirs. However, it seems that it's mostly higher end models that people worked on and the process does seem to be more than a little tedious. I've never...
  11. markshan

Toledo, Monroe, Detroit area vinyl

So, it looks like I will be spending a couple days in Monroe, MI at some point this spring. Are there any must see record shops along my journey? TIA.
  12. markshan

Multichamp12 has incredible vinyl!

I am so glad that Ethan (@multichamp12 ) is selling here again. He sells some of the most beautiful records I have ever seen.
  13. markshan

Wireless charger recommendations?

Who can recommend a good wireless charging pad that they have had for a while? My wife and I really enjoy not having to futz with cables at bedtime. For Christmas I got her a new Fire pad and did a lot of research on the charger. The consensus seemed to be that Mophie made the best one...
  14. markshan

Artist's album or Soundtrack?

I sort my vinyl alpha by artist with a soundtrack section at the end. Sometimes I'm not sure if an album belongs with the soundtracks or with the artist. One extreme is EWF - That's the Way of the World. It doesn't even say soundtrack on the front or spine, just a small notation on the...
  15. markshan

captouch hooked me up again

@captouch sent me sealed vinyl and it was in perfect condition, not even a corner bump. Packed securely and shipped quickly. Thanks again Eric!
  16. markshan

Truck drives home the goods

@truck just sold me a box set which he described as like new and it absolutely is like new. He gave me a great price on it as well. Thanks Tim, I hope I get to do more business with you in the future.
  17. markshan

Bashman came through for me

I just had a transaction with @bashman but I would actually say it was as much a personal favor as it was a transaction. He graded the record vg, but to my eyes it's vg+ and listening now is so far playgrading vg++. Plus he sold it to me for about 60% of market. Thank you Jon. Anyone...
  18. markshan

publicenemy3 grades ridiculously conservatively

@publicenemy3 rcenetly sold me Aerosmith - Permanent Vacation and Pump. They were graded vg all around. The Pump vinyl and jacket were very high end vg, many would grade vg+. I'm playing it now and after a cleaning it plays better than it looks. There are a couple ticks in the spoken...
  19. markshan

A surprising RSD benefit (anti-skate)

So I was playing the James McMurtry - Childish Things vinyl I got yesterday at RSD Black Friday (along with several other titles, it was a good day) and I saw that it was pressed on three sides and the fourth was as smooth as glass. No wide dead lock groove, just nothing. So after the record...
  20. markshan

Audiofreak71 sold me a really nice record

I just got a Gold Letter Hollywood first of the first CCR album from @Audiofreak71 and it is much nicer than described. Vinyl and jacket at least one grade better than he listed them at. Thanks so much man, I'm thrilled with my purchase!
  21. markshan

ontheroad303 sold me some nice records

I can't find the listing to see how they were graded, but I can say that I am very pleased with the records I got from @ontheroad303. Thanks Matt!
  22. markshan

bjlefebvre is a conservative grader

My friend Ben @bjlefebvre sold me a record which he basically described as a beater but it's pretty good. Much better than he led me to believe. Thanks for the pleasant surprise!
  23. markshan

Vodsonic once again

@vodsonic sold me a conservatively graded record which is a definite improvement over the copy I had. Thanks again V!
  24. markshan

Optonica RP7205 auto mechanism issue

Just found one of these and it looks like a solid table, but the arm is hanging up as it moves through the auto functions. Other than the cursory "clean and lube" does anyone here have any specific experience or info for this table? Not much on the web. If I can't fix the auto functions, I...
  25. markshan

HDTV antenna amplifier suggestions

So I recently bought a Roku TV and loved it so much that we finally cut the cord. The apps are great and I was getting good but not great reception of local channels. Some occasional dropouts. Not brutal but distracting. I had a friend recommend an amplified antenna. I didn't want to...
Back
Top Bottom