Search results

1. S

HH Scott speakers with a weird plug on back.

I love the way they sound, if I did anything to them I would just want to rebuild them as close to stock as possible. I don't want a modern sounding speaker, I use them with my Marantz 2220b.
  2. S

Yes, the grills are very hard to remove, I have not been able to identify the model of these speakers. They look a lot like this, even with the weird metal bar across the tweeter. Mine do not have the cutouts on the wood to fit the woofer. They are all stock and sound great.
  3. S

Ahh, that makes sense, thank you sir!
  4. S

Hi folks, I have a simple question. I have a pair of old HH Scott two way speakers, in between the speaker terminals there is a plug hole, what is this for. Thanks for any info in advance.
  5. S

Marantz prices?

I agree on the automatic TT's. I bought a Marantz 2220b and a Pioneer PL-12D TT for $300 10 years ago. That TT has worked flawlessly for all that time. When it comes to a vintage TT I'll take a manual one every time.
  6. S

Marantz 2220b system

Thank you for the link, thats awesome!
  7. S

Marantz 2220b system

This may be an odd question, if I walked into a store in the 70's and bought this receiver what would be the mates for it..cassette deck, turntable and speakers...if I wanted to put together an all Marantz system...As always thanks for any replies...Scott
  8. S

JBL HLS 610 Bookshelf Speakers

Well the Sansui's got sold!
  9. S

I have not pulled the trigger on these yet...a pair of Sansui SP-2500's came up for sale locally for $100, any thoughts on one vs the other? Thanks-Scott
  10. S

Thats a great idea!
  11. S

You folks are great thank you all, I will make sure I check out the tweeters before I buy, were I live there is not much vintage stuff around I hate buying speakers online, shipping cost kills you....I think I will pick these up for $80 heck thats the cost of a night out...worth the risk.
  12. S

Thanks!
  13. S

I've been hunting for a pair of speakers to pair with my Marantz 2220b and haven't found what I want yet...will a set of JBL HLS 610 Bookshelf Speakers serve ok until I can get something better...I can pick them up local for 80 bucks....worth it? Thanks in advance for any input...Scott
  14. S

New guy here, this is what I have ATM

Great idea on the hockey pucks...I live in Minnesota so there are hockey pucks everywhere!
  15. S

New guy here, this is what I have ATM

Oh ya, I never run it like that, I just took the pic while I re-arranging things, so I could get them both in one picture.
  16. S

Should I get my Nak RX-303 repaired

Thanks for the info guy's, what about cleaning and lube, I have some super lube, will that work...is it ok to use the 90+ alcohol to clean off the old and re-lube stuff.
  17. S

Ha you just brought back an old memory, I went to work for a TV repair shop back in the 80's, the old tech that was there who was teaching me thought it was funny to get the new guy to pry off the crt cap without a grounding wire....only time he would smile...:)
  18. S

Thanks for the advice I will be careful, if I feel it's too much...I am thinking that sending it out I would also get it adjusted properly, which is something I cant do.
  19. S

That sounds like what it is doing...I can build computers from scratch and I've torn down a laptop to replace a video card....I might try this myself.
  20. S

Yep I hear motor....when I first got it if I pushed up...helped the carriage up the tape would play, music would come out, things seemed gummed up.
  21. S

I might give that a try.
  22. S

Thanks! thats good to know, I had a feeling that might be the answer, I'm glad, I really think it's cool looking....nice to know the quality matches. I will keep it and get it fixed.
  23. S

I bought a RX-303 on fleabay about 3 years ago, seller said was perfect working order...well not so much...whats going on is when I first got it, it would play for a few seconds then go to stop...now it just goes to stop whenever I push play/ff/rw. cosmetically it's perfect...I paid $180 for it...
  24. S

Hi all from the frozen mid-west.

Howdy, ya it's -11 without the windchill here this morning....coffee time!
  25. S

Hi all from the frozen mid-west.

I think tomorrow we are gonna have a heat wave! 25 degrees!
Back
Top Bottom