Search results

1. T

Which passive speaker for a low watt amp?

Hello, I am looking for a passive speaker as external speaker for an electric guitar amp. The amp is a Roland Micro CUBE box with a 5" speaker, the full specs is here This is an hobby project with low budget, I plan to buy some used speaker on kleinanzeigen.de (german Craiglist-like site)...
  2. T

Looking to replace CD player with something that can play from USB sticks

I am looking to replace my CD player with something that can play media (mp3/flac) on USB sticks. The plan is that I would replace each CD by a USB flash drive/stick (in form of a visit card). I don't want to play from phone, tablet or something "smart". Just a device that I can turn on, insert...
  3. T

Technics SU-V6X, left channel gone

Hi, I have a Technics SU-V6X which was working fine until last week, then suddenly the left channel became very quiet. There is still some sound coming out, but very quiet compared to the right channel. I tried various input sources (CD/AUX/Tuner) and input devices (CD Player, Phone etc.) but...
  4. T

Mini/desktop CD Player: new or vintage?

Hello, I am looking for a mini CD player for my daughter. It must be reliable and simple to use. Sound quality is not the top priority. My budget is 50 EUR. I have been searching awhile on ebay for vintage, as well as on amazon for new. I wonder if AK members could give me some hints to narrow...
  5. T

Your experience with liquid finish remover vs hand sanding?

Hello, I would like to refinish the speakers in this thread: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/canton-quinto-540.825420/ This is the first time I do it and I am afraid of doing some damage to the thin veneer with hand sanding. Therefore I would like to learn from the experienced...
  6. T

Canton Quinto 540

Hi, I bought a pair of Canton Quinto 540. I did a quick test when the boxe arrived, just to be sure they work. I am a bit disappointed that the upside of the boxes doesn't look as good as the rest. Here are a few photos: The sound is good, especially the bass. I hope the high/mid...
  7. T

Which cleaning method for a very dusty Technics SU-V6?

Hi, I bought a Technics SU-V6 from ebay. When it arrived I did a quick test and it seems to work, but the pots need cleaning. I opened the amp and saw that the inside is very dirty: lot of dust, sticky and smells strongly after cigarette. I read threads about cleaning amps on AK, and like the...
  8. T

Canton LE 400

Hi, today I saw a pair of Canton LE 400 at a garage sale and got them for 7 EUR. I did a quick test when I got home and one seems ok, the second one has kind of distorted/muddy sound. I opened both to take a look inside, here are the photos if you are interested: https://imgur.com/a/NIi2K Do...
Back
Top Bottom