Search results

1. sajjad amer

B2101 Speaker Relay replacement

I would to replace the main filter caps too, any recommendations for that ? In one of your threads, someone suggested to up the capacitance by 50% and "customer could not recognise it was their amp". I would like to try it, if you can guide? Thanks
  2. sajjad amer

Thank you so much for prompt reply. I appreciate your helps as always
  3. sajjad amer

I am refurbishing my B2101 and need advice for a set of replacement relays, which I can buy from reputable sellers. I have googled and cannot find a replacement. Original relay is Matsushita JC2aD-DC24V Picture is attached too. Any help would be appreciated. BW
  4. sajjad amer

:), thank you , I like your DP too :thumbsup:

:), thank you , I like your DP too :thumbsup:
  5. sajjad amer

Mission Cyrus one (Tog) Op Amp rolling

I have changed the opamps too, still the crackling noise was there. However, I realised that when I switch off my PC +Pioneer N50 DAC the noise disappears. I have shared it here for the benefit of someone reading in the future, look for external sources of noise first!
  6. sajjad amer

Mission Cyrus one (Tog) Op Amp rolling

I am using a Cyrus one (tog) which has developed a crackle/popping noise. It is only audible when using phono input. I have replaced all the capacitors thinking that it may be a bad capacitor, but the noise is still there. It gets louder as the volume is increased. I am going to replace the op...
  7. sajjad amer

Bias Adjustment procedure

Thank you everyone for the replies. The black adjustment pot is for DC adjustment, not BIAS. The other bigger pot on the board is for gain adjustment, accessible from front panel. Gate to gate voltage is 1.4v approximately on both sides. Looks like there is no bias adjustment for this...
  8. sajjad amer

Bias Adjustment procedure

I need help with bias adjustment for this amplifier as one side runs warmer than other side. I cannot find any information on this amplifier. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  9. sajjad amer

Yamaha CR-2020 hum

I have fixed it 1- TR714 was short, 2SA844 Substituted by KSA1015Y This fixed the hum, however the voltage discrepancy was still present 2- TR705 was short, 2SD400 was replaced by KSC2383 +/- Voltage to preamp is now +26.1 and -26.6 Transistor substitutions information was taken from here As...
  10. sajjad amer

Yamaha CR-2020 hum

I have noticed when I select the phono input noise increases, could it be the phone stage itself is injecting the noise? The voltage is still +26.93 and -29.24
  11. sajjad amer

Yamaha CR-2020 hum

And more
  12. sajjad amer

Yamaha CR-2020 hum

I have cleaned and reflowed both boards third time, problem is still there.
  13. sajjad amer

Yamaha CR-2020 hum

It's +29.63 and -27.1v. I will reflow the board over weekend and see if the discrepancy settles. I have changed the regulators to TIP41 already thanks
  14. sajjad amer

Yamaha CR-2020 hum

I appreciate your kindness, thank you.
  15. sajjad amer

Yamaha CR-2020 hum

It's 100hz noise. What should I do next ? Thanks
  16. sajjad amer

Yamaha CR-2020 hum

Thank you for your guidance, I will remove the boards again and resolder everything.
  17. sajjad amer

Yamaha CR-2020 hum

I purchased a non-working CR-2020 off eBay recently. I have recapped the filter capacitor board and relay boards ONLY. Likewise, I have also completed the service bulletin mods, including changing the voltage regulators to TIP41. The amplifier now works. However, there is hum on both channels...
  18. sajjad amer

CR-2020 service by a noob

Have you made any progress on repair? I am watching with interest to learn it for my own CR2020
  19. sajjad amer

Eye does not see, what the mind does not know

Eye does not see, what the mind does not know
  20. sajjad amer

Kenwood KA-7100 low volume on one channel

Dear All I have a problem with low volume on left channel. I have narrowed the problem down to the control board by 1- direct input from source, on amplifier board => both channels are equal 2- Direct Connection from preamp to amplifier board=> both channels are equal I have also 1- rebuilt...
  21. sajjad amer

Pioneer A-400 Delayed & Noisy relay click

I have managed to sort the problem. Updating here in case someone else faces similar issue. Fault was C508 47UF 50v electrolytic capacitor. ESR was 1k ohm. Best wishes
  22. sajjad amer

Pioneer A-400 Delayed & Noisy relay click

I have an A400, which has a problem coming out of protection. When switched on from cold, it takes around 3 minutes for the 2 relays to "buzz" then both relays go quiet, I do not hear any click and afterwards the amplifier works as intended. Switching off and back on, relays still make noise but...
  23. sajjad amer

Kenwood KA-9100 Left VU Meter not working

I will clean switches by removing them off the board and report back
  24. sajjad amer

the amplifier was functioning fully till I ruined it. I used your excellant rebuild thread to carefully install the capacitors in preamp board. The only known issue I think I have is about the black wire connecting phono baord with preamp board, it broke and I soldered it to different pins...
  25. sajjad amer

In normal position of switch there is no sound from left channel. In separate position there is sound from both sides. My initial comment that there is sound through both channels was incorrect.
Back
Top Bottom