Search results

1. markbark12

AR-3A speakers, Why were they so good regarding the deep Bass

Oh and be sure to read page 26 section 3A, the first two sentences regarding the tweeter!
  2. markbark12

Found this to be very very Informative I think we all agree that we'd love to get this group of authors to join in this thread and hear their thoughts...
  3. markbark12

Tom I believe you, Lets for get the whole thing! and yes I am also enjoying Pete's posts!:beerchug:
  4. markbark12

Ok Can someone PLEASE TELL ME WHAT"S GOING ON!!!!! First ( see above ) I get this strange posting from Tom Brennen. ( see three posts up)..then I get hate e-mail forwarded through AK also from this Tom guy ( or maybe the E-mail was meant for Centless?)! And then the post above from...
  5. markbark12

Good grief Charlie Brown... There was so much interesting material posted by Pete and Retrovert that I'll need a few hours to read and absorb. The more questions answered the more we create. Who ever patented the idea of the Acoustic suspension speaker obviously did not have a great lawyer as...
  6. markbark12

Hi Conrad Well ya can...sorta. "Simply Speakers" has the following ( see below ). This is where I bought mine. I checked all the specs against the original (xmas,Fr et all) and all the measurements are almost exactly on speck. There may be other sources so you should check around but I was...
  7. markbark12

Hi everyone, thought I'd just sidetrack for a minute and provide a quote from the profound and always accurate academic journal " High Fidelity " magazine in an 1971 test report on the AR-3A. " The low frequency driver is initially made to be floppy with a loose suspension". Now frankly, I can...
  8. markbark12

I have been watching this thread as it becomes more and more academic (this from someone who spelled "bass" wrong in the title lol", but it leaves more questions. In Pete's very well thought out post, Vilcher later used the same woofer (with very slight modifications) in several other models...
  9. markbark12

Has anyone remarked about how many of us have dogs as avitars

Could it have something to do with our love of "woofers" oh thats avatars lol
  10. markbark12

Hi Gregg! If I recall the interface
  11. markbark12

How old are you and what are the frequency limits of your hearing?

Ballylongford. Truly sorry about your boy! My heart goes out to you! Mark
  12. markbark12

How old are you and what are the frequency limits of your hearing?

Hi Pod and Brian, Can my guys play with yours! Mine is the Beagle-Dachshund. Oh 72 and can't hear beyond 9k so I now Don't worry about burned out tweeters any longer
  13. markbark12

Worst Audio Component or Speaker Repair in Words and/or Pictures

Gosh How stupid...Everyone knows that super glue and band aids are the true accepted method! Oh and to how they sound? Stereo Review did a special review around 1973 and found that they" sounded almost as good as the reference pair and were worth auditioning them". Oh my main system...
  14. markbark12

Good god...Sorry I am getting senile. been spelling BASS...base sorry. Anyway I can change my heading......walking away in shame lol...moderator PLEASE HELP!!!!!
  15. markbark12

Thanks all, Pete, is that the same Olson who established Olson electronics? ( long long gone lol). Yep I'm dating myself big time. I have a copy of 1966 catalog. The links are great!!!! Oh and Skipper, Did you ever meet the Harlem Globe Trotters ROFL! As for your post thanks but still...
  16. markbark12

Please define " proper design" knowing that I understand " cost vs performance". Good god, it's bass Moderator please HELP!!!
  17. markbark12

GOOD GOD IT'S BASS Hi everyone! Been away about ten years. Glad to be back! I have just rebuilt a pair of AR-3A speakers. I love the way they sound but after the rebuild I'm left with some questions and a few comments. Firstly why was such a thin grade of copper wire used for the outside...
Back
Top Bottom