Search results

1. Jon Haring

Rectilinear III crossovers

Forgot to give props to blhagstrom for the amazing job he did on the Marantz
  2. Jon Haring

I just picked these Sansui SP -2000's up on Offer Up this past weekend for $100 bones! Ten minutes from my house. At least I have something while I work on the III's! It appears all the drivers work on this set. Maybe a recap in their future also. Put up a couple pics with my 4300 that another...
  3. Jon Haring

Thank you everyone for the help to this point. Here are some more pics. It appears as though this thing got super hot at some point. Tried a good dose of Fader lube on it but no dice. The schematic matchs up with what I have coils, caps and resistors. I am also have the original paper work that...
  4. Jon Haring

5. Jon Haring

I do have the schematic and the knowledge to do the soldering required. I am not comfortable with choosing replacement caps. These speakers are in a 9.5 out of 10 physical condition and sounded amazing with three of the tweeters and one midrange inoperable. Would realy like to bring them back to...
  6. Jon Haring

Yes, three ptong L pads, Temple pots 60uf & 5uf. I am having issues with uploading pics. Trying to navigate this forum on a smartphone is not ideal! I will try to open up the pot and investigate further. I was having difficulties any source for a replacement in the 30 ohm range.
  7. Jon Haring

No sir. I didn't know such a thing was possible. I need to do a full re-cap on these. So I have not bothered to de solder anything just yet.
  8. Jon Haring

I am a Noob here but I need to draw on the people that know what's up. Diging in to a set of Rectilinear III's that were givin to me. I have some drivers that need to be replaced (on the Ebay hunt now). The real issue is the one crossover tweeter pot is welded. These pots seem to be nonexsistant...
  9. Jon Haring

For Rectilinear III owners

Hi there, I am looking for 2"& 2 1/2" for my Highboys. Do you still have a good source? Thank you kindly!
  10. Jon Haring

Help, need some advice on suitable replacment tweeters for Rectilinear iii's

Help, need some advice on suitable replacment tweeters for Rectilinear iii's
  11. Jon Haring

Marantz 4300

Looks alot cleaner than mine!
  12. Jon Haring

Marantz 4300

I plan to put her in a rack with some cooling fans after the rebuild. I cover it up with a towel to keep her clean out in the shop, I just fired it up for the picture. You are correct it does get a bit warm under load!
  13. Jon Haring

Marantz 4300

I will give a pic a try.
  14. Jon Haring

Marantz 4300

15. Jon Haring

Marantz 4300

I got these Highboys III's from my father inlaw 9.9 out of 10 as far as the cabinets are concerned, when I find some time I will open them up and post pics. That is if I can get AK to digest any photo I try to post!
  16. Jon Haring

Marantz 4300

17. Jon Haring

Marantz 4300

Bingo brother
  18. Jon Haring

Marantz 4300

Thanks to rBuckner I connected with blhagstrom planning on paying him a visit and have him go though my 4300. I would have done it this weekend but we got 12" of snow at my place, power out etc. Being from Detroit these people out here in western Washington scare me on the road when the "White...
  19. Jon Haring

Marantz 4300

Thanks rBuckner will do!
  20. Jon Haring

Marantz 4300

Thanks, everyone for your advice. I was able to replace the fuse bulbs with some nice blue leds as well as the tuner needle bulb. The small bi pin bulbs are beyond what I want to tackle. I am currently looking for a Seattle area tech to finish tbe work. Father inlaw just gave me a set of...
  21. Jon Haring

Marantz 4300

Thanks for the advice, it is quite a complicated mess inside. I plan to have a pro do the work from here.
  22. Jon Haring

Marantz 4300

I acquired a 4300 from my father inlaw years ago that he purchased new. It sounds great. The only issues seem to be some burned out bulbs, scratchy balance controls could use a new piece of vellum and a good cleaning. The dc offset hovers at less than 2mV on all the speaker outputs. I would like...
  23. Jon Haring

Marantz 4300

I acquired a 4300 from my father inlaw years ago that he purchased new. It sounds great. The only issues seem to be some burned out bulbs, scratchy balance controls could use a new piece of vellum and a good cleaning. The dc offset hovers at less than 2mV on all the speaker outputs. I would like...
Back
Top Bottom