Search results

1. Y

Sansui lamp modification

I have a 5500 and same thing... lights only work on AM/FM. On the sansui X0X0 series the lamps are on a "plug" harness and you jumper the plug. The 3300 and 5500 everything is point soldered. Much harder to trace... the leads from the lamps dussappear into the belly of the beast.
  2. Y

Question about sansui 5050

Is there a guide to doing this procedure. On some brother sansui models it is as simple as jumpering the lamp main plug But I pulled the cab on the 5500 and there are no harnesses or plugs it is all point to point soldered.
  3. Y

Thank you. is that something that can be easily "undone"?
  4. Y

I recently picked up a 5500. Very clean outside. While testing I noticed that the radio plate light only comes on with certain inputs. Is this normal? Edit model change from 5050 5500. Oops
  5. Y

Choosing Cartridges to keep

Hello All. I wanted to get everyone opinion on which carts to keep. I listen to classic rock, Mann hiem, and some 80's pop. I have serveral carts to choose from I am keeping 2 and selling the rest with the TT's they came with. Pickering v15 / ame-3 Me95ED Stanton 500 Shure M55E Shure v15 Type...
  6. Y

Dual 1209 Tone arm spring tension constant

I think the answer is here. the spring on 229 is what is keeping the tone arm under tension at all times
  7. Y

the retun spring stays engaged at the start of play....so in auto operation or manual set down on lead in the tone arm will track and play for a few seconds and then hit a wall and stop tracking inward. if you cue the tone arm up and push it towards the center of the record it is "spring...
  8. Y

So I looked at it again last night. I looks like the auto return does not disengage once it has reached the point ( over the lead in of record) at which the steurpimple would engage and then bring it the rest of the way home to rest. Anyone?
  9. Y

Hello All. I am fairly new here. Been lurking, reading, learning.... I have recently come into possession of some turntables. Dual, Garrard and B&O. I am going through them one by one. surface cleaning, checking set down points, change spindle function etc. A Dual 1209 is MIS-behaving. the...
  10. Y

Old Passive Sub New A/V receiver

Hello All, Without getting into specifics on the age of my gear in question.... Here it is: I have a passive Sub. The connection on the sub is 2x pairs if L/R/ wire connectors. The receiver, not purchased as of yet, has either 1 or two RCA sub (out) connections. I know the I need a...
  11. Y

CEC Turntable Owner - come to this this thread

hello all, I just got my first TT in 30yrs and it is a lab 300 with org cart and stylus. the Stylus does not "snapo" into place if I take the HS off and tip it down the stylus falls out! it is in VG+ condition :) I did notice the belt has a thin spot in it .... I assume from where it...
  12. Y

Thoughts on TT

I recently got one of these as well. Flawless cosmetic condition. clean outside and started playing records, then it started warbling but in a very consistant cycle. I cleaned the belt track and checked for burrs on speed select/belt tracking arm, all good. Then I pulled the belt and slid it...
Back
Top Bottom