Search results

1. A

IMF owners thread!

My apologies voicecoil34 I see you have the black domes in the description pictures itself. I did not see them in the main photos on the main Ebay pictures hence I assumed that I would receive the pointed diaphragms with the coil as per original celestion hf1300
  2. A

IMF owners thread!

3. A

IMF owners thread!

Thanks Athanasios for the confirmation that could you have looks to be more appropriate. I have emailed ninomusicfrance and see what their reply is.
  4. A

IMF owners thread!

I see, thanks IMF_pioneer. Any one tried the replacement coil option with the existing domes? As it turns out their may not appear to be anything wrong with my hf1300 as they are measuring 3.7ohms steadily. Have to test it out connected back in the crossovers though.
  5. A

IMF owners thread!

Hi all seeking clarification from the brains trust. I purchased a pair of celestion hf1300 8ohm diaphragms from eBay. The seller is the ninomusicfrance seller. I received this It is a plastic type round dome but the original diaphragm you see in the background is a fabric type pointed dome...
  6. A

IMF owners thread!

Hey hynotoad Note you are in Melbourne. There is a pair for sale on gumtree for $600. Same seller but more on eBay. Cant comment on them though as never owned a pair.
  7. A

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Jan 19, 2018
  8. A

IMF owners thread!

Hi all with the mkiv non improved versions. As the KEF sp1044 and the 5/36 mids are definitely 8ohms. Is it safe to say the Celestion hf1300 and hf2000 super tweeters are 8ohms as well? My hf2000 diaphragms are looking a little worse for wear and thinking they need replacement. Only place that...
  9. A

IMF owners thread!

I got onto Jerry from Falcon acoustics and the thread used in these screw are likely BA thread, typically used for machine screws. I will check out a few hobbyist machinist shops and see what I can find. On the very off chance any of the fine members here have any of these caps spare I would...
  10. A

IMF owners thread!

Ah your memory must be slipping! I got these in Sydney a few years ago. Your were one of the first people I called when I got my hands on these I was so excited!
  11. A

IMF owners thread!

Hi all have a pair of IMF RSPM mkiv and have some missing knurled caps for the front face plate. Can I ask if anyone know the thread type for the as I have taken them down to several nuts and bolts places and they have no idea what thread it is metric or imperial. I am down in Australia by the...
  12. A

IMF owners thread!

Very much so. Bone chillingly cold. All the more reasons to stay indoors and listen to music :)
  13. A

IMF owners thread!

IM Is the cabinets on the celestion SL6 made from american walnut? If so get some veneer locally and try it out with both methods and see what you are happy with. I have some American Walnut if you cant get some locally and can post to you.
  14. A

IMF owners thread!

Just chiming in with the comments on tung oil. I have used tung oil over the years in various projects from sealing bamboo fly rods to sealing the outside of my bee hives with good results. True tung oil is a natural product from the nut of the tung tree. Woodworkers use it too finish items...
  15. A

IMF owners thread!

I do wonder why IMF chose to use Formica/laminex for a time there with the MKIIIs ?
  16. A

IMF owners thread!

Hey mech986 Thanks for confirming that the B139s that are available through falcon acoustics are different to the ones used on the earlier reference monitors. I wonder why falcon acoustics chose to reproduce that model. Guess it must be that they are used more widely amongst different speaker...
  17. A

IMF owners thread!

So those B139s that are available now at Falcon acoustics could be a drop in replacement but with greater wattage. Would think the crossovers would have to be modified to fit those new drivers?
  18. A

IMF owners thread!

Hi all here are the speakers in question. IMF-pioneer, Yvan and canuckaudiog I think you are all on the money with it being professional monitor mkIIIs, black front baffle, and the filling looks like that hand woven honeycomb filters that are on the MkIIIs? Is that bass driver the older race...
  19. A

IMF owners thread!

I will see if I can get some pictures. It will be asurprise for sure for the owner to discover they may be Professional monitor mkIIIs.
  20. A

IMF owners thread!

Hi Yvan. I don't have pics as they aren't mine and I don't anticipate I will see the owner any time soon. They were TLS80s as the owner bought them new. Do the Mklll have a metal plate on the bottom? These speakers did not. They had the two rectanglar/square vents with egg shell foam. Grey in...
  21. A

IMF owners thread!

Makes sense they were early versions before coming out with wood venner. Do you think they were still made in England or maybe constructed here in Australia?
  22. A

IMF owners thread!

Hi All Came across some TLS80 speakers recently and they had plastic laminate (wood coloured) instead of real wood veneer. I thought all the reference series speakers were wood veneered? They looked to be original IMFs as the owner had bought 2 sets from new at a well known Hifi store in...
  23. A

IMF owners thread!

That makes sense about using some real-estate on the back of the crossovers too. Thanks for posting the results of your experimentation!
  24. A

IMF owners thread!

Hi Jarl Wold. Those oils caps are pretty big from memory, wide and fat? How did you fit them onto the crossover boards? Do you have pics by any chance before you put them back into the cabinets? Cheers Andrew
  25. A

IMF owners thread!

Hi All Just feeding back from my search for some SC 1 crossovers as i had a set of radford sn8s crossovers that were changed over at some stage of the speakers life from the original. I had updates the tweeters to audax tw025a0 replaced the foam surrounds on the mids and replacement caps from...
Back
Top Bottom