Search results

1. Sakas

Phillips 312 pre-amp advice

Thank you all for the solid recommendation, just got it in the mail and love it! The XPS-1 really opened up the music and added depth (especially to the mid-range). Best buy I've made in a while.
  2. Sakas

Thanks, I’ll look into both of these! I’m new to selecting cartridges, what should I look for and how do they impact sound?
  3. Sakas

I do not have the headshell sled but is this what I need? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Philips-GP-200-Cartridge-Silver-with-Diamond-Turntable-Stylus-Vintage-NOS/273877407524?hash=item3fc45d9724:g:ZjMAAOSwcJhc2MWY
  4. Sakas

Checked the cartridge this morning and it’s actually the ADC K8E, I understand this is an entry level cart, does anyone have an upgrade that will be a good match for the 312?
  5. Sakas

Lots of love for the XPS-1. Just ordered one, looking forward to hooking it up!
  6. Sakas

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into those! Don't see anything on Amazon, is it only available from the manufacturer?
  7. Sakas

Hello AK'ers, Short version - Moved my Phillips 312 TT from the Pioneer SX-737 to my Yamaha RX-V481 receiver with a cheap rat shack pre-amp in between and now sounds terrible. Going to replace the pre- with something better and looking into replacing cart as well (currently inexpensive AT...
  8. Sakas

New here, love your thoughts on my setup!

Checking back in after a while, life got busy and had to devote energy elsewhere but things are calming down a bit again (hopefully). It's nice to come back to these threads and see the changes to the system as time has gone by - mostly assisted by great thrift store finds. Updated stats below...
  9. Sakas

Reference Series Generations explained??

I'm new to the forum here, so any guidance is much appreciated- thank you! I thought I had created a new post with an original title, but perhaps I'm misunderstanding...
  10. Sakas

For the Radio Shack fans . . .

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I thought purchased individually it's just called a center channel? :D :thumbsup:
  11. Sakas

"These go to 11" - awesome
  12. Sakas

The map is a vineyard and soil type map of the Willamette Valley (I work in the wine industry). It's pretty cool, want to get it framed but it'll cost a fortune...
  13. Sakas

I've had the Pioneer for about 15 years now and LOVE the sound. Being a 70's era receiver it doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but I don't know if I'll ever part with it. For 2 channel listening it'll take my new Yammies for a walk :rockon: We closed in April and the house isn't as big...
  14. Sakas

I know... :( i haven't had any issues with it yet though, the combo of a good turntable (it has a floating suspension) and a crummy sub (front-firing JBL from Best Buy for $90) has saved my vinyls so far! The only other place that will pass the WAF is behind the couch, thinking of picking up a...
  15. Sakas

Vienna Acoustics Speakers - Florida

Looks like there is a set of Vienna Acoustics speakers on the goodwill auction site, currently at $15 (pick up only). If I lived closer I'd be all over this, if someone is in the area here's the link https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/48387383 It's a Maestro center and a pair of Hadyn...
  16. Sakas

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

:eek::eek::eek:
  17. Sakas

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Social media. 'nuff said. (I'm 34 by the way)
  18. Sakas

Starter Klipsch?

I'm intrigued by the Klipsch sound, having heard them at a couple of my favorite coffee shop and greatly enjoying them. I understand I won't have a true sense until I audition some at home, so I'm looking for a good starter pair of bookshelves that I may try to resell if they don't work out...
  19. Sakas

"Count to 150 Without A Staff Member Interrupting" Speed Game

(I'm new here, when I saw the title of this post I thought it was about seeing how long it took before staff at a store interrupted...lol)
  20. Sakas

Mystery Towers?

Thanks for the input! He just sent me a pic on the connectors... not clips! They are about 4 feet tall, but he's either dodging giving more info or honestly knows nothing about these. Think they are worthwhile?
  21. Sakas

Phase Linear (Andromeda) Phase III speakers -familiar with these?

A pair of these just came up on CL, looks interesting but I'm not certain they would pass the wife test... lol https://salem.craigslist.org/ele/d/phase-linear-andromeda/6466099148.html
  22. Sakas

Mystery Towers?

Anyone have an idea of what these might be? A guy posted them locally on Craigslist with no further info other than calling them "vintage wood towers." I called and spoke with him briefly and he said there are no other marks whatsoever. He's asking for $100 for the pair..?
  23. Sakas

Reference Series Generations explained??

Hello AK'ers! I'm new to the forum and fairly new to Klipsch, but recently heard some at a small restaurant in town and am intrigued by them. Now, this wasn't a proper test drive or anything like that, but i figure I need to get them into my home to really asses either way.... so now I'm...
  24. Sakas

My 312 doesn't get as much play as it should... the cheap radio hack pre-amp is a big part of the problem... maybe I need to move it to the office, loved how it sounded with the 70's era Pioneer receiver (no pre-amp needed). Yours has green switches? Mine are all red... odd.
Back
Top Bottom