Search results

1. Lonnie1212

Question about adding a CD player to a rack system

Thank you Manfred! I tried your advice and now it works just fine. I am listening to beautiful piano music now.
  2. Lonnie1212

Hooking a Panasonic F65 carousel DVD player to an old Philips receiver. Not sure what I am...

Hooking a Panasonic F65 carousel DVD player to an old Philips receiver. Not sure what I am doing wrong.
  3. Lonnie1212

Question about adding a CD player to a rack system

Hi Folks, I have a Philips 7841 AM FM Stereo. Bought a Panasonic carousel CD player at a pawn shop tonight for $25.00. Brought it home and connected RCA cables from the CD player to the Philips phono ports. I heard music from the CD player immediately. But it is unbearably scratchy and not...
  4. Lonnie1212

Disappointed about my stereo repairs.

An update on my stereo situation. I took the stereo back to the repair shop. The repairman said there was a couple of transistors that went bad. I had originally taken this stereo in to have it refurbished. He said it was complete and finished when I went to pick it up. Got home and the 3...
  5. Lonnie1212

Hot Sauce - My sick addiction

One of my co-workers put a ghost pepper on her tongue for a couple of seconds. The next day she came to work and it looked like she had a cigarette burn on her tongue. It also burnt her face and fingers. If adults want to try that stuff, it might be okay. But keep it away from children. And...
  6. Lonnie1212

Appreciate hearing your opinion. Due to my experience at the repair shop. I think my vintage exploration will be limited. I will keep a couple of vintage receivers on hand. But I don't think I will start a big collection of items like some people.
  7. Lonnie1212

Looks alone: Best looking equipment?

I like vintage stereos with lights, meters, and various colors. Marantz receivers probably catch my eye the most. Then there are the Sansui and Pioneer receivers. A lot of JC Penny(MCS), and Realistic receivers that look nice. I have a Philips AH 4871. Would look very appropriate in a...
  8. Lonnie1212

Downsizing

?
  9. Lonnie1212

Downsizing

Thank you, Lonnie
  10. Lonnie1212

Most expensive component to least expensive, in your main system

An interesting thread. I would be happy with a couple of nice vintage receivers that work properly. I do have a nice Philips AH 4871 with Bose Speakers. That comes to $210.00. My Concord is in the repair shop for the second time. We will see how that turns out this week. Thanks for...
  11. Lonnie1212

Rabbit ear antenna question

I do you a computer running in the same room. It is a desktop computer with a cpu. Never really considered that it might cause interference. But maybe you are right.
  12. Lonnie1212

I want the best AM antenna possible. But I leave on the 6th floor of an apartment building with no yard. I do have windows and no balcony. I live in Springfield, IL. Would like to listen to WLM Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, TN, and the WLS in Chicago. Both are on the AM band.
  13. Lonnie1212

I have one of those cheap loop AM antenna's. I will try that to start off with.
  14. Lonnie1212

I think you are right. Money does not grow on trees. I also have boats and motors to spend money on, lol
  15. Lonnie1212

I wonder what would happen if I connected the rabbit ears to the AM side. The receiver I am talking about is being refurbished right now. Should have it back this week sometime.
  16. Lonnie1212

Sounds like a lot of work. It really requires an interest. I enjoy hearing from you. I see that you are from the Netherlands. I have been to Groningen and Amsterdam. Lonnie
  17. Lonnie1212

Sounds like you had a lot of good items. Maybe you could keep at least one vintage receiver.
  18. Lonnie1212

On Rabbit ear antennas there are two telescoping antennas. There is a also a wire loop at the base of the rabbit ear mount. What is a the wire loop for? Could that loop function as an AM antenna?
  19. Lonnie1212

Simple FM antenna for SX-1050

I use a set of rabbit ears from Wal-Mart. They work just fine. Here are two pictures.
  20. Lonnie1212

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

The Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, Tennessee, WLM Radio 650 AM. The receiver is a Philips AH 7841 with Model 21 Bose Speakers.
  21. Lonnie1212

Tripod recommendations?

Never underestimate what a pawn shop might carry. I purchased a new tripod stand at Walmart. Then I found 3 more at a local Pawn Shop.
  22. Lonnie1212

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Listening to NPR radio network. Blues music and history of Blues.
  23. Lonnie1212

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Beautiful music! I appreciate hearing it.
  24. Lonnie1212

Hello from Chicago :D

Hi Brent, Welcome to Audio Karma. It is nice to see your interest in vintage radio. Let's keep it around as long as possible.
  25. Lonnie1212

Hello, my name is Thorne and I'm an audio-holic

Welcome to AK! Listening to your childhood story of making a set of headphones sounds typical of those interested in radio.
Back
Top Bottom