Search results

1. Lonnie1212

Question about adding a CD player to a rack system

Hi Folks, I have a Philips 7841 AM FM Stereo. Bought a Panasonic carousel CD player at a pawn shop tonight for $25.00. Brought it home and connected RCA cables from the CD player to the Philips phono ports. I heard music from the CD player immediately. But it is unbearably scratchy and not...
  2. Lonnie1212

Rabbit ear antenna question

On Rabbit ear antennas there are two telescoping antennas. There is a also a wire loop at the base of the rabbit ear mount. What is a the wire loop for? Could that loop function as an AM antenna?
  3. Lonnie1212

Lonnie from Illinois

Have always had a fascination for radios. It all began when I was about 7 years old. My Dad got me a set of Soundesign Walkie Talkies, around age 10 I got an AM FM Shortwave radio from Sears, at age 15 I got a Bearcat III Police Scanner and then at 16 I got a CB radio. After college I joined...
  4. Lonnie1212

Disappointed about my stereo repairs.

10 days ago I took a vintage Concord CR-400 to a local repair shop. I ask the repairman to go over the unit and give it a good thorough inspection. A couple dial lights were burned out, and 3 of the 4 speaker channels did not work. Picked up the stereo today, paid the man $163.00 in service...
  5. Lonnie1212

New Antenna Performance

Today I connected a set of RCA Rabbit Ears to my Philips AH-7841. Used a 75 to 300 ohm connector. I am very happy with the results. At 3:00 PM today I was listening to Will Radio 90.9 in Urbana. I live 86 miles away in Springfield, Illinois. The signal was crystal clear and it wouldn't have...
  6. Lonnie1212

What gauge of speaker wire do I need?

Hi Folks, What size speaker wire do I need for my stereo setup? I have a Philips 7841 AM FM Receiver the specs say the power output is 40 watts(correction 20 watts) per channel. The speakers I ordered are Model 21 Bose and have a recommended amp power rating of 10 to 60 watts. When I was a...
  7. Lonnie1212

Are there stereo speakers made in the U.S.A.?

I want to find American made speakers for a AH 7841 Philips AM FM receiver. I think the channels are 40 or 45 Watts. Did a search on eBay and found some Yamaha speakers made in the U.S.A. It was hard to believe what I saw. I thought all Yamaha products were made in Japan or China. Would like...
  8. Lonnie1212

Names of American Made Receivers

Hi Folks, I have a curiosity about American made AM FM receivers. Does anyone know the names of American made receivers? So far I have discovered a Pilot Radio Corporation, Philips, McIntosh, and Concord. Any other names out there? Thank you, Lonnie
Back
Top Bottom