Search results

1. D

Akai X-360D

Replacing the electrolytics on the control board is a good idea, since a bad cap could have caused the blown diode. Electrolytics do tend to go bad over time even when not powered. There's a lot of then on the plug-in amplifier cards too, and there the bad ones will cause poor audio quality and...
  2. D

Akai X-360D

PS If you are using 60 Hz AC power, the 15 mf side of the capacitor is not connected to the motor.
  3. D

Akai X-360D

I think you have done pretty thorough troubleshooting. The voltage measurements rule out anything on the relay board, and swapping the capacitors rules out the cap. You can confirm the motor is bad if you can disconnect the motor wires at the 35 mf capacitor. I don't have my machine apart right...
  4. D

Akai X-360D

Just general info: Bought my x-360 in Japan at the Yakota AFB BX in 1969. The two terminals on the top of motor cap with blu/blk and grn/blk wires are dummy terms to connect the motor wires with the harness wires leading to the relay board. The common is red dot, sky colored wire, the white dot...
Back
Top Bottom