Search results

1. ChasmanIII

C26 paired with 2 McIntosh amplifiers

I need to correct my last reply. It was a C504 that I missed.
  2. ChasmanIII

Very interesting. I’m 67 and now only listen with my Widex hearing aids. They are a joy. Comparing the 2 systems with the same CD or record to me is really difficult. Both sound terrific. I missed a MX here locally too.
  3. ChasmanIII

What does that do with respect to what I am hearing? And will it result in damage to the 7150? A feature I like, they are nearly all the same size and each are in MC wood cabinets.
  4. ChasmanIII

I’m relatively new to McIntosh, And I haven’t posted for a while. I have a C26 I got in 2000. It is connected to MC 2505 as well as MC 7150. The 2505 powers ADS L700 - 4 ohm and the 7150 to JBL L100, I never run them simultaneously. To me this is a terrific feature. I definitely have 2...
  5. ChasmanIII

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

I have 2 - 4300's. Both have had some repairs but work beautifully. I have 1 original case and 2 reproductions. I use the Marantz to drive Klipsch RF26 and Heresy III's. I use a Marantz EQ10 and Marantz CD6006. The system blows me away in terms of clarity, definition and power. In college...
  6. ChasmanIII

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

I got started with my first McIntosh during the pandemic. It was good for something! I purchased a near mint 7505 from Glenn Poor's Audio in Champaign. I didn't have a pre-amp initially so used a HK. I wanted to find a pre-amp and found an exquisite C26 with case near Chicago. It was driving...
  7. ChasmanIII

MC7150 & MC2505 feet questions

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate the information very much. Any info on machine screw size would be tremendous. Best regards, Charlie
  8. ChasmanIII

MC7150 & MC2505 feet questions

Good morning. I have these 2 McIntosh amplifiers both of them in wood cases. I'd like to remove them from their cases and use them without, at least for a while. I haven't contacted Audio Classics but did search the forum. It appears the 2505 would use metal screw ~ #8 but I think the 7150...
  9. ChasmanIII

MC2505 with JBL L100's Any comments?

There so much history and good information in these threads. And this is my first McIntosh system, albeit it's 50 years old! And I'm 65 today! But there absolutely a reason why the appreciate in value! Best regards, Charlie
  10. ChasmanIII

I'm not an expert nor am I an audiophile. I play guitar and I would say listening to tube amplification vs transistor sounds full, deep, warm to my ears. This McIntosh follows that profile. And comparing it to the Marantz 4300 - 2 channel through the JBL's it is noticeably different. Just...
  11. ChasmanIII

Pan Loc?

Nice Caddy too! Bonneville here.
  12. ChasmanIII

Pan Loc?

The cup will rotate freely. The Panloc pin will only depress maybe 1 mm. The left Panloc pin will depress at least 3-4 mm and can feel the spring action. Both are protruding from the face equal length 5 mm. It's all hooked up now and listening as I type. I still waiting on the case. I...
  13. ChasmanIII

Pan Loc?

Also I see one of your main amplifiers is a MC2125. It's on my wish list. I like the the size of the 2505 but would like the extra power like the size and power of the 2125. And the cabinet I found is really nice. Still the sound of the 2505 and C26 is terrific. I have vintage L100's.
  14. ChasmanIII

Pan Loc?

Thank you. I think I saw that it in another post and tried that but no go. Disassembly?
  15. ChasmanIII

I searched and found this older thread. I'm new to McIntosh. I bought a MC2506 and C26 that I couldn't pass up. I have them hooked to L100's. I thought i would search to see if anyone had comments. I would agree with all the previous posts. To me it is very "tube like" amazing velvety...
  16. ChasmanIII

Pan Loc?

Hello. I searched and found this older thread. I just purchased my first McIntosh! I have been listen to vintage Marantz 4300's for some time. But couldn't pass on a MC2505. I found a MC26 with cabinet. The Panloc works beautifully. I just bought a case for the 2505. Prior to putting...
  17. ChasmanIII

Looking for Best Custom Balanced Cable

Can anyone refer me to a place who will make custom balanced cables? My buddy had excellent success from Venus but years back. Can't get any response? Looking for Sennheiser and Klipsch Headphone Amp. Thanks Charlie
  18. ChasmanIII

I "Hate" my new Klipsch Heresy speakers

I bought a new pair of Heresy III's. They also came with a SW311 sub. All new. They are hooked to a Marantz 4300 along with R26F. Awesome! I have JBL L100's and ADS 700 too. Totally different excellent but absolutely agree about hearing sounds never heard on the source, LP or CD. I have them...
  19. ChasmanIII

Heresy III's and Marantz 4300

Home alone today. So the Marantz 4300 is getting one hell of a work out! I have tweaked things a tad. I realize that the R26F's are high dollar but they are working quite well along with the Heresy's, maybe the next upgrade. I also added a mini FBQ Behringer that I use with my electric...
  20. ChasmanIII

Heresy III's and Marantz 4300

So the Heresy's just arrived! I had it already wired so literally plug and play. Awesome! Right now, they are set on the rear channel and Klipsch R26F's on the front which are actually off the floor another 12". The sound is incredible. The Eagles Long Road Out of Eden get's the debut. The...
  21. ChasmanIII

Aquired a Marantz 8b

Hello. I was in a Good Vibes store in Champaign, IL. I think they have a 8B. It was 1 owner with original spec and bill of sale. It's for sale, $2500. I think it's an 8B. He said 35 watts. No cover. They have to be amazing. I'm new to Audiokarma. I have 2 - 4300's. Charlie.
  22. ChasmanIII

Marantz wood case plans

Thanks and yes I and I think I found a metal case. I have the original wood, decent That's correct but I found a top cover. But from what I saw, he does beautiful work and walnut would great. I emailed him yesterday from a card I got. Maybe send the link in Barter Town? Mine is in an...
  23. ChasmanIII

Marantz 2275 purchase woes

I saw that you are building a cabinet. Great. I've been searching for a metal case for my 4300. It has original wood case. Decent. But too big for where it needs to live. I got a text from someone who saw Old Sounds New on Facebook. Cartwright Cabinets in MO. Nice work. Have no idea of...
  24. ChasmanIII

Marantz wood case plans

This is late but I've been searching for a metal top cover for my Marantz 4300. It has an original wood case. I've advertised on Craigslist. Yesterday I received a text from a fellow in MO. He builds and specializing in Marantz Receiver Cabinets. His name is Joe@asaalah.com I haven't seen his...
Back
Top Bottom