Search results

1. 77Bronco

Non MC great carts of all time, those carts that show MC how it is done what is yours?

I don’t have the breadth of experience most of you have with different carts and designs. I’ve only recently begun trying MC options thanks to C_dk (RIP) giving me a nice signet SUT and a few MC carts to try, along with purchasing a couple myself. I do love the sound from the MC choices I have...
  2. 77Bronco

Where's c_dk? (RIP July 4, 2020)

I got the Uber rare opportunity to have a few hours to myself tonight. So, I thought it to be perfect time to turn up a spirit in Chris’ honor, and play some tunes on gear that Chris went through for me. He was a great guy! He got to know my interests outside of Audio, asked about my family...
  3. 77Bronco

It is with a very heavy heart that I pass on the news that Chris passed away yesterday. I have been approached by a moderator here, and asked if I would be willing to take the lead in doing a little something for Chris and his family. I will make a new posting in the McIntosh forum in the...
  4. 77Bronco

Well guys, I was able to reach Chris’ wife this evening. After asking her permission to update, I have some bad news. Chris was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, and returned home a couple days ago for home hospice care. She asked if I could assist in getting any items that Chris was working on...
  5. 77Bronco

I’m off tomorrow. I think I’m going to go up and just do a wellness check, not like him to not return calls and texts right away. For now, he’s in my prayers.
  6. 77Bronco

I just texted him, hoping I may hear from him soon. I spoke to him on the phone on 6/2. We spoke about some items he’s working on for me. I hope everything is ok with him.
  7. 77Bronco

Marc Morin - Rest In Peace Our Friend

Godspeed Marc! My deepest and most sincere condolences to his family and other loved ones. May comfort and Grace surround you all. :(
  8. 77Bronco

Building 1973 System

Another vote for the sx-828. Happens to be my personal favorite receiver. 2nd pic shows how I tend to hoard what I like (I’ve since added a 4th)
  9. 77Bronco

Rate YOUR Speakers You Own Right NOW.

Electro Voice Sentry III’s Ads L810a’s Phase Tech 9t’s Braun 710’s OHM Walsh 2’s Phase tech PC-60 OHM Microwalsh Regrettably sold off 2 pair of EPI M202’s...they would’ve been just behind the 810’s
  10. 77Bronco

Anyone welded speaker stands?

Yeah...I really need to work on my dismount. Still haven’t quite gotten that right. :/
  11. 77Bronco

Anyone welded speaker stands?

Here are some copies I made of the ads f800 stands. This first set was out of stainless steel, but I can just as easily do some out of mild. I planned to make a run of f700 and f800 stands....but, alas...life just keeps me hopping and I struggle to find much shop time with a 12 mo old, and...
  12. 77Bronco

C47 or C34V, with MC452?

I’ll chime in here to say...I’ve recently had Chris (c_dk) restore a number of pieces for me recently. I’m super pleased with everything so far that he has done. But the one night/day difference piece was the c33 he did. There was a bad switch, but along with that he returned a pretty good bag...
  13. 77Bronco

Best looking and working $500 range vintage TT

I like the look of AR’s, especially the ES-1 and “the turntable”. Seen a few in that ballpark
  14. 77Bronco

Your Favorite Receiver

The 3 receivers that are my keepers. Marantz 2235 Pioneer sx-1250 Pioneer sx-828 The 828 is my favorite to listen to...so much so, I’m hoarding four of them. :)
  15. 77Bronco

MC2100 Shed find

I think you did. I think the mc2100 is one of the best bang/buck buys you can find...certainly if you want Mac gear. I love the versatility. Being able to bridge and run a pair is a great selling point to me, and I absolutely love the industrial look. I’m sure I’m in the minority, but I’m...
  16. 77Bronco

MC2100 Shed find

I totally agree. There’s some mighty fine techs on here that would do as well or better than factory work. I think for the guy I bought mine from...he wasn’t part of a community like this, and wanted the custom box. I do think you can purchase shipping boxes from Mac and a couple other...
  17. 77Bronco

MC2100 Shed find

Can’t really go wrong with McIntosh. One of my mc2100’s was sent to them for a rebuild. It was prior to my purchase, but I’ve seen the service write up. New driver boards, outputs, and heatsinks, completely recapped including the huge filter caps, autoformers tested and brought to spec...
  18. 77Bronco

MC2100 Shed find

I like it just the way it is... Pretty girls are fun and all...but it’s the unattractive ones who really take you for a ride!
  19. 77Bronco

My best thrift score yet! ADS L880 200w speakers!

Are the cabinets for the 880’d the same dimensions as the 810’s? I’ve made some exact copies of the F800 stands. I can make them from stainless (shown) or mild steel. I’m working on the F700 stands (for 710’s), but a death in the family has postponed any real shop time. Hopefully soon.
  20. 77Bronco

Suggestions to replace my Klipsch La Scalas

Why...Sentry III’s of course!
  21. 77Bronco

GordonW is the man!

I’m about to see if he can do the same for me. Thank God for the talents of this community!
  22. 77Bronco

Receiver Collectors: Raise Your Hands!!!

Love seeing other 828’s! It’s a sleeper
  23. 77Bronco

Receiver Collectors: Raise Your Hands!!!

I’ll keep my post short and sweet like this thread: HK 330C Marantz 2235 (non b) Pioneer sx-1500td Pioneer sx-727 (2)Pioneer sx-828 Pioneer sx-1250
  24. 77Bronco

Best Looking Receiver of all Time

Well...I read this post all the way through, and to start...it was suggested no power pics. I’m happy to post more :)
  25. 77Bronco

Best Looking Receiver of all Time

These are my votes. I’ve kept these as much for their looks as my love of their sound. Sx-1250. Has a little wow factor without being over the top (my only complaint about the 1980...it’s just a little too much for my tastes) Marantz 2235 (nonB). This one is just beautiful and balanced. And...
Back
Top Bottom