Search results

1. Diesel66

Pioneer speaker "the Holy Grail"

DSS lover here. Also have HPM150's These are the E10's. Right there with 150's. Also have the DSS 9's and 5's. All excellent sound replication in my opinion. Cheers
  2. Diesel66

Pioneer DSS9 : Which speaker do you have as left/right?

Yes I am running these on my Spec set up. My DSS9's did not have original woofers when I got them. 2 months later I grabbed a set of woofers from----a set of DSS'7s. The 9's have a much beefier cast woofers. Just lucky to have them.
  3. Diesel66

Pioneer DSS9 : Which speaker do you have as left/right?

Indeed. Run mine tweeters outside. "Left" is my left in sitting position. DSS-E10's, 9's, and 5's. Love them
  4. Diesel66

Happy 4/20, everyone!!!

Akilli Baddaado ! !!!!!! (Spl?) Cheers
  5. Diesel66

Greetings from Michigan

Crazy small world huh West side of Ltown here. Cheers, and enjoy the wealth of information shared amongst us on here.
  6. Diesel66

What reaction do you receive when people first see and/or hear your system?

Most comments are along the lines of “you know you don’t need the albums or reels, you can just stream off your phone w/BT?” Or, geeez are your speakers big enough?” They end with the comment-it does sound nice though!
  7. Diesel66

Imf compact monitor 2 ( CM2-A)

Marvelous is a good way to escribe these. I have the CM3a. Very detailed speakers as far as how I can describe them. I feel lucky to have a set
  8. Diesel66

Pioneer DSS-9 with intact original cones - can I trust myself to refoam?

Congrats on a sweet find. I’ve refoamed my 9’s and 10’s. Like others have said. Exercise restraint when scrapping the old foam off the back of the cones. Go slow and don’t rush and you will be OK. You can slip and easily crack them. I did buy a set off woofers off a site for my 9’s and they...
  9. Diesel66

Pulled the Pioneer DSS-7s out and they still surprise me!

Does not surprise me. Picture is my E-10’s. Also own 9’s and 5’s. DSS is a tough speaker to pull off the system. Mids and highs don’t compare to other Pioneer offerings short of TAD. The DV coil PG woofers excel at their duties. I describe them as capable of fast and deep bass. The rear...
  10. Diesel66

NOT AFFILIATED W/seller” Milwaukee “free”

Heads up looks decent NAWTS
  11. Diesel66

L56 surrounds

Thanks I have neatly trimmed the old rubber close to the cone I'm certain at this point any further attempts will only backfire and make an example of "what not to do". The old rubber completely adhered to the cone I did order new foam surrounds from Rick Cobb as was recommended in...
  12. Diesel66

Most sought after pioneers ???

Series 20 A27 owner and yes I consider myself lucky to have it. Ditto on the Series 20 pieces. i would also add the US Servicemen overseas/ PX only receivers. The TZ7 or 9 speakers HPM150 speakers DSS E10 or DSS9 speakers Here’s my SX5580.
  13. Diesel66

L56 surrounds

I’m in process of refreshing a set of L56 speakers. Looking for advice of the safest method of removing the rubber surround that is very much glued to the back of the cone I have tried ISO alcohol as well as 3M adhesive remover. Neither of them have helped in any way. I understand the...
  14. Diesel66

Want some HPM-150 speakers. Grab em while ya can ;)

Those woofers look extremely clean-other than the tape job. Also looks like veneer is coming off one side of one of them. Or maybe it’s something leaning on it Package deal price not to bad. I’m betting those 15” woofers are not damaged and we’re not played in over 20 yrs. duct tape looks...
  15. Diesel66

JBL 240Ti NW Chicago - $500

Agree 100% I heard a set of these for the 1st time yesterday. No doubt they are a value at $500. Somebody’s going to be very happy
  16. Diesel66

What's your latest audio purchase?

901’s Series IV w/EQ and pedestals. Rep for sellers says they stated they bought these new w/CR2080 and never used other than as decorations in their home. by far the cleanest of 4 sets I have owned
  17. Diesel66

Let's see your unique Stereo Cabinets and Entertainment Centers!

Reclaimed bowling alley from 2 Nd story downtown Holland Michigan. 7/8” rod, 3” casters. Now I know how I’ll build the next one.
  18. Diesel66

What's your latest audio purchase?

Technics SE/SU 9200 and EQ. Price maybe was right, but the Amp will need some attention.
  19. Diesel66

Found a chair, couldn’t help myself... Update...more chairs...and another today 8/4

I dabble in MCM chairs along with HiFi. Sold 2 last week and made several C notes. will do a steam vac on this then bring into the stereo room to enjoy before moving it along.
  20. Diesel66

I just bought a pair of NOS HPM-150s.

I’m using mine. Hell yes.
  21. Diesel66

Pioneer HPM-1500 restoration underway

Solid one piece gasket on mine. These came from original owner. Not the worst I have seen, but lucky they are original.
  22. Diesel66

Yes brittle but brilliant. DSS E10’s I fixed sound as good as mine 9’s with original survivors.
  23. Diesel66

Your going to love them. Clarity at both ends of the volume dial Enjoy
Back
Top Bottom