Search results

1. Pageplayer

Pioneer SPEC-2 recap and restoration thread!

As far as substituting the 2SA798-G/F with a KSA992FBU, the 992 is an appropriate equivalent replacement for the 798. Much easier to find if I had to guess. As a far matching the 992s, just buy a cheap Chinese component tester from the big auction site and buy about 20 or 30 992s from Mouser or...
  2. Pageplayer

SX-1980 Critical items on Power Amps

Thanks for the suggestions on the power supply. I installed that awhile back along with the rectifier boards.
  3. Pageplayer

Good suggestion.. I've been tossing that around and now that you brought it up, it seems foolish not to. I'm on it!
  4. Pageplayer

Good Day! I already replaced Caps, VR trimmers and Q33 & Q34 (2SC869) transistors on both power amps and ran the unit for a couple days. Every thing is stable. No problems with offset or bias. I then moved on to replacing the thermal paste on the output transistors and thought... before I...
  5. Pageplayer

SX-1980 PA3004 Shot?

Yeah, typo.. :) corrected All is good!
  6. Pageplayer

SX-1980 PA3004 Shot?

Update: rcs16, designer of the Delta9 Electronics AWR-154 Power Supply replacement PM'ed me and alerted me to what I did wrong. Yup its my fault. :whip: The AWR-154 board used in this restoration was bought from Delta9 Electronics as a completely populated board, but out of routine (This is my...
  7. Pageplayer

SX-1980 PA3004 Shot?

We should probably compare the Delta9 schematic for the new board, to the original. I'll need to see if I can find it when I get time.
  8. Pageplayer

SX-1980 PA3004 Shot?

Thanks Pete, What do you think about the 33v on pa3004 pin 1? It should be reading about 13v according to the schematic.
  9. Pageplayer

SX-1980 PA3004 Shot?

I have fully recapped this unit and installed a Delta9 Electronics populated power supply. All is good except when powering the unit on. I am seeing power meters jump up to the 0.1 watt area once the protection relay clicks and then the meters settle back to zero. I also notice the protect relay...
  10. Pageplayer

SX-1280: I'm stuck after output transistor mod

I did as AE Bob suggested and by moving the bottom of the T6 coil I was able to center the FM centerng meter on noise, and when tuning to my local station I seen the stereo indicator lamp illuminate in all its glory! That's all I had time for this evening. Thank you AE Bob!
  11. Pageplayer

Thanks Bob! I added it to my cart but the seller "is on vacation". Can you explain how it works? I've only done signal tracing once before with a SG and oscilloscope. I do have a HP 8657A that I picked up cheap awhile back and Ive only needed to use it once to rescue a SX780 FM board that...
  12. Pageplayer

You're right. There's no rush. I'll check voltages throughout the board and see what I find. May be some time before I get back to it. Thanks.
  13. Pageplayer

I had a little time this evening and decided to check voltages real quick as stated on your diagram and they all check in spec. 1-12v 2-6.5v 3-6.5v 4-6.6v 5-6.6v 6-6.7v 7-6.5v 8-2.9v mute on / No sound - 0.24v mute off / Sound 9-gnd 10-4.7v mute on / 6.2v mute off 11-12.6v 12-6.4v 13-6.4v...
  14. Pageplayer

Thanks for the tip Bob, I will check the chip with the scope soon.
  15. Pageplayer

So some good news. I looked at this the other day, but before reconnecting the 13v wires back on the PS board I gave it another inspection. (Which felt like the twentieth time) This time I notice a wire broke off pin 3 function board (GWS-133) that's connected to pin 3 on the Flat Amp, so I fix...
  16. Pageplayer

Mine is from January 1978. So those were installed to drain the filter caps, correct?
  17. Pageplayer

It is confusing. Wondering why Matts unit had them and others did not. Heres the one I have.
  18. Pageplayer

Interesting. :idea:
  19. Pageplayer

Thanks Rick, I will get back to this soon.
  20. Pageplayer

If it wasn't for this post, (Thanks Matt!!) I wouldn't have known that SPEC-2 I just opened up does not have the series of resistors and caps wired between the Filter cap and the terminal block as shown in Matts photo. Can someone tell me the values so that I can add them back in? I assume...
  21. Pageplayer

I picked up this SX1280 last April in poor shape. Another neglected unit that needed some TLC. It was working, but sound was very weak and protection would kick on when turning up the volume. I assumed it would need the pots cleaned and a recap. Upon opening up the unit. I found the left channel...
  22. Pageplayer

Can't you smell that smell?

Why do I keep getting the ones that smell like an old musty barn! :dunno:
  23. Pageplayer

hpm-100 vs hpm-60 port trim ring

HPM-60 rings will not fit HPM-100s I tried it. I'd buy reproductions for the 100s if anyone could make them. ;)
  24. Pageplayer

Pioneer HPM-100 successful crossover mod!

I went with an electrolytic.. 647-UKL2AR15KDD I figured this would be fine, since you cant hear the Super Tweeter anyway. Just sayin.
  25. Pageplayer

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Feb 4, 2018
Back
Top Bottom