Search results

1. webbsworld

Teac V-5RX not playing

I picked up a TEAC V-5RX cassette player at Goodwill the other day. Unit is in good cosmetic shape and reverse and fast forward work but play does not. It moves a bit then stops. Could it need new belts? I'm a newbie at repairs but for $3 I thought it would be worth a try to get it going. Thanks.
  2. webbsworld

Sherwood S-7900a... thrift store find

Well I swapped out the Pioneer for the Sherwood and added a pair of Goodman EE-65s that have been recapped to go along with the pair of Realistic Optimus 5b's. I'm very impressed with the amount of punch this unit has as compared to the Pioneer. It seems 60w per channel is an understatement. I...
  3. webbsworld

Sherwood S-7900a... thrift store find

I scored a Sherwood S-7900a at a local thrift store for $10. After a little cleaning it seems to work great. It even has the walnut case. I'm wondering, since it's 60w per channel, should I swap it into my den's system in replace of my Pioneer SX-790 or is the Pioneer superior? Right now it's...
  4. webbsworld

Trouble with SG-9 EQ

No it does not pass the signal when off , but everything lights up. I downloaded the manuals but I'm not real literate on electronics to be completely honest.
  5. webbsworld

Trouble with SG-9 EQ

I acquired a SG-9 eq. After hooking it up to my SX-790 the volume when running it through the SG-9, is hardly audible. Any thoughts? I hooked up through the tape monitor loop as per the manual. Volume is normal when tape monitor is off but when turned on to send signal through the SG-9 the...
Back
Top Bottom