Search results

1. Cliffordreid

Cartridge and stylus recommendations for a Dual 510

I haven’t had a good look, but the seller told me it’s stamped shure on the top. Not sure if that makes a difference
  2. Cliffordreid

Cartridge and stylus recommendations for a Dual 510

just wondering what someone may recommend as an upgrade of cartridge for a dual 510. Right now it has a realistic R27E, or Shure M75e cartridge, and a EVG RS6E stylus.
  3. Cliffordreid

Is there a Gear vs Music Argument?

This exists in every hobby. In skateboarding, we called them posers. Kids who showed up to the park with brand new high end skate shoes, top of the line boards, and could hardly skate. They’ed skate around for a few minutes, but mostly sat around holding their board. Next week theyed show up...
  4. Cliffordreid

Dual 701...reunited...

Exciting! I got my first real, working TT on the weekend. A Dual 510!
  5. Cliffordreid

New turntable day! Finally

Hello fellow Canadian! I’m hoping this one runs long enough that I can learn a few things before I can fix anything.
  6. Cliffordreid

Thanks! So many records I can’t wait to hear on a real table
  7. Cliffordreid

That was pretty much what I was going for. I like that it has a speed adjustment as well
  8. Cliffordreid

First post! Help me upgrade

That’s what I was going for! Now hopefully my receiver and speakers like it.
  9. Cliffordreid

Ended up with this! After all my research, I decided for my price range(under $300 Canadian) that a Dual would be what I’d be most happy with. There were like 15-20 duals on Craigslist to choose from, weeded through those and decided to go for a 510, a 1219, or a 1229. The 1219 guy never...
  10. Cliffordreid

Thanks a bunch! Can’t wait to get home and rediscover my vinyl collection :)
  11. Cliffordreid

The look definitely intrigued me, very classic. I’ve also heard that they’re generally pretty solid, especially once they’ve been serviced and looked at.
  12. Cliffordreid

Most important thing on the list was definitely condition haha Seems duals are a lot of people’s underdog. Years later, always coming back to that old dual. That’s what I want :)
  13. Cliffordreid

And that table is gooorgeous by the way!
  14. Cliffordreid

There was a 1229 and a 1219 available as well. But I was more interested in something recently serviced. Turns out the guy has a bunch of duals, and knows them pretty well... was happy to hear that.
  15. Cliffordreid

So, I finally picked one. Thanks to everyone’s help figuring this out this passed week in my other thread. After a lot of research, I decided dual was the way to go for my price range and preferences. Of all the models in my price range on Craigslist, I decided this one was my best bet. Table...
  16. Cliffordreid

I’ve definitely heard great things about it. It’s listed as having a new stylus and cartridge, so that’s a start. The 510 is listed as recently serviced, new motor, new cords, lubed up, and ready to go. Which is enticing cause I definitely don’t want another project. I want something to listen...
  17. Cliffordreid

1219 might not work out, but I’m planning to check out a 510 and a 1229 this weekend. I’ve pretty much narrowed it down to dual. Especially since there’s so many around, lots to choose from. Locally on Craigslist there is... - 604 - 506 - cs504 - cs505-1 - 1219 - 1210 - 1214 - dt250 - cs514...
  18. Cliffordreid

Help me find hi-res photos of B&W album covers? (community project)

Find the image you want, and then use photo editing software like Lightroom or photoshop and do it yourself! That way if there’s something specific you want, and you can’t find it in black and white... you can just find a good quality image of the cover, and then doctor it up yourself. You...
  19. Cliffordreid

So I think I’m going to be choosing between the following: Dual 604 for $295 Technics sldd2 for $310 Or if I’m lucky, there’s a dual 1219 on Craigslist for $225, but it’s a little out of the way and I may not be able to make it. All prices in Canadian of course. One I have a new working...
  20. Cliffordreid

Bd-2000 issues and questions

I’m going to realign it tomorrow, hopefully I can find an alignment protractor or something. I’m not sure which one to use though.
  21. Cliffordreid

I’ll try it again. But anything below the amount of pressure where the cartridge drags, and I start getting sibilance and distortion.
  22. Cliffordreid

I just put a new stylus on it, and tracking weight is only at 2.0 G. Maybe I should return the styles.
  23. Cliffordreid

fairly certain the cartridge is even hitting the vinyl at some points. This is so frustrating haha Why can't things just work?
  24. Cliffordreid

The overall plan is to get something... Decent. Better than the BD-2000, and LP-60 I currently have, but without spending over $300 Canadian. Just to use for the next few months, so I can properly enjoy my vinyl. Then while I use the new one... I can fix the BD-2000, and then do more research...
Back
Top Bottom