Search results

1. K

Part L501 on P500 Marantz 2270 FM Detector Board

Actually I did find a Marantz tech in TX that had a FM Board and sold it to me. I sent to MN and it was installed and problem resolved. I just went on the web and typed in Marantz repair and asked about 4 or 5 shops till I found this guy. He had one spare board. Sold it to me for 30 dollars I...
  2. K

No it's a double one vice single. I found a Toko document off a UK web site but can't cross it unless I have the Toko part on the Marantz board. Asked my tech for it. The unit is in WI and I'm in Orlando.
  3. K

The can was damaged, (little plastic tuning screw, half of it's missing),. Marantz part number is L110118801 but can't find a MFG part number on the part itself. I would guess made by Japanese company Toko which was big back in the day. Looked at various sites in UK, Japan, HK and Ebay. Tried a...
  4. K

C-228-C229 Fm Detector Parts (DK1710301)

Yes...darn it....the search begins....
  5. K

C-228-C229 Fm Detector Parts (DK1710301)

Is there some reference site I can look at for a cross reference for the C228C229 (DK1710301) Just need these parts and not the entire FM Detector Board. Thank you
  6. K

Craigslist Scam: Do a reverse photo look up.

I've been lucky with FBMP. My biggest problem is seeing a great item and while I'm on my way someone offers more and the seller cancels my pickup. Hate that. There is a never ending scam with the cars and I wish FB would charge car sellers a small fee to help reduce that problem.
  7. K

I always use a fake gmail name/account different from my real yahoo account until the deal is made plus have a "CL Scammer" folder in gmail account to keep track of scammers in case they pop up again. FBMP is a bit better and never had to deal with scammers on there for vintage audio gear...
  8. K

I had great luck using the "Wanted" feature on CL over the years, but there are always bad people out there that we have to deal with these days.
  9. K

Upload an image On your computer, go to a web browser. Go to Google Images. Click Search by image . Click Upload a file. Select an image. Click Open or Choose.
  10. K

I posted on CL this morning " Wanted Sansui 7070" Got a reply within and hour. "Your lucky day"...."seller (scammer)" sent nice photos, price was $500.00 and in Panama City, which is about 8 hour drive. So did a reverse photo lookup via Google and found those photos on Offerup Ad from six months...
  11. K

q-3535 and sp-220

Pretty old...looks all original....I'm looking for a Sansui 7070...no luck yet....
  12. K

q-3535 and sp-220

1969 Sansui q-3535 vintage tube amplifier Forest Park, GA I did not put the link because I don't know if that is allowed on this site. This is up for sale on FBMP (Not mine, not trying to help seller), just noticed on my early morning Sunday search for interesting audio gear. I recently have...
  13. K

Pioneer SX-1250 on FBMP Very Rough Shape

Someone bought it. It would be fun to see that person do a youtube video on it if he is going to try to restore it.
  14. K

You got slammed down in Cape Coral. I bought my Mcintosh MR78 down there 3 years ago from a Nurse that had a huge collection of audio gear. I hope he made it with little damage.
  15. K

how good are the JBL L15 bookshelf speakers by todays standards?

I love my L15 speakers. Got of CL from the original owner, one small ding, but the walnut cabinets look great on my shelf. They sound excellent with my Sansui 4000.
  16. K

Way beyond my paygrade, but wow..the satisfaction in actually restoring that unit and get it working without breaking your bank account...
  17. K

It would be funny if it actually working...don't think so....but who knows...
  18. K

I always get up early, 4, to look for some "deal" on CL, FBMP, for vintage audio gear. Not so lucky the last few years. But saw this sad picture of a once great piece of audio gear. I can only imagine that during the years when a old piece of audio gear was not so desirable it met it's decline...
  19. K

Trashed JBL L36 Decade Restoration - I Need Your Help!

Old thread but I'm looking for a set of L36 to work on. That is a great job. Looks perfect. Well done!
  20. K

Removing Speaker Grills from AR-3 Speakers

I would recommend using this simple plastic tool from Harbor Freight to remove the grills. I used a small 3 inch plastic putty knife on the first speaker grill. Not good. So pondering my problem I checked at Harbor Freight and found this Paint Trimmer tool. $1.50. I went along the side edges...
  21. K

AR-4x question

Amazing deal for 59 dollars and my AR4's still kicking. I replaced one pot and one crossover and wham...work great.
  22. K

AR-4x question

Pictures
  23. K

AR-4x question

I bought these AR3 speakers last week. Painted a terrible brown and I just finished sanding them off. Love the pine look. Ordered new caps. Just recevied new pots. Looks like a fun project.
  24. K

AR-4x question

I love the pine look. Rarely do I see them and the last time was on ebay a week ago but no shipping and too far to pick them up. But shall keep looking. If I could find the EV4 birch speakers that would be better yet!
Back
Top Bottom