Search results

1. H713

Hammond 1650P or 1650HA?

Hello, I'm about to order transformers for a push-pull 1625 tube amp project, and I'm wondering if there's really much advantage to going with the Hammond 1650P over the 1650HA. Beyond that, what's the difference between the 1650H and the 1650HA (And for that matter, the 1650P vs. 1650PA). I...
  2. H713

Heathkit AA-121- What happened to this thing?

Just bought this thing with plans to restore it, and I was hoping for some advice as to how I should proceed. I have not tested this thing yet, as when I got it the selenium rectifier was still in place and the surgistor was burned out. Moreover someone had bypassed the fuse holder (uh oh...)...
  3. H713

Heathkit AA-121 Restoration

I just bought a Heathkit AA-121 on eBay for $200 shipped. The guy said that he "plugged it in, 15 seconds later saw smoke and turned it off". The pictures do not show tubes, but who knows if it had them when he tested it. I have an extra output transformer for this amp, so as long as both aren't...
  4. H713

Cadmium-Coated chassis

I was recently given a pair of NJE LVC II 20-1 bench power supplies with a Cadmium coated chassis that has the very familiar white powdery oxidation. It does indeed come off when rubbed. I know this is toxic, so I was planning to simply salvage the transformers from these and build a new bench...
  5. H713

A few more DIY Tube amp Questions

After a bit of pondering after my last post, I've got two designs in mind. I'd prefer not to spend the $250 on a pair of ST-70 output transformers. I'd like to keep the output transformers under 200. I'm trying to decide between building an "ST-70" with Edcor transformers (probably have to be a...
  6. H713

Sony PS-X75 IC Chip

So I got myself into a bit of a dilemma by accepting a free Sony PS-X75 turntable. I'm not a turntable expert. I was told it has a bad microprocessor. I have not had much luck finding one of these chips (It's an MB8841-209L). Is this a project worth pursuing? I know this has not been operational...
  7. H713

Looking for DIY Tube amp design

New to the forum, I'm looking to build an amp in the 25-40W range, and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a good push-pull design using EL34s or 6L6s. I'm open to other tubes as well, but I'd like to stick with common and inexpensive tubes (preferably not KT88s). Given that I'm...
Back
Top Bottom